Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to access all user history file Post 302318818 by cambridge on Friday 22nd of May 2009 10:00:41 AM
Old 05-22-2009
Big brother ... Smilie

Yes it'll be called '.sh_history' or '.kshrc_history' or '.bash_history' (depending on the user's shell) in the top-level of each user's home directory. Try:

Code:
ls /home/*/*.history

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to delete history for a particular user

Hi All, Whenever I log in to my terminal and execute some cmds and then I type "history", I get the list of all the commands that I have executed. I want to know where is the history been stored (any path location ?) Secondly,if I want to delete the history or some part of the history, can... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User History

How do I pipe serveral commans that will list only the user ids, sort the output, and remove any duplice name entries for those that have logged in in the past month? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CasperQuiet
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

access user history as root

Hi, I need to access a user's command history. However, the dilemma is that he is logged in and so his current history is not yet flushed to .bash_history file which gets flushed when he logs out. Is there a way I can still access his most recent history? thank you, S (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sardare
4 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

File owned by oracle user and dba group need readonly access to other users

Under oracle user file abc.txt was created. Oracle user belong to dba group on UNIX Server. However other non Oracle users which belongs to some other network groups need read only access to this file. Every time when I login as other then oracle user and try to view this file it saying that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: groosha
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code: archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Granting access to specific user on a 700 file

Hello, I have a a directory dir1 with permissions 700 (yes wantedly) and is owned by user1:group1 rwx------ user1 group1 dir1I need to give permissions to user2 (belongs to group2) on dir1 and its files, so I granted the permissions using setfacl ; instead of adding the user to groups and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies
condor_convert_history(1)				      General Commands Manual					 condor_convert_history(1)

Name
       condor_convert_history Convert - the history file to the new format

Synopsis
       condor_convert_history[-help]

condor_convert_historyhistory-file1[history-file2...]

Description
       As  of  Condor  version 6.7.19, the Condor history file has a new format to allow fast searches backwards through the file. Not all queries
       can take advantage of the speed increase, but the ones that can are significantly faster.

Entries placed in the history file after upgrade to Condor 6.7.19 will automatically be saved in the new format. The new format adds infor-
       mation  to  the	string which distinguishes and separates job entries. In order to search within this new format, no changes are necessary.
       However, to be able to search the entire history, the history file must be converted  to  the  updated  format.	condor_convert_historydoes
       this.

Turn the condor_schedddaemon off while converting history files. Turn it back on after conversion is completed.

Arguments  to  condor_convert_historyare  the  history  files to convert. The history file is normally in the Condor spool directory; it is
       named  history . Since the history file is rotated, there may be multiple history files, and all of them should be converted. On Unix plat-
       form variants, the easiest way to do this is:

cd `condor_config_val SPOOL`
       condor_convert_history  history*

condor_convert_historymakes  a  back  up  of each original history files in case of a problem. The names of these back up files are listed;
       names are formed by appending the suffix  .oldver to the original file name. Move these back up files to a directory other than	the  spool
       directory. If kept in the spool directory, condor_historywill find the back ups, and will appear to have duplicate jobs.

Exit Status
       condor_convert_historywill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright  (C)  1990-2012  Condor  Team,  Computer  Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. All Rights Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012					 condor_convert_history(1)