Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage. Post 302320093 by mahive on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 03:45:41 AM
Old 05-27-2009
Top is not installed on this system.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Process CPU usage in Solaris 10

Hi All, Please let me know the command (expect top) to view the cpu usage of every process in Solaris 10. Thanks in Advance, Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun.viswanath
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is ‘nice’ command useful on a multi-CPU UNIX system?

Can someone tell me this. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xoxouu
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

High System CPU Usage

I am running a Dell PE R815 with 4 x AMD 12 core CPUs with 128GB of RAM and a RAID 5 array of 6 SAS disks. This is an HPC application and is definitely CPU bound, however once I run 16 of these processes (thus pinning 16 cores) the work performed slows down dramatically, to maybe 5 or 10% of what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mowmentous
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to access multiple linux servers to get system details such as CPU usage

Hi Is there any shell script that accesses multiple linux servers to get details such as CPU usage, RAM used etc. The access of the servers must be parallel not serial in the sense it must ping all the servers at a time to get information.The script has to be triggered from a host system and get... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mssrivatsa
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Bind9 DNS on Solaris 10 x4270 & CPU usage

I have configured a Bind9 DNS on a X4270 machine with Solaris10 I am excuting some repformance tests with DNSPERF tool and maximun CPU usage is 23%. I have seen with prstat -L -p PID that named process usses only 2 of the 8 available CPU at the same time although threads for all CPUs exist.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parisph
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is total CPU usage for sar %user+%system+%iowait?

Hi all Can anyone advise/confirm whether total CPU usage when running sar is %user+%system+%iowait or is it %user+%system only? I want to confirm whether I am having a CPU-bound problem or not. This is a single-CPU VMware machine. $ sar 5 20 Linux 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

8. Linux

System Went panic after CPU usage high

Hi All, Yesterday my Linux server went panic and even a small command took a lot of time to run. When i monitored pl find the below output Cpu(s): 0.1%us, 98.4%sy, 0.0%ni, 1.5%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st the time spent on kernel mode is 98 % and also idle time is around 1.5 %...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies

9. AIX

Wait time shows high CPU usage

Hi, I can't seem to make sense of this. My wait time is showing really high but vmstat's and topas are showing normal usage. ps aux USER PID %CPU %MEM SZ RSS TTY STAT STIME TIME COMMAND root 9961810 5680.7 0.0 448 384 - A Dec 16 6703072:12 wait ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techy1
2 Replies
LAMNODES(1)							     LAM TOOLS							       LAMNODES(1)

NAME
lamnodes - Resolve LAM node/CPU notation to Unix hostnames. SYNOPSIS
lamnodes [-chin] [where] OPTIONS
-c Suppress printing the CPU count for each node. -h Print the command help menu. -i Print IP addresses (instead of IP names) -n Suppress printing CPU count for each node DESCRIPTION
The lamnodes command is used to resolve LAM node/CPU nomenclature to Unix hostnames. It can be used to determine the current running con- figuration of the LAM/MPI run-time environment, and generate a boot schema that can be used to launch LAM in the future. By default, lamnodes will print out the node number, default IP name, CPU count, and per-node flags for each node in the running LAM. gethostbyaddr(3) is used to obtain default hostnames. If gethostbyaddr(3) fails, the IP number is displayed instead. This command can be used by setup shell scripts (and the like) to determine information from a currently-running LAM universe. For exam- ple, use lamnodes to resolve particular CPUs and/or nodes to specific unix hostnames. In a batch environment, lamnodes can be used to determine which CPUs share a common node (note that MPI_GET_PROCESSOR_NAME can be used for a similar effect in an MPI program). lamnodes also shows per-node flags. Currently defined flags are: origin The node where lamboot was executed. this_node The node where lamnodes is running. no_schedule The node will not be used to run MPI and serial processes when N and C are used to mpirun and lamexec. EXAMPLES
lamnodes N -n Display IP names and CPU counts for all nodes. This output can be saved and later used with lamboot(1). lamnodes C -n -c Display the IP name of the nodes containing each CPU, and suppress the LAM node number and CPU count. This output can be saved and later used with lamboot(1). SEE ALSO
bhost(5), gethostbyaddr(3), lamboot(1) LAM 7.1.4 July, 2007 LAMNODES(1)