Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find and replace query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find and replace query Post 302319907 by lightdensity on Tuesday 26th of May 2009 12:46:22 PM
Old 05-26-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by devtakh
Code:
sed '/Server=127.0.0.1/{s//Server=0.0.0.0/g}
/ServerPort=0/{s//ServerPort=1/g}
/Enable Server=1/{s//Enable Server=0/g}
' /opt/server.conf > /opt/new_server.conf

-Devaraj Takhellambam
thanks for your response..Actually i am new to shell scripting
Code:
FILE="/opt/server.conf"
NEW_FILE="/opt/new_server.conf"

IFS=""
        for line in `cat ${FILE}`; do
        #echo ${line}
        if [ -n "`echo ${line} | grep 'Server=127.0.0.1'`" ]  #grep command searches for right string
        then
                 echo ${line} | sed 's|Server=127.0.0.1|Server=0.0.0.0|g' >>$NEW_FILE
        elif [ -n "`echo ${line} | grep 'ServerPort=0'`" ]
        then
                echo ${line} | sed 's|ServerPort=0|ServerPort=1|g' >>$NEW_FILE
        elif [ -n "`echo ${line} | grep 'Enable Server=1'`" ]
        then
                echo ${line} | sed 's|Enable Server=1|Enable Server=0|g' >>$NEW_FILE
        else
                echo ${line} >>$NEW_FILE
        fi
        done

So, how to find out which for the right string??

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find -perm query

I was going through a find tutorial and just couldn't get it...can someone explain it like he/she would explain a brain damaged dodo? "find allows you to specify a pattern that can be bit-wise ANDed with the permissions of the file. Simply put a minus sign before the octal value. The group write... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: napolayan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

query about find and -exec

Hi, i have query about "find" command. Do I need to put the command after -exec in single quotes? Why? For ex. see output of these three find commands. Any explanations? cheers, -Ashish (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find -mtime query

Hello everyone, I have got two queries: 1) I want to do some work on files that were last modified yesterday. Will find ... -mtime -2 be correct or -mtime-1? 2)What about finding files that were modified today? Will it be -mtime -0 or -mtime -1? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajat
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find whether update query is successfull or not using Ksh Script

i have a script that performes an update operation. I just wanted to know whether that update statement is successfull or not. Below the script: #!/bin/ksh . $HOME/conf/systemProperties/EnvSetup.properties sqlplus -silent sie/da@edn.world <<END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tables to query to find users for database from shell script

I am coding shell script. I need to connect to different databases like DB2, Oracle and Sybase. I would then need to query tables where it has all the groups, users for that database. I would also need who has what kind of permissions. EG: I know for DB2 some TABAUTH table needs to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace query

I have a file with 3 columns as below column1 column2 column3 1, corporate,unix, 2300 2, business,unix, 23000 I need to replace "," with "|" as delimiter but the problem is the second column already has comma which is also getting replaced. I need... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find query

when i search for a file using find i want to be able to cd to the directory of the file simple find i'm using is find . -name <filename> the output is the full path to the file, i want to use the output to cd into the directory... I need to add this into a script Any ideas pls (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duckeggs01
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use regexp to find an ipaddress from a query string?

I need help with a regexp to find out the ip address which can possibly be present in a URL. The URLs can be in any of the following form <domain>?a=12345&d=somestring1 <domain>?c=10.10.10.100&d=somestring1 <domain>?a=12345&b=somestring1&c=10.1.2.4d=somestring2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ampak
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file between timestamps Query

On my linux box, I have a file say dump.txt. I then need to move to another seperte folder and need to find only one file with extension *.tar that has the closest timestamp after / next to the timestamp of the dump.txt. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace query by reading the file

Hi Guys, I am having below file which holds data like this file.txt name,id,flag apple,1,Y apple,2,N mango,1,Y mango,2,Y I need to read the above file and frame a query like this hive -s -e "create apple_view as select 1 from main_table;" hive -s -e "create mango_view as select... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
11 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX - Net::Server UNIX protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the UNIX SOCK_STREAM socket type. See Net::Server::Proto. Any sockets created during startup will be chown'ed to the user and group specified in the starup arguments. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. unix_type Can be either SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM (default is SOCK_STREAM). This can also be passed on the port line (see Net::Server::Proto). However, this method is deprecated. If you want SOCK_STREAM - just use proto UNIX without any other arguments. If you'd like SOCK_DGRAM, use the new proto UNIXDGRAM. METHODS
NS_unix_path/NS_unix_type In addition to the standard NS_ methods of Net::Server::Proto classes, the UNIX types also have legacy calls to NS_unix_path and NS_unix_type. Since version 2.000, NS_unix_path is simply an alias to NS_port. NS_unix_type is now redundant with NS_proto. These methods were missing between version 2.000 and 2.003 but have been returned as legacy bridges. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default # deprecated UNIX socket parameters unix_type (SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_DGRAM) SOCK_STREAM port "filename" undef # more recent usage port "filename / UNIX" port "filename / UNIXDGRAM" LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.16.2 2012-06-06 Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)