Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development override rw-r--r-- root/staff for .htaccess? Post 302319314 by robsonde on Monday 25th of May 2009 03:47:18 AM
Old 05-25-2009
your not root so you cant delete the file.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root cron was override w/ 3rd party software

Hi Guys, I'm new in Unix Environment. Any Unix Guru around...I need help. My question is, is it possible that the root cron could be override with 3rd party software?How can it happen. Another thing, how the cron job works?, I mean how the Unix process the cron job , I don't have an idea... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kupal
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you override root shell?

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the logic of my user shell and root shell :confused: This might be best illustrated with an example. If I log into the linux host I'm using and run the following: -bash-3.2$ which python /usr/local/bin/python I now run sudo bash to become root and run the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cuchulainn
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to become Forum Advisor / Staff?

Hi, Just curious to know how does one become a Forum Advisor or Forum Staff or Admin in unix.com? regards, Ahamed (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
4 Replies
delete directory(1m)													      delete directory(1m)

NAME
delete directory - Deletes a directory SYNOPSIS
cdscp delete directory directory-name ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory. DESCRIPTION
The delete directory command deletes a directory. The directory cannot contain any object entries, soft links, or child pointers. The master replica must be the only remaining replica in the cell. Use the delete replica command if you need to remove read-only replicas. Privilege Required You must have delete permission to the directory and write permission to the clearinghouse that stores the master replica of the directory. The server principal needs administer permission to the parent directory or delete permission to the child pointer that points to the directory you intend to delete. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command deletes the directory /.:/eng from the namespace: cdscp> delete directory /.:/eng RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create directory(1m), delete replica(1m), list directory(1m), set directory(1m), set directory to skulk(1m), show directory(1m) delete directory(1m)