Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: KSH, coprocess and SSH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KSH, coprocess and SSH Post 302320158 by sylvainkalache on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 07:39:20 AM
Old 05-27-2009
After asking my question on several forum and search on Google, nothing good.

I have read something interesting about someone who want to use SSH as a coprocess and who fail with this: girtby.net - The Other Kind of Reentrant

Finally, I think it's not possible to do by this way, because of SSH. After all I have read, SSH seem to be very boring to use in a script.

Like I want to communicate with network equipment like Cisco router, it's not possible tu use the system of public/private key so not possible to avoid the password prompt when I open the SSH sesssion.(Something is possible with expect but if I can not use this it's better)

I want to do massive deploy of configuration on network equipment, about hundred, with Telnet it's ok but with SSH I don't know how I will do?

Idea? :)

Last edited by sylvainkalache; 05-27-2009 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: add a suggestion of solution: expect

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I/O redirection within a coprocess

Hello everybody, I have a question about I/O redirection within a coprocess. I want to setup a coprocess and then redirect output to a file on a remote machine. Here's some Perderabo code modified exec 4>&1 # # Section 1 --- Prove that we can talk with the hosts in HOSTLIST # ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mugin
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Coprocess Performance Question

I am wracking my brains over this. I am trying to use a Korn Shell script to execute an Oracle PL/SQL procedure, using the Oracle command line interface (sqlplus). The script starts sqlplus in a coprocess, and the two processes communicate using a two-way pipe. The bgnice option is off, so both... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Puddephat
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh into a shell script (KSH)

Hi all, Just like to ask if it is possible to do the following: 1. Have a shell script that calls ssh username@destinationhost 2. Upon successful verification, we ssh into the destination host and automatically use ksh to run a shell script that resides in the destination host. (Hopefully no... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - coprocess???

Hi can any one let me know if awk doesnt work with the coprocess??? I have tried a simple example mentioned below but couldnt get it working seems like awk doesnt work with the coprocess concept. I would appreciate very much for any inputs on this. exec 4>&1 awk -v count=$COUNT >&4 2>&4 |&... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh commands in ksh question

Is there a way to shorten these commands? because this script asks for a password 3 times scp -p /usr/local/bin/${script_name} ${servername$iy]}://usr/local/bin/ ssh ${servernames} /usr/local/bin/${script_name} ssh ${servernames} rm -f /usr/local/bin/${script_name} Basically, I'm creating a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get coprocess output into var

This is probably a simple one for the wise. I have just started using a coprocess (first time) in order to facilitate telnet'ing from inside a shell script. It's working, but when I run a remote command I need to get the output into a local variable, but alas my kung-fu is weak. #!... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan-e
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL/Plus in a coprocess example. Also saves query results into shell variables

While assisting a forum member, I recommended running SQL/Plus in a coprocess (to make database connections and run a test script) for the duration of his script rather than starting/stopping it once for every row in a file he was processing. I recalled I made a coprocess example for folks at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ssh ksh script

Hi, I am trying to figure out a ksh script that i have and i think i found it but not sure. i am having to scp or sftp files from my remote server over 2 others to the destination. i have the rsa keys setup for the servers on my end and the username and password for the final server. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksh_beginner
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh from a ksh returning not found message

Script name is test.ksh I know that that the ssh command is working properly, this can be verified by the value returned in respond variable. It is unique to the remote server _____________________________________________________ respond=$(ssh $remoteHost find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adagio
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - keep argument variables after ssh

i have a script that should ssh to different host/server. See below: ./script.ksh var1 var2 var3 case $ser in ser1) depo='appr1' set -A aprrA aprrB ssh ser2 "/home/dir/script.ksh $1 $2 $3" ssh ser3 "/home/dir/script.ksh $1 $2 $3" ssh ser4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
4 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)