Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DSL Cfdisk error
Operating Systems Linux DSL Cfdisk error Post 302319139 by SNAk55 on Sunday 24th of May 2009 08:06:52 AM
Old 05-24-2009
Error DSL Cfdisk error

I'm trying to instal dsl to hd ,but cfdisk comand returns an error.
dmesg | grep hda returns :
Optarac DVD RW AD-7530B, ATAPI CD/DVD-rom drive
attached ide-scsi driver
So i figure that is the problem.Right?
What should i do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

really really really new to unix...need help setting up dsl

I just installed solaris 8 on my comp....NIC was recognized at startup so it's allrite... for hostname I so far put hostname and for the IP I put in the 192.168.0.XX can anyone instruct me step by step on what I should change and how about would I go seeting up the dsl connection ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: czoka
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dsl out

i have 5 computers on a network behind a firewall, once in a while my DSL service will get knocked out and will come back in like 20 minutes or so, but during those 20 minutes, i will be able to view my website, but i will not be able to retrieve my mail, nor will be able to ftp or telnet into my... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DSL Router

How do I configure my Solaris system to connect to internet thro Linksys DSL Router? Thanks in adavnce. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenk
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting DSL to Work On Redhat.

I have recently had dsl installed, and am wanting to install it on linux, but dont know how because i have to enter a user name and passwd. its on ppp0e, and i had to use the ISP's software to install it and get it working on windows. Linux will be a real challenge, if any of you all have any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: er0k
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script DSL

Hi, I'm using Damn Small Linux 2.3, could you tell me which script starts up the browser when fluxbox loads? Thanks C19 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

adding language to dsl

Hi can any one point me to a procdure to add lang to dsl os (Damn Small Linux ) TU :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lione.heart
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

add language in dsl

Hi can any one point me to a procdure to add lang to dsl os (Damn Small Linux ) TU :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lione.heart
2 Replies

8. Linux

cfdisk in DSl

ive been playing around in dsl (damn small linux) live for some time and i love the simplicity of it. but when i go into cfdisk to partition my hard drive, it says like "Fatal Error:Does not have permission" i am trying out Xandros desktop os 2.0 right now on my laptop. Can some one help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DSL Cfdsik error

I'm trying to instal dsl to hd ,but cfdisk comand returns an error. dmesg | grep hda returns : Optarac DVD RW AD-7530B, ATAPI CD/DVD-rom drive attached ide-scsi driver So i figure that is the problem.Right? What should i do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SNAk55
1 Replies

10. SCO

DSL on SCO OpenServer 5.0.7

I have a dual boot computer with Windows 7 Pro 64 on one drive and SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 on another drive. The DSL modem works perfectly on the Windows side; I can input the gateway and DNS address 192.168.1.1 in Windows network configuration. On the UNIX side, I created the /etc/resolv.conf... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
8 Replies
CD(9)							   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						     CD(9)

NAME
cd -- CDROM driver for the CAM SCSI subsystem DESCRIPTION
The cd device driver provides a read only interface for CDROM drives (SCSI type 5) and WORM drives (SCSI type 4) that support CDROM type com- mands. Some drives do not behave as the driver expects. See the QUIRKS section for information on possible flags. QUIRKS
Each CD-ROM device can have different interpretations of the SCSI spec. This can lead to drives requiring special handling in the driver. The following is a list of quirks that the driver recognize. CD_Q_NO_TOUCH This flag tells the driver not to probe the drive at attach time to see if there is a disk in the drive and find out what size it is. This flag is currently unimplemented in the CAM cd driver. CD_Q_BCD_TRACKS This flag is for broken drives that return the track numbers in packed BCD instead of straight decimal. If the drive seems to skip tracks (tracks 10-15 are skipped) then you have a drive that is in need of this flag. CD_Q_NO_CHANGER This flag tells the driver that the device in question is not a changer. This is only necessary for a CDROM device with multiple luns that are not a part of a changer. CD_Q_CHANGER This flag tells the driver that the given device is a multi-lun changer. In general, the driver will figure this out auto- matically when it sees a LUN greater than 0. Setting this flag only has the effect of telling the driver to run the initial read capacity command for LUN 0 of the changer through the changer scheduling code. CD_Q_10_BYTE_ONLY This flag tells the driver that the given device only accepts 10 byte MODE SENSE/MODE SELECT commands. In general these types of quirks should not be added to the cd(4) driver. The reason is that the driver does several things to attempt to determine whether the drive in question needs 10 byte commands. First, it issues a CAM Path Inquiry command to determine whether the protocol that the drive speaks typically only allows 10 byte commands. (ATAPI and USB are two prominent exam- ples of protocols where you generally only want to send 10 byte commands.) Then, if it gets an ILLEGAL REQUEST error back from a 6 byte MODE SENSE or MODE SELECT command, it attempts to send the 10 byte version of the command instead. The only reason you would need a quirk is if your drive uses a protocol (e.g., SCSI) that typically does not have a problem with 6 byte commands. FILES
/sys/cam/scsi/scsi_cd.c is the driver source file. SEE ALSO
cd(4), scsi(4) HISTORY
The cd manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 2.2. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by John-Mark Gurney <jmg@FreeBSD.org>. It was updated for CAM and FreeBSD 3.0 by Kenneth Merry <ken@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
March 25, 2014 BSD