Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development access to my server is always allowed Post 302318884 by Neo on Friday 22nd of May 2009 02:57:12 PM
Old 05-22-2009
Did you restart apache after each configuration change?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't access files on own server

This is very baffling. I have a web server directory, http://domainName/myDir. The directory's permissions are 744, so I have full permisions, and other people can read the directory. I created a subdirectory in that directory: domainName/myDir/subDir. I set the permisions of that to 744 also.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Djaunl
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is it possible to access from a server the database of another server.

Hi, I am using Teamcenter & in unix have ftpd the IMAN_DATA(unix) of the other server to this server & set all the environment variables(like ORACLE_HOME, IMAN_DATA) correctly.I have created a link that points to this path where i had ftpd the IMAN_DATA(unix).In IMAN_DATA which i had ftpd all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: debu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

restricting access to a server

We want to secure access to a server by restricting the number of users who can login to it. Our users are NIS users. Only few of them can telnet/ssh this server. Do you have any idea on how to implement that? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a script runned in local server access remote server?

Hi, Im creating a script that is supposed to run commands on remote server using sftp. My script is as below: #!/bin/ksh sftp remote_server mypassword cd /u08/mydir/allfiles mget * .. But this is what I got when I runned the script: Connecting to remote server...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access value from different server

Hi my problem goes like dis i have two linux pc i have configure in /etc/hosts file 192.168.50.1 avinash 192.168.50.2 pradeep .......... in pc1 so that echo $avinash and echo $pradeep will display the ip specified above but my actual problem being in pc2 i know the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avi.skynet
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

I can't get access by physical name to server

Hi all I have connected new server to LAN but when I use rlogin command by server name it dose not work but by IP adderss it works. can any one tell the reason? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) repository from Unix Server

Hello, Some of our application team uses Microsoft Team Foundation server (TFS) reposity tool for their .NET projects , I would like to access it form Unix/Linux machine. Please let me know how can access the TFS from unix. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi server access through remote server using ssh

Team, Presently I have 5 ip address kept in ip_abc1 file, for each of the ip address listed, i need to login on each ipaddress one at a time and login as below for that specific ip address ssh -p 8101 karaf@<ip.address_for the specific ip address as logged in> password features:list... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
4 Replies

9. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
UPSSET.CONF(5)						      Network UPS Tools (NUT)						    UPSSET.CONF(5)

NAME
upsset.conf - Configuration for Network UPS Tools upsset.cgi DESCRIPTION
This file only does one job - it lets you convince upsset.cgi(8) that your system's CGI directory is secure. The program will not run until this file has been properly defined. SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
upsset.cgi(8) allows you to try login name and password combinations. There is no rate limiting, as the program shuts down between every request. Such is the nature of CGI programs. Normally, attackers would not be able to access your upsd(8) server directly as it would be protected by the ACCESS/ACL directives in your upsd.conf(5) file and hopefully local firewall settings in your OS. Since upsset runs on your web server, it could provide a passage from the outside to the inside, bypassing any firewall rules or upsd access control limitations, since it appears to be coming from the web server. This is why you must secure it first. On Apache, you can use the .htaccess file or put the directives in your httpd.conf. It looks something like this, assuming the .htaccess method: <Files upsset.cgi> deny from all allow from your.network.addresses </Files> You will probably have to set "AllowOverride Limit" for this directory in your server-level configuration file as well. If this doesn't make sense, then stop reading and leave this program alone. It's not something you absolutely need to have anyway. Assuming you have all this done, and it actually works (test it!), then you may add the following directive to this file: I_HAVE_SECURED_MY_CGI_DIRECTORY If you lie to the program and someone beats on your upsd through your web server, don't blame me. SEE ALSO
upsset.cgi(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.exploits.org/nut/ NUT mailing list archives and information: http://lists.exploits.org/ Tue Jul 30 2002 UPSSET.CONF(5)