Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file transfer from windows to unix using ftp Post 302320126 by Nandagopal on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 06:16:40 AM
Old 05-27-2009
I tried using ASCII mode. But even though I'm not able to get that blank line

If we give two blank lines at the end of the file in windows, then we can able to get one blank line in unix.
It is like
For 2 Blank lines in windows , we get 1 blank line in unix
For 3 Blank lines in windows , we get 2 blank line in unix
For 4 Blank lines in windows , we get 3 blank line in unix........

Last edited by Nandagopal; 05-27-2009 at 07:22 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

transfer of files via ftp from windows to unix

I am currently looking to write a script to transfer files from a windows NT server to a unix server any ideas of how to go about this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chambala5
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer files from Unix server to Windows using FTP

Dear Friend, I don't know much about unix.I am an VB6.0 Programmer.I need to move an text files as aaa.txt from unix server to windows "D: " driver using the FTP protocol.Is it possible to do this with help of unix shell script.If possible please give some sample codes. Please answer as early... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gjsaravanan
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to Transfer a whole Directory from unix to windows using FTP?

Hi I can transfer a single file and multiple file from unix to widows using get and mget command.But i dont know How to transfer a whole directory from unix to windows using command. pls help me Ramkumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumarm83
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

File transfer between unix and windows server

hi all, I have two server(Unix tru64 and windows 2003 server). these server's live running now. The win2003server doesn't have ftp server. Also Unix server doesn't have samba. if both server's have ftp server that no problem. How to transfer file from windows server to unix by every... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

File transfer between unix and windows viceversa

Hi, My requirement is to connect to a windows system from unix fileserver and get some files then process them using shell scripting and database related stuff.it will generate some output.i have to copy again some files back to windows system at some directory. How do i connect to windows from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transfer file from unix to windows on same PC

Hi, Do any one know the shell script code to transfer a file from unix to windows on same PC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

UNIX to windows XP file transfer

I am using Unix workstation to transfer a .txt file to my other Windows XP desktop using network. can u suggest some idea how to do. i am new to unix . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil17
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to transfer files from UNIX server to windows machine or vice versa using ftp or sftp commands?

hi, i want to write a shell script code which transfers files from a directory in unix server to a directory in a windows machine.. can any1 give me a sample code which uses ftp or sftp command.. thanks very much, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer file from Local PC to UNIX Directory without FTP?

Dear All, i am trying to get the file from windows location to unix location without using FTP and neither thru entering the user id and password. I have one unix form which is running on web application and user is entering the location and file name there now i know the file name and path. So i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripudaman.singh
8 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cygwin script to transfer file from windows to UNIX

Hi, Objective is to transfer files from windows server to Unix server using cygwin. I have installed cygwin, and I manually execute commands and transfer files from windows to unix using sftp. These are steps I execute 1) Run cmd 2) Run cygwin 3) At prompt type sftp user1@uniserver 4) lcd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
2 Replies
g3cat(1)						       mgetty+sendfax manual							  g3cat(1)

NAME
g3cat - concatenate multiple g3 documents SYNOPSIS
g3cat [-l] [-a] g3-file1 ... DESCRIPTION
g3cat concatenates g3 files. These can either be 'raw', that is, bitmaps packed according to the CCITT T.4 standard for one-dimensional bitmap encoding, or 'digifax' files, created by GNU's GhostScript package with the digifax drivers. Its output is a concatenation of all the input files, in raw G3 format, with two white lines in between. If a - is given as input file, stdin is used. If the input data is malformed, a warning is printed to stderr, and the output file will have a blank line at this place. OPTIONS
-l separate files with a one-pixel wide black line. -h <blank lines> specifies the number of blank lines g3cat should prepend to each page. Default is 0. -L <lines> limit lenght of output page to maximum <lines> lines. SPECIAL-CASE OPTIONS -w <width> specifies the desired page width in pixels per line. Default is 1728 PELs, and this is mandatory if you want to send the fax to a standard fax machine. If one of the input files doesn't match this line width (for example because it was created by a broken G3 creator), a warning is printed, and the line width is transparently fixed. -a byte-align the end-of-line codes (EOL) in the file. Every EOL will end at a byte boundary, that is, with a 01 byte. -p <pad> specifies a minimum number of bytes that each output line must be padded to. Padding is done with 0-bits before the EOL code. -R suppress output of end-of-page code (RTC). Example The following example will put a header line on a given g3 page, 'page1' and put the result into 'page2': echo '$header' | pbmtext | pbm2g3 | g3cat - page1 >page2 FILES
-- BUGS
Hopefully none :-). SEE ALSO
g32pbm(1), sendfax(8), faxspool(1) AUTHORS
g3cat is Copyright (C) 1993 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de> greenie 27 Oct 93 g3cat(1)