Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Make python script ignore .htaccess Post 302319316 by medic on Monday 25th of May 2009 03:53:41 AM
Old 05-25-2009
Thanks for the fast reply.

As always you found the problem, it was:

Code:
                        if files.startswith("."):
                            #break <<<----------- you are breaking out of the second for loop. which is not what you want. You use "continue" here. 
                            continue

The break was my logical mistake, I was searching all the time.

With the following piece of code, I just opened the scanner files at the beginning and killed the old logs in it or even if the file got lost it is created.

Code:
datei=open(outfile,"w")
datei.close()
dateilog=open(logfile,"w")
dateilog.close()

Thanks for the hint with the next lines, I just started with python and added line by line not thinking of being able to combine them. Smilie

Code:
if os.path.isdir(os.path.join(root, allfiles)):    <<-------- if os.path.isdir(os.path.join(root, allfiles)) and "id" in allfiles
    if "id" in allfiles:

The next line I used because at one test I had an error, because I just copied a folder into public_html, that was a link to the mail folder. So added that code to check if the file is really a file and not a folder or link. Is there also a logical mistake?

Code:
if os.path.isfile(os.path.join(r,files)):

Thanks again for that fast help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a current running process ignore SIGHUP signal?

I ask this question since sometimes i run a time-consuming ftp in foreground and forget to use nohup ftp.sh & to put this work background and can still running after i log off. Assume this ftp task have run 1 hour, and still 1 hour time to end, i don't want to abort the ftp, first, i use ctrl+Z... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensxiao
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make sed ignore lines

Hi I use sed in a script for severall changes in files. I whish one of the substitutions I made to be aplied to every line that has the word "scripts" with the exception for the ones that start with "rsh", wich I wish sed to ignore . Is this possible? If yes, how can I do it? The substitution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scarlos
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto locate locally installed Perl module for a CGI script in APACHE .htaccess

Hi, I have the following simple CGI script, just containg header: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI ':standard'; use lib "/home/myname/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/"; use Mail::Sendmail; I also have included this directive in ~/public_html/.htaccess : SetEnv PERL5LIB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore diriectories within a script

Hi there, I have a small issue with a script that I am running. I need it to ignore certain dir when copying over files. Ie the code is pointing towards the dir etest but I need to ignore the dirs INLINE and ENG which is contained within this...could anyone give me a pointer on how to do this? I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to ignore errors in script

I have a simple script that processes files. Here's a simplified example of what I'm doing: foreach t (web.*) mv $t dnw$t:e.log end foreach t (card.*) mv $t card$t:e.log end The problem is that sometimes there is no web.* file. In that case, I get an error "foreach: No match" and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: software5723
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all .htaccess files and make a backup copy in respective directories

Hey guys, I need to know how to locate all .htaccess files on the server and make a backup of them in the folder they reside before I run a script to modify all of them. So basically taking dir1/.htaccess and copying it as dir1/.htaccess_bk dir2/.htaccess copying as dir2/.htaccess_bk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boxx
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore lines in Shell Script

Hi, I have a shell script, which reads a *.txt file - line by line. In this text file, I have some lines beginning with "#" that I want to ignore : MY_FILE #blah blah blah 1 blah blah blah 2 blah blah blah 3 #blah blah blah 4 I want my script to read only the following lines... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python: make dual vector dot-product more pythonic

I have this dot product, calculating weighted means, and is applied to two columns in a list: # calculate weighted values in sequence for i in range(len(temperatures)-len(weights)): temperatures.append(sum(*temperatures for j in range(len(weights))])) temperatures.append(sum(*temperatures... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: figaro
1 Replies
DH_PYTHON(1)							     Debhelper							      DH_PYTHON(1)

NAME
dh_python - calculates Python dependencies and adds postinst and prerm Python scripts (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_python [debhelperoptions] [-n] [-V version] [moduledirs...] DESCRIPTION
Note: This program is deprecated. You should use dh_pysupport or dh_pycentral instead. This program will do nothing if debian/pycompat or a Python-Version control file field exists. dh_python is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the ${python:Depends} substitutions and adding them to substvars files. It will also add a postinst and a prerm script if required. The program will look at Python scripts and modules in your package, and will use this information to generate a dependency on python, with the current major version, or on pythonX.Y if your scripts or modules need a specific python version. The dependency will be substituted into your package's control file wherever you place the token ${python:Depends}. If some modules need to be byte-compiled at install time, appropriate postinst and prerm scripts will be generated. If already byte- compiled modules are found, they are removed. If you use this program, your package should build-depend on python. OPTIONS
module dirs If your package installs Python modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_python check those directories by passing their names on the command line. By default, it will check /usr/lib/site-python, /usr/lib/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/$PACKAGE, /usr/lib/games/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/games/$PACKAGE and /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages. Note: only /usr/lib/site-python, /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages and the extra names on the command line are searched for binary (.so) modules. -V version If the .py files your package ships are meant to be used by a specific pythonX.Y version, you can use this option to specify the desired version, such as 2.3. Do not use if you ship modules in /usr/lib/site-python. -n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.5.7 Python policy, version 0.3.7 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> most ideas stolen from Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_PYTHON(1)