Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern Post 302320223 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 11:16:11 AM
Old 05-27-2009
sorry - try this:
Code:
sed -n '/-[EW]-/s/.*-[EW]-\(.*\)/\1/p' input.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a particular start and end pattern from a line

hi In the foll example the whole text in a single line.... i want to extract text from IPTel to RTCPBase.h. want to use this acrooss the whole file Updated: IPTel\platform\core\include\RTCPBase.h \main\MWS2051_Sablime_Int\1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish205
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent! Sed/Awk Filter Find Pattern Delete Till End Of Line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent Help required : awk/sed help to find pattern and delete till end of line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract pattern from text line

Gents, from these sample lines: ZUCR.MI ZUCCHI SPA RISP NC 2,5000 6 ott 0,0000 ZV.MI ZIGNAGO VETRO 3,6475 16:36 Up 0,0075 is it possible to get this: ZUCR.MI 2,5000 ZV.MI 3,6475 i.e. the first field, a separator and the first decimal number? (in Europe we... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vampirodolce
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, the text line looks like this: "test1" " " "test2" "test3" "test4" "10" "test 10 12" "00:05:58" "filename.bin" "3.3MB" "/dir/name" "18459" what's the best way to select any of it? So I can for example get only the time or size and so on. I was trying awk -F""" '{print $N}' but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

The text line has the following formats: what.ever.bla.bla.C01G06.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.C11G33.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.01x03.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.03x05.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.Part01.BLA.BLA2 and other similar ones, I need a way to select the "what.ever.bla.bla" part out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed : identify a pattern and append a word at the end of a line

Hello to all, On aix, I want to identify a term on a line in a file and then add a word at the end of the line identified. I do not want the word to be added when the line contains the symbol "#". I use the following command, but it deletes the term identified then adds the word. #sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: how to move matched pattern to end of previous line

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I've been doing a lot of sed work lately and have found many useful tips on this forum. I've hit a roadblock in a project, though, and could really use some help. I have a text file with many lines like the following, i.e., some lines begin with a single word... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paroikoi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Range Pattern and 2 lines before Start Pattern

Hi all, I have been searching all over Google but I am unable to find a solution for a particular result that I am trying to achieve. Consider the following input: 1 2 3 4 5 B4Srt1--Variable-0000 B4Srt2--Variable-1111 Srt 6 7 8 9 10 End (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: y2jacky
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)