Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script to move
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to move Post 302318458 by darshakraut on Thursday 21st of May 2009 02:58:07 PM
Old 05-21-2009
script to move

Hi,

Want to write a script which move like:
these are files in different dir structure,

/home/darshak/test/sh/new.txt
/home/darshak/test/new1.txt
/home/darshak/test/pl/file.txt

script will move same structure as above but in different dir,

/usr/local/test/sh/new.txt
/usr/local/test/new1.txt
/usr/local/test/pl/file.txt

I am finding files by below command which I have to move:
find /home/darshak -name "*" -mtime +4

Also was looking for tar-ing option but the data is about 20-30 GB so will take lot of time to tar and untar. So dropped the idea.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Copy Move Script

Hello Gurus! Please help! I would like to get some help with the following: I'm working right now on a Data Warehouse project and I need to automate a manual procedure I am using to process the data files coming into the database, any information/ideas and or which script language to go... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfpathros
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to move logs

Does anyone have a good script to move log files from a cron? There are a lot of logs, about 100 or more and they are constantly being written too. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Script

Hi I am very new to scripts and only have a basic knowledge What i am trying to do is move files from one directory to another, but i need to make sure the file is stable before it moves the file to the destination. Here is the script that i am using that is moving the files, it part of a script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move command within script

Anyone have an idea to why the statement below does not work within a script but works when issued from the command line? mv /dir_files/submit.log* /bintemp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bwcberb
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help with Script to Move Directories

Hi I am after a simple script to move folders/files from one directory into another directory on the same server. I want to run a cron so this can run at midnight. Issue is there will not always be data in the source folder. This script works fine but it errors if nothing exists in the source... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script move files by name

hi, I have a lot of files named xxxxx__AA.txt, xxxxx__BB.txt, xxxxx__CC.txt and I would like to move xxxxx__AA.txt in AA directory, xxxxx__BB.txt in BB etc. Could you help me do it in bash script? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: corfuitl
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

move script

hi guys i have a simple question i have a directory with name of files in /tmp which contain some files i want to check all files with file command and if they were MP3 or Wave sync them into new place . for example ( /root/mp3 ) i find all files and remove white space and rename them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhs
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move certain no. of files every second

Hi All, I am new to Linux/Scripting and need some assistance in coming up with a script that can move certain amount of files from one directory to other every seconds. Usercase: We have around 100k files in tmp directory on my server which needs to be moved to another folder to get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj1184
3 Replies
Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting(3pm)

NAME
Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting - How to do regression testing (for free!) SYNOPSIS
use Test::LectroTest regressions => "regressions.txt"; # -- OR -- use Test::LectroTest playback_failures => "regression_suite_for_my_module.txt", record_failures => "failures_in_the_field.txt"; # -- OR -- use Test::LectroTest::Compat regressions => "regressions.txt"; # -- OR -- use Test::LectroTest::Compat playback_failures => "regression_suite_for_my_module.txt", record_failures => "failures_in_the_field.txt"; DESCRIPTION
Say that LectroTest uncovers a bug in your software by finding a random test case that proves one of your properties to be false. If you apply a fix for the bug, how can you be sure that LectroTest will re-test the property using the exact same test case that "broke" it before, just to be certain the bug really is fixed? And how can you be sure that future changes to your code will not reintroduce the same bug without your knowing it? For situations like these, LectroTest can record failure-causing test cases to a file, and it can play those test cases back as part of its normal testing strategy. The easiest way to take advantage of this feature is to set the regressions parameter when you "use" Test::LectroTest or Test::LectroTest::Compat: use Test::LectroTest regressions => "regressions.txt"; This tells LectroTest to use the file "regressions.txt" for both recording and playing back failures. If you want to record and play back from separate files, use the record_failures and playback_failures options: use Test::LectroTest::Compat playback_failures => "regression_suite_for_my_module.txt", record_failures => "failures_in_the_field.txt"; Here is how it works: 1. When testing a property named N, LectroTest will check for a play-back file. If the file exists, LectroTest will search it for test cases associated with N. If any such test cases exist, LectroTest will play them back before and in addition to performing the usual, random testing of the property. 2. When performing the usual, random testing of a property named N, if a failure occurs (i.e., LectroTest finds a counterexample), LectroTest will record the test case that caused the failure to the recording file, associating the test case with the name N. NOTE: If you pass any of the recording or playback parameters to Test::LectroTest::Compat, you must have version 0.3500 or greater of Test::LectroTest installed. (Module authors, update your modules' build dependencies accordingly.) The Test::LectroTest module itself, however, has always ignored unfamiliar parameters, and thus these options are backward compatible with older versions. SEE ALSO
Test::LectroTest gives a quick overview of automatic, specification-based testing with LectroTest. This module accepts failure recording and play-back options. Test::LectroTest::Compat lets you mix LectroTest with the popular family of Test::Builder-based modules such as Test::Simple and Test::More. This module accepts failure recording and play-back options. LECTROTEST HOME
The LectroTest home is http://community.moertel.com/LectroTest. There you will find more documentation, presentations, mailing-list archives, a wiki, and other helpful LectroTest-related resources. It's also the best place to ask questions. AUTHOR
Tom Moertel (tom@moertel.com) COPYRIGHT and LICENSE Copyright (c) 2004-06 by Thomas G Moertel. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2007-08-30 Test::LectroTest::RegressionTesting(3pm)