Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting substrings from all files incl subdirs into csv with dir names Post 302319990 by vtischuk@yahoo. on Tuesday 26th of May 2009 07:14:51 PM
Old 05-26-2009
still working on the nawk script....the sys admins are making me use gnuwin32 as they won't give me a solaris logon...Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Special meaning characters in dir names

Hello, I've had a daemon go a little bit mental and create directories using somments from a config file. The end result is I've ended up with directories with names such as #, 5625), (5725 etc etc etc... However, when I try and delete them I get syntax errors, ( not expected, rmdir #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWilliams
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying dir (and sub dir) file names from ftp server to txt file in diff server

Hey all, i want to copy only the file names from an ftp server (directory and all sub directory) to a text file in another server (non ftp), i.e. i want to recursively move through directories and copy only the names to a text file. any help is appreciated...thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deking
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

create dir in main &subdirs,perform action

Hi, I have one dir which has N subdirs.For ex: /home/user/Project_Src /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A/subdir/sub_dir2 /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A/subdir/sub_dir3 /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_B /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_B/Build i want to create a folder with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get dir names.

Hi, i have a directory and sub directory`s inside. i want to take all the files name and add them into array. for example : $ ls Debug script.c src typescript $ Array = Debug Array= scripts.c Array = src Array = typescript. Thanks for the help. Or. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orushw
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files and subdirs from dir to a new dir

Hello Comunity I am trying to make a bash shell script that it copies files and subdirs(with files) to a new dir. I would like the dest_dir to contain only subdirectories with files not other subdirs inside. it called : cpflatdir src_dir dest_dir Pleaze help me! Thank you in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BTKBaaMMM
2 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Command to calculate space for all subdirs under a dir

du -hs command calculates the space for all the subdirs under a dir ...but it is very slow if the dir is huge....is there any quick way ...I am using Sun OS. Thanks, Ajay (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files older that 7 days in a dir, excluding all subdirs

Hi, I would like to list all files, older than 7 days, in a directory, but exclude all subdirectories in the find command. If I use find . -type f -mtime +7 all files in the subdirs are also included. How can I exclude them? Regards, JW (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwbijl
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming File Names in a folder/Dir

Hi Team, I'm new to Unix shell scripting . I've the following requirement A folder contains the list of files with the following format ab.name.11.first ab.name.12.second ab.name.13.third ---------- I have to rename the above file to like below ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse csv files by their names

HI all I have multiple csv files with the names VAR1_VAR2_VAR3_VAR4.csv All the files have the same structure inside just values change. I am trying to retrieve data from those files by fixing at each time one or more VAR. I tried to write a script but I have 2 problems: 2-... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jhon.c
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieving names of files in a dir without overlapping

Hi, I have been trying to retrieve the names of files present in a directory one by one but the names of files are getting overlapped on one another. I tried the below command. ls -1 > filename please help me in getting the file names line by line without overlapping. I am using korn... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
6 Replies
OIDUA(1)						      General Commands Manual							  OIDUA(1)

NAME
oidua - audio file metadata lister SYNOPSIS
oidua [options] directory [...] DESCRIPTION
lists meta data of audio files. What information and how it is presented is customizable. It is possible to format output in csv, html, xml or for human beings. OPTIONS
-B, --bg COLOR Set HTML background color -D, --date Display datestamp header --debug Output debug trace to stderr -e, --exclude DIRECTORY Exclude directory from search -f, --file FILE write output to file -h, --help Display help message -H, --html HTML output --ignore-bad Don't list files that cause Audiotype failure -i, --ignore-case Case-insensitive directory sorting -I, --indent N Set indent to N -m, --merge Merge identical directories Basedirs with identical names are merged. This Means that all their subdirs are considered being subdirs of a single directory, and therefore sorted and displayed together. If there are duplicate names among the subdirs then those are also merged. -o, --output STRING Set output format to STRING Anything enclosed by brackets is considered a field. A field must have the following syntax: [TAG] [TAG,WIDTH] [TAG,WIDTH,SUFFIX] [TAG,SUFFIX] TAG is any of the following characters: a list of bitrates in Audiolist compatible format b bitrate with suffix (i.e. 192k) B bitrate in bps d depth; distance from respective basedir f number of audio files (including spacers) l length in minutes and seconds L length in seconds m time of last change M time of last change in seconds since the epoch n directory name (indented) N directory name p profile P full path q quality s size with suffix (i.e. 65.4M) S size in bytes t file type T bitrate type: ~ mixed files C constant bitrate L lossless compression V variable bitrate WIDTH defines the exact width of the field. The output is cropped to this width if needed. Negative values will give left aligned output. Cropping is always done on the right. SUFFIX lets you specify a unit to be concatenated to all non-empty data. Other interpreted sequences are: [ [ ] ] new line tab character Unescaped brackets are forbidden unless they define a field. Note: If you have any whitespace in your output string you must put it inside quotes or otherwise it will not get parsed right. -q, --quiet Omit progress indication -s, --strip Strip output of field headers and empty directories -S, --stats Display statistics results -t, --time Display elapsed time footer -T, --text COLOR Set HTML text color -V, --version Display version -w, --wildcards Expand wildcards in basedirs REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to Sylvester Johansson <sylvestor@telia.com> SEE ALSO
http://oidua.suxbad.com/ AUTHOR
oidua was written by Sylvester Johansson and Mattias Paeivaerinta This manual page was written by Erik Wenzel <erik@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). May 15, 2007 OIDUA(1)