Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find and replace query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find and replace query Post 302319912 by BubbaJoe on Tuesday 26th of May 2009 12:54:13 PM
Old 05-26-2009
Your IFS is set wrong. THe IFS="" says there is no separator so the whole file is read. You can only use IFS is there is actually a seperator between each field. So cat $FILE will not give you line by line it will give you the while file as a field at once. Hence only matching 1 time. Since you really want look at each line as a record you should use awk or sed to find and replace the text.

So this will work for you which was posted by devtakh which says search the whole file and replace the matching pattern with the given pattern for each instance you want to change. It will find each one separately and change the file the way you want.

sed '/Server=127.0.0.1/{s//Server=0.0.0.0/g}
/ServerPort=0/{s//ServerPort=1/g}
/Enable Server=1/{s//Enable Server=0/g}
' /opt/server.conf > /opt/new_server.conf

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find -perm query

I was going through a find tutorial and just couldn't get it...can someone explain it like he/she would explain a brain damaged dodo? "find allows you to specify a pattern that can be bit-wise ANDed with the permissions of the file. Simply put a minus sign before the octal value. The group write... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: napolayan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

query about find and -exec

Hi, i have query about "find" command. Do I need to put the command after -exec in single quotes? Why? For ex. see output of these three find commands. Any explanations? cheers, -Ashish (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find -mtime query

Hello everyone, I have got two queries: 1) I want to do some work on files that were last modified yesterday. Will find ... -mtime -2 be correct or -mtime-1? 2)What about finding files that were modified today? Will it be -mtime -0 or -mtime -1? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajat
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find whether update query is successfull or not using Ksh Script

i have a script that performes an update operation. I just wanted to know whether that update statement is successfull or not. Below the script: #!/bin/ksh . $HOME/conf/systemProperties/EnvSetup.properties sqlplus -silent sie/da@edn.world <<END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tables to query to find users for database from shell script

I am coding shell script. I need to connect to different databases like DB2, Oracle and Sybase. I would then need to query tables where it has all the groups, users for that database. I would also need who has what kind of permissions. EG: I know for DB2 some TABAUTH table needs to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace query

I have a file with 3 columns as below column1 column2 column3 1, corporate,unix, 2300 2, business,unix, 23000 I need to replace "," with "|" as delimiter but the problem is the second column already has comma which is also getting replaced. I need... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find query

when i search for a file using find i want to be able to cd to the directory of the file simple find i'm using is find . -name <filename> the output is the full path to the file, i want to use the output to cd into the directory... I need to add this into a script Any ideas pls (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duckeggs01
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use regexp to find an ipaddress from a query string?

I need help with a regexp to find out the ip address which can possibly be present in a URL. The URLs can be in any of the following form <domain>?a=12345&d=somestring1 <domain>?c=10.10.10.100&d=somestring1 <domain>?a=12345&b=somestring1&c=10.1.2.4d=somestring2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ampak
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file between timestamps Query

On my linux box, I have a file say dump.txt. I then need to move to another seperte folder and need to find only one file with extension *.tar that has the closest timestamp after / next to the timestamp of the dump.txt. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace query by reading the file

Hi Guys, I am having below file which holds data like this file.txt name,id,flag apple,1,Y apple,2,N mango,1,Y mango,2,Y I need to read the above file and frame a query like this hive -s -e "create apple_view as select 1 from main_table;" hive -s -e "create mango_view as select... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
11 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UDP(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Net::Server::Proto::UDP(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UDP - Net::Server UDP protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the SOCK_DGRAM socket type under INET (also known as UDP). See Net::Server::Proto. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. udp_recv_len Specifies the number of bytes to read from the UDP connection handle. Data will be read into $self->{'server'}->{'udp_data'}. Default is 4096. See IO::Socket::INET and recv. udp_recv_flags See recv. Default is 0. udp_broadcast Default is undef. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default ## UDP protocol parameters udp_recv_len d+ 4096 udp_recv_flags d+ 0 udp_broadcast bool undef INTERNAL METHODS
"object" Returns an object with parameters suitable for eventual creation of a IO::Socket::INET object listining on UDP. "connect" Called when actually binding the port. Handles default parameters before calling parent method. LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.18.2 2013-01-09 Net::Server::Proto::UDP(3)