Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compiling UNIX software packages Question Post 302319182 by jae99 on Sunday 24th of May 2009 01:21:43 PM
Old 05-24-2009
I have no idea. I am using windows vista with cygwin. How would I find out?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling software

I am new to unix so please forgive ignorance. I am running openbsd-2.9 and need some help. All the software I run was added via the package system openbsd has. There have been times when I need an app. But it was not in the openbsd ports and or packages system. I usually just wait for it to show up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling Software

I have a problem, my mate built me a little home server using Unix and after he set everything up he deleted the main compiler so i wouldnt be able to Install/Compile any software... And now i wanted to Install a compiler and i have to compile it... thats like installing winzip from a zip... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: l22
3 Replies

3. Solaris

question about JAVA compiling ..

Hi , I don't know if this is the right place to post my question because it relates to JAVA . I am beginner of JAVA , using a tutorial as reference I am trying to run a simple program in JAVA env. I have installed JDSK kit from java.sun.com but when I tried to run a program from the DOS prompt , I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANAMIKA56
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question? unix software

whats the difference between unix & linux? code? can anyone recommend a company that release unix software that operates with windows 98 & XP for rookies? please list a link... thanks for your time (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Matthews
1 Replies

5. Programming

Question about compiling (noob)

I'm just getting started to lean C and I'm using Ubuntu today I found a tutorial at this site: http://einstein.drexel.edu/courses/CompPhys/General/C_basics/c_tutorial.html and I got an error after compiling the fist code: #include < stdio.h> void main() { printf("\nHello World\n"); } ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arya6000
9 Replies

6. Solaris

how to find the software packages and root directories

Hi all, i have one requirement to audit the software packages list in unix server. For this the i go through #pkginfo command.But there are lot of packages. i get confused how to find the software packages and root directories paths. Please let me know whether i am going correct way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about excutable software in Unix

I am using SCO OpenServer 5.0 now, and have the old software as database (similar with MySQL) to store all data. I want to know that how can I read those data in the file. For example, I have file named OE.USECD, which is data file when I use the software to store my data to database. it's not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendyz
5 Replies

8. Solaris

best way to identify non packages software

what is the best way to identify non-packaged software installed on solaris systems? also after identifying the software is there a way to add some sort of package entry that will display the software even though it is not a package? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BronzeBack
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating software packages

Hi, I noticed that my programs are not up-to-date, when I go to the official web site of eg. transmission bittorent client I see the newest version is 2.4 and when I check my version , it's 2.0. What do I need to do to update it? I thought it's gonna be updated automatically but nothing. I ran... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zdorian
2 Replies

10. UNIX Benchmarks

error compiling bm software under Solaris 10

anyone tried it , under Solaris 10 using make (part of SUNWsprot) and gcc 4.6 compiler.. got an error complaining about the Makefile script syntax... I don't think that's compatible at all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies
COMPILE_LINK(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  COMPILE_LINK(1p)

NAME
compile_link -- compile and copy Interchange link CGI VERSION
1.0 SYNOPSIS
compile_link [-p NNNN] [-s sfile] [-h host] [-w N] \ [--perl] [-nf] [-o outputfile] [-b dir] [-s dir] DESCRIPTION
The "compile_link" program configures (including compilation if necessary) a link CGI for talking to the Interchange server daemon. If the --perl option is given, it will not compile but instead use the tlink.pl program, setting its variables as needed. Designed to be used in conjunction with Interchange's makecat. OPTIONS
-b dir, --build=dir Sets the directory where the build files will be made. Default is "src" in the Interchange software directory. -h hostname, --host=hostname Sets the host address or host name that should be compiled into the TCP-based link program. This sets the default, which still can be overridden by "MINIVEND_HOST" in the environment of the executing process. -p NNNN, --port=NNNN Sets the port number that should be compiled into the TCP-based link program. This sets the default, which still can be overridden by "MINIVEND_PORT" in the environment of the executing process. The port must be higher than 1024. -s sfile, --socket=sfile The name of the UNIX-domain socket file which should be compiled into the UNIX-domain link program. This sets the default, which still can be overridden by "MINIVEND_SOCKET" in the environment of the executing process. --source=dir Sets the directory containing the source files. Default is "src" in the Interchange software directory. -w N, --timeout=N The number of seconds the link program should wait for a connection before sending its timeout page. SEE ALSO
makecat(1), http://www.icdevgroup.org/ AUTHOR
Mike Heins perl v5.14.2 2012-01-23 COMPILE_LINK(1p)