Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vmstat question
Operating Systems HP-UX vmstat question Post 302320077 by alert0919 on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 02:46:58 AM
Old 05-27-2009
vmstat question

if I have a two CPU
when I run vmstat command to check cpu usage
it only one row

procs memory page faults cpu
r b w avm free re at pi po fr de sr in sy cs us sy id
1 1 0 82834 120462 0 0 28 0 0 0 0 420 14559 45 0 0 99

but I use top command ,it shows two row
CPU LOAD USER NICE SYS IDLE BLOCK SWAIT INTR SSYS
0 0.01 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 100.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
2 0.00 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 100.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
--- ---- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
avg 0.01 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 100.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%

I would like to know the total cpu usage ,my question is
vmstat it show total cpu usage or only one cpu usage

if it show total cpu usage ,that I want
if not i don't

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vmstat

I have MATLAB INSTALLED IN MY SUN MACHINE >> WHENEVER I USE IT THE CPU USAGE SHOWS ABT 90% Seeing the vmstat shows that system calls and context switch counters reach a very high value . What are these counters ( Man pages do not give much info on that) .... The only thing i can make out that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DPAI
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat

Hi, In the unix command, "vmstat" we get information on Page memory. what does the "mf" - "minor fault" is? Regards, Anent (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anent
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat question

Hello all, I have the folowing question: I have an E450 with Solaris 2.6 running in a cluster environment. The primary node runs Oracle 8.1.5. My problem is: every time the Oracle Database is shutdown, the "w"colum in vmstat command jumps to "30". In man page for vmstat command, the "w" colum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: htsubamoto
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat

When I exeute vmstat (e.g. vmstat 30 2), in some machines I get some wierd result as the first line. like: -117% or 208% for CPU idle percentage. But the second line is alright. Could someone explain this please. Thanks ! Chaadana (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vmstat

Hi, what does mean the free colomne in out put of vmstat ? is it free espace of physical memory or of swap space on hard disk ? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat

Hi I wanted to collect data by using vmstat -I 60 >xxxx.txt & using my own account It was stopped by it self after 2 hours try again same result We want to collect day date by succession how to collect data using vmstat for day Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed_45
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

vmstat

Hi I need to write a script to display VMSTAT every 5 seconds and I just need the memory columns - swap free re and just the numbers and the headers arent required. For example bash-3.00$ vmstat 5| awk '{print $4" "$5" "$6}' disk faults cpu ------ This header isnt required swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilk
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Simple question about vmstat

Hi friends, I have confusion about VMSTAT command. 1. When I execute "vmstat" command without any interval then I got something like following output. vmstat procs memory page disk faults cpu r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr m1 m1 m1... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul_switch
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat Linux question on top and vmstat outputs

RHEL 5.4 Our Linux machine seemed to be running slow. So, I ran the top and vmstat commands. Question1. I can see the process 11517 consuming 100% CPU . But that just means that this process totally utilizes one of the cores in a mult-core CPU. Right ? This machine apparently has two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

10. AIX

Question on r-queue from vmstat out

On our prod system we found sometime runqueue goes back to 0 as below. Whereas on test server even with very very less work the r-queue never dropped to 0. Under what conditions r-queue drops to 0? Does it mean something unusual? EG: kthr memory page faults ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixusrsys
1 Replies
CPUSET(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 CPUSET(3)

NAME
cpuset_create, cpuset_destroy, cpuset_zero, cpuset_set, cpuset_clr, cpuset_isset, cpuset_size -- dynamic CPU sets SYNOPSIS
#include <sched.h> cpuset_t * cpuset_create(void); void cpuset_destroy(cpuset_t *set); void cpuset_zero(cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_set(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_clr(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_isset(cpuid_t cpu, const cpuset_t *set); size_t cpuset_size(const cpuset_t *set); DESCRIPTION
This section describes the functions used to create, set, use and destroy the dynamic CPU sets. This API can be used with the POSIX threads, see pthread(3) and affinity(3). The ID of the primary CPU in the system is 0. FUNCTIONS
cpuset_create() Allocates and initializes a clean CPU-set. Returns the pointer to the CPU-set, or NULL on failure. cpuset_destroy(set) Destroy the CPU-set specified by set. cpuset_zero(set) Makes the CPU-set specified by set clean, that is, memory is initialized to zero bytes, and none of the CPUs set. cpuset_set(cpu, set) Sets the CPU specified by cpu in set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_clr(cpu, set) Clears the CPU specified by cpu in the CPU-set set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_isset(cpu, set) Checks if CPU specified by cpu is set in the CPU-set set. Returns the positive number if set, zero if not set, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_size(set) Returns the size in bytes of CPU-set specified by set. SEE ALSO
affinity(3), pset(3), sched(3), schedctl(8), kcpuset(9) HISTORY
The dynamic CPU sets appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
November 2, 2011 BSD