Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to increase Virtual Disk size Post 302320081 by kishorbhede on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 03:01:35 AM
Old 05-27-2009
How to increase Virtual Disk size

Hello,

I am working AIX VIO server and extended Virtual Disk of one of the Partition with 10GB. After starting partition, i am not able to see increased size of disk.
Can you please help me what I need to do to increase the size of virtual disk from partition?

Thanks

Kishor

-----Post Update-----

FYI:
Virtual Disk which i extended is in rootvg.

-----Post Update-----

FYI:
Virtual Disk which i extended is in rootvg.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

increase size of /tmp

My /tmp is full, and the oracle installation is crashing. How can I increase the size of /tmp, even though I have allocated all the available disk space to other partitions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkappaz
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

increase size

Hi All, one of the mount point in Hp ux server has reached 95% its a data base file and can not be deleted. so i want to know how to increase the size of mount point i am new to unix ,please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoti
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to increase the size of the allotment

Hi all, I have a 130gb HDD of which 95b is taken up by various partitions of windows xp... I partitioned my HDD and gave solaris 10gb of space, but now owing to some development stuff i need to increase the space!!! How do i do it!! Please note that i do have ~20gb of space left still...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to increase process size ???

Hi All, Could anybody tell me how to increase/decrease a process size in UNIX HP machine ? Whether the process size limitation will cause core dump ? Thanks, Rohit.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronix007
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase salt size

Unix protect its password by using salt It that mean larger the salt size the more secure? if the salt size increase greatly, will the password still able to be cracked? thank you for helping (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cryogen
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase size to sd[b-c]

hi guys I am working on my vmware workstation. I have a /dev/sdb which is 5GB. I am using LVM. Now I increase /dev/sdb 2 more GB. fdisk -l shows 7 GB but pvscan still shows 5GB. how do I make my system recognize the new 7GB added and be able to add those to my physical volumen and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kopper
1 Replies

7. Fedora

How to increase/Decrease Local Virtual consoles?

I m tring to figure out the option where i can increase/Decrease the count for local virtual consoles(vtys). I can able to take upto 6 vtys using (left alt+(F1-F6)) But is there any way i can increase the count ? One more query even though i can only take tty upto tty6 why there are tty... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Delete syslog but size disk can't increase

Hi Experts, I have a problem wih /var. Disk /var is full. After i investigate, i found file /var/log/syslog.0 is growing rapidly. The size is 4.3G. I tried to move syslog.0 to another disk and file was moved successfully. My question is why size /var can't increase? used space still 100%. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
7 Replies

9. SCO

Increase disk size on OS side on the fly

Hi, I'm Linux administrator who happens to 'administer' SCO Unix 5.0.7, which is virtual server on VMware - deployed from official ovf image. My problem is that root filesystem is almost out of disk space, and we've decided to do it as we do on every other virtual servers and extend disk on... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldenboy
13 Replies

10. Solaris

Increase disk size of guest domain

Host System: SPARC S7-2 Server; 2x8-core CPUs; 128Gb RAM; 2x600Gb HDD. running Solaris 11.3. Last login: Tue Sep 19 14:42:42 2017 from xxx.xxx.xxx Oracle Corporation SunOS 5.11 11.3 June 2017 $ uname -a SunOS sog01 5.11 11.3 sun4v sparc sun4v $ Original physical systems: Sun... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apmcd47
0 Replies
HFORMAT(1)						      General Commands Manual							HFORMAT(1)

NAME
hformat - create a new HFS filesystem and make it current SYNOPSIS
hformat [-f] [-l label] destination-path [partition-no] DESCRIPTION
hformat is used to write a new HFS filesystem to a volume. A UNIX pathname to the volume's destination must be specified. The destination may be either a block device or a regular file, but it must already exist and be writable. An optional label can be specified to name the volume. The name must be between 1-27 characters and cannot contain a colon (:). By default, the volume will be named Untitled. If the destination medium is partitioned, one partition must be selected to receive the filesystem. If there is only one HFS partition on the medium, it will be selected by default. Otherwise, the desired partition number must be specified (as the ordinal nth HFS partition) on the command-line. The size of the partition determines the size of the resulting volume. Partition number 0 can be specified to format the entire medium as a single filesystem without a partition map, erasing any existing parti- tion information. Since this will destroy all the partitions, the -f option must be specified to force this operation if the medium cur- rently contains a partition map. If the medium is not partitioned (or if partition 0 is specified), the size or capacity of the medium determines the size of the resulting volume. The new volume will be empty and will become "current" so subsequent commands will refer to it. The current working directory for the vol- ume is set to the root of the volume. EXAMPLES
% hformat /dev/fd0 If a floppy disk is available as /dev/fd0, this formats the disk as an HFS volume named Untitled. (N.B. The floppy must already have received a low-level format by other means.) % dd if=/dev/zero of=disk.hfs bs=1k count=800 % hformat -l "Test Disk" disk.hfs This sequence creates an 800K HFS volume image in the file disk.hfs in the current directory, and names it Test Disk. % hformat -l "Loma Prieta" /dev/sd2 1 If a SCSI disk is available as /dev/sd2, this initializes the first HFS partition on the disk (which must already exist) with a new filesystem, naming the resulting volume Loma Prieta. % hformat -f /dev/sd2 0 This causes the medium accessible as /dev/sd2 to be reformatted as a single HFS volume, ignoring and erasing any existing partition information on the medium. The -f option must be specified if the medium is currently partitioned; otherwise the command will fail. NOTES
This command does not create or alter partition maps, although it can erase them (as described above). Any partition number specified on the command line must already exist. The smallest volume size which can be formatted with hformat is 800K. SEE ALSO
hfsutils(1), hmount(1) FILES
$HOME/.hcwd AUTHOR
Robert Leslie <rob@mars.org> HFSUTILS
08-Nov-1997 HFORMAT(1)