Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris x86 Sun Machine and Solaris Soft Mirror Post 302318878 by System Shock on Friday 22nd of May 2009 02:23:10 PM
Old 05-22-2009
Look into ZFS.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem after Install SUN solaris x86

after install solaris x86 on my computer success, but it can't boot. When the machine start, and i choose option 1 - default, it shows "W" on screen and system restart . Anyone can help me. My computer : dual core - 1gb ram - x86 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive?

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive? Is there a way to boot from a flash stick or install it through a network? Any help will be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to create mirror disk in solaris machine?

hi, I'm newbie in Solaris 10. can someone explain me the steps of how to create mirror disk in Solaris machine. thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wong_Cilacap
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Volume Manager: Break Mirror and use to make a 2nd machine

Hello: I have a machine built on 2 drives and mirrors have been created to a second set of 2 drives (4 total) on the same platform. SVM. Might anyone provide guidance to create a second machine by breaking the mirrored set, moving the two mirrors (2) to another machine (same platform type),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 4dailyrunner
1 Replies

5. Solaris

is there an veritas volume manager version compatible with solaris x86 machine?

i heard some where veritas volume manager wont work on solaris x86. i have installed vmware into my 32bit xp machine. i am planning to learn veritas.. is there an veritas volume manager version compatible with solaris x86 machine? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Create a boot disk mirror on Solaris 10 x86

I’m setting up a boot disk mirror on Solaris 10 x86. I’m used to doing it on SPARC, where you can copy the partition table using fmthard. My x86 boot disk has 2 primary partitions, a Solaris one and a diagnostic one. Is there a way to copy those 2 primary partitions to the second disk without... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to auto start a service on rebooting a Solaris 5.10 x86 machine?

Hi all, How to auto start a snmpd deamon on rebooting a Solaris 5.10 x86 machine. snmpd's path: /opt/download/net-snmp/sbin Thank you in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 9 x86 check disk mirror status

We have Proliant DL380 G2 running Solaris 9 x86 There are 6 physical disks installed which I believe are mirrored at hardware level to 3 sets to present 3 disks to the OS. Is there any way to check the mirror status at OS level ? I am guessing not and it may need a trip to site as we have no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies
ZFSLOADER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      ZFSLOADER(8)

NAME
zfsloader -- kernel bootstrapping final stage DESCRIPTION
zfsloader is an extended variant of loader(8) with added support for booting from ZFS. This document describes only differences from loader(8). ZFS FEATURES
zfsloader supports the following format for specifying ZFS filesystems which can be used wherever loader(8) refers to a device specification: zfs:pool/filesystem: where pool/filesystem is a ZFS filesystem name as described in zfs(8). If /etc/fstab does not have an entry for the root filesystem and vfs.root.mountfrom is not set, but currdev refers to a ZFS filesystem, then zfsloader will instruct kernel to use that filesystem as the root filesystem. ZFS COMMAND EXTENSIONS
lsdev [-v] Lists ZFS pools in addition to disks and partitions. Adding -v shows more ZFS pool details in a format that resembles zpool status output. lszfs filesystem A ZFS extended command that can be used to explore the ZFS filesystem hierarchy in a pool. Lists the immediate children of the filesystem. The filesystem hierarchy is rooted at a filesystem with the same name as the pool. FILES
/boot/zfsloader zfsloader itself. EXAMPLES
Set the default device used for loading a kernel from a ZFS filesystem: set currdev=zfs:tank/ROOT/knowngood: SEE ALSO
gptzfsboot(8), loader(8), zfs(8), zfsboot(8), zfsloader(8), zpool(8) HISTORY
The zfsloader first appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
September 15, 2014 BSD