Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to access all user history file Post 302318818 by cambridge on Friday 22nd of May 2009 10:00:41 AM
Old 05-22-2009
Big brother ... Smilie

Yes it'll be called '.sh_history' or '.kshrc_history' or '.bash_history' (depending on the user's shell) in the top-level of each user's home directory. Try:

Code:
ls /home/*/*.history

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to delete history for a particular user

Hi All, Whenever I log in to my terminal and execute some cmds and then I type "history", I get the list of all the commands that I have executed. I want to know where is the history been stored (any path location ?) Secondly,if I want to delete the history or some part of the history, can... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User History

How do I pipe serveral commans that will list only the user ids, sort the output, and remove any duplice name entries for those that have logged in in the past month? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CasperQuiet
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

access user history as root

Hi, I need to access a user's command history. However, the dilemma is that he is logged in and so his current history is not yet flushed to .bash_history file which gets flushed when he logs out. Is there a way I can still access his most recent history? thank you, S (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sardare
4 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

File owned by oracle user and dba group need readonly access to other users

Under oracle user file abc.txt was created. Oracle user belong to dba group on UNIX Server. However other non Oracle users which belongs to some other network groups need read only access to this file. Every time when I login as other then oracle user and try to view this file it saying that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: groosha
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code: archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Granting access to specific user on a 700 file

Hello, I have a a directory dir1 with permissions 700 (yes wantedly) and is owned by user1:group1 rwx------ user1 group1 dir1I need to give permissions to user2 (belongs to group2) on dir1 and its files, so I granted the permissions using setfacl ; instead of adding the user to groups and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies
lusermod(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       lusermod(8)

NAME
lusermod - Modify an user SYNOPSIS
lusermod [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Modifies the user with name user. OPTIONS
-c, --gecos=gecos Set user's GECOS field to gecos. The GECOS field is traditionally used to store user's real name and other information. -d, --directory=directory Set user's home directory to directory. -g, --gid=gid Change user's primary group ID to gid. If group with ID gid does not exist, a warning is printed, but the operation is performed anyway. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -L, --lock Lock user's account. This prevents logging in using user's password. -l, --login=name Rename user to name. -m, --movedirectory After changing user's home directory (using the -d option), move the old home directory to the new location. -P, --plainpassword=password Set user's password to password. Note that the password can be viewed while running lusermod using tools such as ps(1). -p, --password=encrypted Set user's password to the password represented by the hash encrypted. Note that the hash can be viewed while running lusermod using tools such as ps(1). -s, --shell=shell Set user's login shell to shell. -U, --unlock Unlock user's account. -u, --uid=uid Change user's user ID to uid. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. libuser Feb 27 2008 lusermod(8)