Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compiling UNIX software packages Question Post 302319184 by Neo on Sunday 24th of May 2009 01:33:31 PM
Old 05-24-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jae99
I have no idea. I am using windows vista with cygwin. How would I find out?
You can go to the Cygwin web site and see what C compilers they support, if any.

Please post back with your answer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling software

I am new to unix so please forgive ignorance. I am running openbsd-2.9 and need some help. All the software I run was added via the package system openbsd has. There have been times when I need an app. But it was not in the openbsd ports and or packages system. I usually just wait for it to show up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling Software

I have a problem, my mate built me a little home server using Unix and after he set everything up he deleted the main compiler so i wouldnt be able to Install/Compile any software... And now i wanted to Install a compiler and i have to compile it... thats like installing winzip from a zip... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: l22
3 Replies

3. Solaris

question about JAVA compiling ..

Hi , I don't know if this is the right place to post my question because it relates to JAVA . I am beginner of JAVA , using a tutorial as reference I am trying to run a simple program in JAVA env. I have installed JDSK kit from java.sun.com but when I tried to run a program from the DOS prompt , I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANAMIKA56
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question? unix software

whats the difference between unix & linux? code? can anyone recommend a company that release unix software that operates with windows 98 & XP for rookies? please list a link... thanks for your time (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Matthews
1 Replies

5. Programming

Question about compiling (noob)

I'm just getting started to lean C and I'm using Ubuntu today I found a tutorial at this site: http://einstein.drexel.edu/courses/CompPhys/General/C_basics/c_tutorial.html and I got an error after compiling the fist code: #include < stdio.h> void main() { printf("\nHello World\n"); } ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arya6000
9 Replies

6. Solaris

how to find the software packages and root directories

Hi all, i have one requirement to audit the software packages list in unix server. For this the i go through #pkginfo command.But there are lot of packages. i get confused how to find the software packages and root directories paths. Please let me know whether i am going correct way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about excutable software in Unix

I am using SCO OpenServer 5.0 now, and have the old software as database (similar with MySQL) to store all data. I want to know that how can I read those data in the file. For example, I have file named OE.USECD, which is data file when I use the software to store my data to database. it's not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendyz
5 Replies

8. Solaris

best way to identify non packages software

what is the best way to identify non-packaged software installed on solaris systems? also after identifying the software is there a way to add some sort of package entry that will display the software even though it is not a package? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BronzeBack
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating software packages

Hi, I noticed that my programs are not up-to-date, when I go to the official web site of eg. transmission bittorent client I see the newest version is 2.4 and when I check my version , it's 2.0. What do I need to do to update it? I thought it's gonna be updated automatically but nothing. I ran... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zdorian
2 Replies

10. UNIX Benchmarks

error compiling bm software under Solaris 10

anyone tried it , under Solaris 10 using make (part of SUNWsprot) and gcc 4.6 compiler.. got an error complaining about the Makefile script syntax... I don't think that's compatible at all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)