Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to increase Virtual Disk size Post 302320094 by ravager on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 03:52:26 AM
Old 05-27-2009
Yes you will have to unmap the disk and remap it back to the Lpar

if the Lpar is up you may have to export the vg (not rootvg )
Unmap the disk in the vioserver ( rmdev -dev device_name )
remap the disk to the vhost (mkvdev -dev bla bla )
on the host ( cfgmgr )
re inmport the vg

check the disk size ( bootinfo -s hdiskxx )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

increase size of /tmp

My /tmp is full, and the oracle installation is crashing. How can I increase the size of /tmp, even though I have allocated all the available disk space to other partitions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkappaz
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

increase size

Hi All, one of the mount point in Hp ux server has reached 95% its a data base file and can not be deleted. so i want to know how to increase the size of mount point i am new to unix ,please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoti
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to increase the size of the allotment

Hi all, I have a 130gb HDD of which 95b is taken up by various partitions of windows xp... I partitioned my HDD and gave solaris 10gb of space, but now owing to some development stuff i need to increase the space!!! How do i do it!! Please note that i do have ~20gb of space left still...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to increase process size ???

Hi All, Could anybody tell me how to increase/decrease a process size in UNIX HP machine ? Whether the process size limitation will cause core dump ? Thanks, Rohit.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronix007
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase salt size

Unix protect its password by using salt It that mean larger the salt size the more secure? if the salt size increase greatly, will the password still able to be cracked? thank you for helping (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cryogen
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase size to sd[b-c]

hi guys I am working on my vmware workstation. I have a /dev/sdb which is 5GB. I am using LVM. Now I increase /dev/sdb 2 more GB. fdisk -l shows 7 GB but pvscan still shows 5GB. how do I make my system recognize the new 7GB added and be able to add those to my physical volumen and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kopper
1 Replies

7. Fedora

How to increase/Decrease Local Virtual consoles?

I m tring to figure out the option where i can increase/Decrease the count for local virtual consoles(vtys). I can able to take upto 6 vtys using (left alt+(F1-F6)) But is there any way i can increase the count ? One more query even though i can only take tty upto tty6 why there are tty... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Delete syslog but size disk can't increase

Hi Experts, I have a problem wih /var. Disk /var is full. After i investigate, i found file /var/log/syslog.0 is growing rapidly. The size is 4.3G. I tried to move syslog.0 to another disk and file was moved successfully. My question is why size /var can't increase? used space still 100%. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
7 Replies

9. SCO

Increase disk size on OS side on the fly

Hi, I'm Linux administrator who happens to 'administer' SCO Unix 5.0.7, which is virtual server on VMware - deployed from official ovf image. My problem is that root filesystem is almost out of disk space, and we've decided to do it as we do on every other virtual servers and extend disk on... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldenboy
13 Replies

10. Solaris

Increase disk size of guest domain

Host System: SPARC S7-2 Server; 2x8-core CPUs; 128Gb RAM; 2x600Gb HDD. running Solaris 11.3. Last login: Tue Sep 19 14:42:42 2017 from xxx.xxx.xxx Oracle Corporation SunOS 5.11 11.3 June 2017 $ uname -a SunOS sog01 5.11 11.3 sun4v sparc sun4v $ Original physical systems: Sun... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apmcd47
0 Replies
KFS(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    KFS(4)

NAME
kfs - disk file system SYNOPSIS
disk/kfs [ -rc ] [ -b n ] [ -f file ] [ -n name ] [ -s ] DESCRIPTION
Kfs is a local user-level file server for a Plan 9 terminal with a disk. It maintains a hierarchical Plan 9 file system on the disk and offers 9P (see intro(5)) access to it. Kfs begins by checking the file system for consistency, rebuilding the free list, and placing a file descriptor in /srv/name, where name is the service name (default kfs). If the file system is inconsistent, the user is asked for per- mission to ream (q.v.) the disk. The file system is not checked if it is reamed. The options are b n If the file system is reamed, use n byte blocks. Larger blocks make the file system faster and less space efficient. 1024 and 4096 are good choices. N must be a multiple of 512. c Do not check the file system. f file Use file as the disk. The default is /dev/sd0fs. n name Use kfs.name as the name of the service. r Ream the file system, erasing all of the old data and adding all blocks to the free list. s Post file descriptor zero in /srv/service and read and write protocol messages on file descriptor one. EXAMPLES
Create a file system with service name kfs.local and mount it on /n/kfs. % kfs -rb4096 -nlocal % mount -c /srv/kfs.local /n/kfs FILES
/dev/sd0fs Default file holding blocks. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/disk/kfs SEE ALSO
kfscmd(8), mkfs(8), prep(8), wren(3) KFS(4)