Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to add Loop number to variable name? Post 302318477 by siul0_0 on Thursday 21st of May 2009 03:59:34 PM
Old 05-21-2009
that worked like a charm! Thank you Smilie

PS: Well, I'm not using an array because I'm fairly new to shell scripts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop number of records.

Initially i store some files into anothe file Y. Now i want read the contents of file Y one by one do some check on each file. i,e Open file Y (contains multiple files) First read a file , do some check on that individual file.If that file satisfies teh condition put it in another file. Now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number lines of file and assign variable to each number

I have a file with a list of config files numbered on the lefthand side 1-300. I need to have bash read each lines number and assign it to a variable so it can be chosen by the user called by the script later. Ex. 1 some data 2 something else 3 more stuff which number do you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add the number of row and count number of rows

Hi experts a have a very large file and I need to add two columns: the first one numbering the incidence of records and the another with the total count The input file: 21 2341 A 21 2341 A 21 2341 A 21 2341 C 21 2341 C 21 2341 C 21 2341 C 21 4567 A 21 4567 A 21 4567 C ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: juelillo
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SHELL: /bin/sh] For loop using variable variable names

Simple enough problem I think, I just can't seem to get it right. The below doesn't work as intended, it's just a function defined in a much larger script: CheckValues() { for field in \ Group_ID \ Group_Title \ Rule_ID \ Rule_Severity \ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing variable with variable suffix through loop

I have a group of variables myLINEcnt1 - myLINEcnt10. I'm trying to printout the values using a for loop. I am at the head banging stage since i'm sure it has to be a basic syntax issue that i can't figure out. For myIPgrp in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10; do here i want to output the value of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop and variable not exactly variable: what's wrong

Hello guys, This truly is a newbie question. I'm trying to make a loop to execute simultaneous commands indefinitely while using variable. Here is how my mess looks like (this is just an example): #!/bin/bash IP=`shuf -n 1 IP.txt` # I figured this would be easier to select random lines... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobylapointe
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number loop

Hello, I've been trying to create a list of numbers in bash that loops every 10s as follow. So the list will contain 1-5 on start, then 2-6 after 10s and so on. However when it reaches 30 it needs to start back at 1. 1 2 3 27 28 2 3 4 28 29 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add line number to for loop?

> cat test.sh for t in `cat out.txt` do echo create directory data as "'"$t"';" done > output of out.txt is as below /oracle/SID/data1/file2_1/ /oracle/SID/data1/file1_1/ /oracle/SID/data1/file5_5/ /oracle/SID/data1/file_9/ /oracle/SID/data1/file_2/ when i run my test.sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazy_max
6 Replies
tkvars(3tk)						       Tk Built-In Commands						       tkvars(3tk)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tkvars - Variables used or set by Tk _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The following Tcl variables are either set or used by Tk at various times in its execution: tk_library This variable holds the file name for a directory containing a library of Tcl scripts related to Tk. These scripts include an initialization file that is normally processed whenever a Tk application starts up, plus other files containing proce- dures that implement default behaviors for widgets. The initial value of tcl_library is set when Tk is added to an inter- preter; this is done by searching several different directories until one is found that contains an appropriate Tk startup script. If the TK_LIBRARY environment variable exists, then the directory it names is checked first. If TK_LIBRARY is not set or does not refer to an appropriate directory, then Tk checks several other directories based on a compiled-in default location, the location of the Tcl library directory, the location of the binary containing the application, and the current working directory. The variable can be modified by an application to switch to a different library. tk_patchLevel Contains a decimal integer giving the current patch level for Tk. The patch level is incremented for each new release or patch, and it uniquely identifies an official version of Tk. tk::Priv This variable is an array containing several pieces of information that are private to Tk. The elements of tk::Priv are used by Tk library procedures and default bindings. They should not be accessed by any code outside Tk. tk_strictMotif This variable is set to zero by default. If an application sets it to one, then Tk attempts to adhere as closely as possi- ble to Motif look-and-feel standards. For example, active elements such as buttons and scrollbar sliders will not change color when the pointer passes over them. tk_textRedraw tk_textRelayout These variables are set by text widgets when they have debugging turned on. The values written to these variables can be used to test or debug text widget operations. These variables are mostly used by Tk's test suite. tk_version Tk sets this variable in the interpreter for each application. The variable holds the current version number of the Tk library in the form major.minor. Major and minor are integers. The major version number increases in any Tk release that includes changes that are not backward compatible (i.e. whenever existing Tk applications and scripts may have to change to work with the new release). The minor version number increases with each new release of Tk, except that it resets to zero whenever the major version number changes. KEYWORDS
variables, version, text Tk 4.1 tkvars(3tk)