Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting get text between two special rows ?(awk or sed)? Post 302318679 by piyush_24 on Friday 22nd of May 2009 04:56:41 AM
Old 05-22-2009
Thanks

Hi Matrix,
your first solution is also helpful for me.
Thanks
Piyush

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed with special characters

i have this script that searches for a pattern. However it fails if the pattern includes some special characters. So far, it fails with the following strings: 1. -Cr 2. $Mj 3. H'412 would a sed or awk be more effective? i don't want the users to put the (\) during the search (they... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to convert text files with recurring headings to rows and colum

I have many text file reports generated by a Information Assurance tool that I need to get into a .CSV format or Excel tab delimited format. I want to use sed or awk to grab all the information in the sample text file below and create column headings:Risk ID, Risk Level, Category, Description, How... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bjoeboo
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get text between two special rows ?( using awk or sed)?

Hi Friends I am facing some problem in extract the lines between two fixed lines for examplemy text file look like ... -------- line 1 line 2 line 3 --------- line 4 line 5 -------- line 6 line 7 line 8 line 9 line 10 --------- now i want the data between "-------" these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushantnirwan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special Character SED/AWK removal

I have a script that produces an output containing '/.ssh'. I am trying to find a way of parsing only this data from a single line, without removing any other special characters contained within the output as a result of the parse. Any help would be appreciated (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raggedranger333
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed usage with special characters - text manipulation

I'm trying to use sed to replace string in text file but I've some problems with slash and new-line for example I have to replace this string: \> signal_rssi=" or this string where new-line is in the middle of the string: " /> I'm using this code for the first case but it doesn't... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheMrOrange
10 Replies

6. AIX

Rows manupulation using AWK or sed

Hi Everyon, I am stuck in a script.I have a file named file1.txt as given below: It contains 2 columns-count and filename. cat file1.txt count filename 100 A_new.txt 1000 A_full.txt 1100 B_new.txt 2000 B_full.txt 1100 C_new.txt 2000 C_full.txt ................... ..................... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed (or awk or perl) to delete rows in a file

I have a Unix file with 200,000 records, and need to remove all records from the file that have the character ‘I' in position 68 (68 bytes from the left). I have searched for similar problems and it appears that it would be possible with sed, awk or perl but I do not know enough about any of these... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joddo
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or awk : pattern selection based on special characters

Hello All, I am here again scratching my head on pattern selection with special characters. I have a large file having around 200 entries and i have to select a single line based on a pattern. I am able to do that: Code: cat mytest.txt | awk -F: '/myregex/ { print $2}' ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Indexing each repeating pattern of rows in a column using awk/sed

Hello All, I have data like this in a column. 0 1 2 3 0 3 4 5 6 0 1 2 3 etc. where 0 identifies the start of a pattern in my data. So I need the output like below using either awk/sed. 0 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed? rows text to co

Hello Friends! I would like to help the masters ... I have a file with the entry below and would like a script for that output: Input file: 001 1 01-20152142711532-24S 1637909825/05/2015BAHIA SERVICOS R F, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: He2
1 Replies
XMLSTARLET(1)							 xmlstarlet Manual						     XMLSTARLET(1)

NAME
xmlstarlet - command line XML/XSLT toolkit SYNOPSIS
xmlstarlet [<options>] [<command>] [<cmd-options>] INTRODUCTION
XMLStarlet is a set of command line utilities (tools) which can be used to transform, query, validate, and edit XML documents and files us- ing simple set of shell commands in similar way it is done for plain text files using UNIX grep, sed, awk, diff, patch, join, etc commands. This set of command line utilities can be used by those who deal with many XML documents on UNIX shell command prompt as well as for auto- mated XML processing with shell scripts. OPTIONS
--version Display the version of xmlstarlet. --help Display help. COMMANDS
Type: xmlstarlet <command> --help <ENTER> for command help Available commands include: ed (or edit) Edit/update XML document(s). sel (or select) Select data or query XML document(s) (XPATH, etc). tr (or transform) Transform XML documents(s) using XSLT. val (or validate) Validate XML document(s) (well-formed/DTD/XSD/RelaxNG). fo (or format) Format XML document(s). el (or elements) Display element structure of XML document. c14n (or canonic) XML canonicalization. ls (or list) List directory as XML. esc (or escape) Escape special XML characters. unesc (or unescape) Unescape special XML characters. pyx (or xmln) Convert XML into PYX format (based on ESIS - ISO 8879). p2x (or depyx) Convert PYX into XML. REFERENCES
XMLStarlet is a command line toolkit to query/edit/check/transform XML documents (for more information see http://xmlstar.source- forge.net/). AUTHOR
Mikhail Grushinskiy. XMLSTARLET(1)