Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find and replace query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find and replace query Post 302320014 by ghostdog74 on Tuesday 26th of May 2009 11:18:11 PM
Old 05-27-2009
if you have Python
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python
import fileinput
d={ "Server":"0.0.0.0", "ServerPort":"1", "Enable Server":"0" }
for line in fileinput.FileInput("file",inplace=1):
    line=line.strip()
    if not line.startswith("#") and line!="":
        line=line.split("=")        
        print line[0]+"="+d[line[0]]
    else:
        print line

output
Code:
# ./test.py
# more file
### Welcome to server ###
### Server address and port ###

Server=0.0.0.0
### Replace Server=0.0.0.0 ###

ServerPort=1
### Replace ServerPort=1 ####
### Enable Server ##

Enable Server=0

### Replace Enable Server=0 ###
### END OF FILE ##

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find -perm query

I was going through a find tutorial and just couldn't get it...can someone explain it like he/she would explain a brain damaged dodo? "find allows you to specify a pattern that can be bit-wise ANDed with the permissions of the file. Simply put a minus sign before the octal value. The group write... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: napolayan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

query about find and -exec

Hi, i have query about "find" command. Do I need to put the command after -exec in single quotes? Why? For ex. see output of these three find commands. Any explanations? cheers, -Ashish (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find -mtime query

Hello everyone, I have got two queries: 1) I want to do some work on files that were last modified yesterday. Will find ... -mtime -2 be correct or -mtime-1? 2)What about finding files that were modified today? Will it be -mtime -0 or -mtime -1? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajat
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find whether update query is successfull or not using Ksh Script

i have a script that performes an update operation. I just wanted to know whether that update statement is successfull or not. Below the script: #!/bin/ksh . $HOME/conf/systemProperties/EnvSetup.properties sqlplus -silent sie/da@edn.world <<END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tables to query to find users for database from shell script

I am coding shell script. I need to connect to different databases like DB2, Oracle and Sybase. I would then need to query tables where it has all the groups, users for that database. I would also need who has what kind of permissions. EG: I know for DB2 some TABAUTH table needs to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace query

I have a file with 3 columns as below column1 column2 column3 1, corporate,unix, 2300 2, business,unix, 23000 I need to replace "," with "|" as delimiter but the problem is the second column already has comma which is also getting replaced. I need... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find query

when i search for a file using find i want to be able to cd to the directory of the file simple find i'm using is find . -name <filename> the output is the full path to the file, i want to use the output to cd into the directory... I need to add this into a script Any ideas pls (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duckeggs01
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use regexp to find an ipaddress from a query string?

I need help with a regexp to find out the ip address which can possibly be present in a URL. The URLs can be in any of the following form <domain>?a=12345&d=somestring1 <domain>?c=10.10.10.100&d=somestring1 <domain>?a=12345&b=somestring1&c=10.1.2.4d=somestring2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ampak
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file between timestamps Query

On my linux box, I have a file say dump.txt. I then need to move to another seperte folder and need to find only one file with extension *.tar that has the closest timestamp after / next to the timestamp of the dump.txt. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace query by reading the file

Hi Guys, I am having below file which holds data like this file.txt name,id,flag apple,1,Y apple,2,N mango,1,Y mango,2,Y I need to read the above file and frame a query like this hive -s -e "create apple_view as select 1 from main_table;" hive -s -e "create mango_view as select... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
11 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UDP(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Net::Server::Proto::UDP(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UDP - Net::Server UDP protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the SOCK_DGRAM socket type under INET (also known as UDP). See Net::Server::Proto. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. udp_recv_len Specifies the number of bytes to read from the UDP connection handle. Data will be read into $self->{'server'}->{'udp_data'}. Default is 4096. See IO::Socket::INET and recv. udp_recv_flags See recv. Default is 0. udp_broadcast Default is undef. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default ## UDP protocol parameters udp_recv_len d+ 4096 udp_recv_flags d+ 0 udp_broadcast bool undef INTERNAL METHODS
"object" Returns an object with parameters suitable for eventual creation of a IO::Socket::INET object listining on UDP. "connect" Called when actually binding the port. Handles default parameters before calling parent method. LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.18.2 2013-01-09 Net::Server::Proto::UDP(3)