Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in printing a sql query in perl Post 302318454 by durden_tyler on Thursday 21st of May 2009 02:52:10 PM
Old 05-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by userscript
I want to print the values of 'abcd' for each row.

I have the following perl code, but not sure how i can print that particular column
Here's one way to do it, using the "EMP" demonstration table in the standard "scott" schema of Oracle.

Code:
$
$ # display the contents of commands.sql
$ cat commands.sql
select deptno from emp where empno = 7369
select deptno from emp where empno = 7499
select deptno from emp where empno = 7521
select deptno from emp where empno = 7566
select deptno from emp where empno = 7654
select deptno from emp where empno = 7698
select deptno from emp where empno = 7782
select deptno from emp where empno = 7788
$
$ # display the contents of test_dbi.pl perl program
$ cat test_dbi.pl
#!perl -w
use DBI;
$dbh = DBI->connect('DBI:Oracle:','scott','tiger',
                    {RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 1});
open(OUTPUT, ">output.txt") or die "Can't open output.txt: $!";
open (FILE, "<commands.sql") or die "Can't open commands.sql: $!";
while (<FILE>) {
  chomp($sql = $_);
  $dbh->do($sql);
  $sth = $dbh->prepare($sql);
  $sth->execute();
  while (@row = $sth->fetchrow_array) {
    print OUTPUT $row[0],"\n";
  }
  $sth->finish();
}
$dbh->disconnect();
close(FILE) or die "Can't close commands.sql: $!";
close(OUTPUT) or die "Can't close output.txt: $!";
$
$ # run the perl program
$ perl test_dbi.pl
$
$ cat output.txt
$
$

Hope that helps,
tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incorrect SQL query in perl

I the the following perl script, however it does not return anything. Did i form my syantax wrongly? $sth=$dbh->prepare("select a.rowid,a.* from Table1 a where a.field1 = \'$Indicator1\' and a.schedule = \'$Indicator2\' and a.lastdate <= sysdate"); $sth->execute() ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

& in SQL query

I have a script that looks for all jobs that contain a particular calendar. Some of the calendars have '&' in them and sql freaks out when it encounters that.. is there a way around this? I have tried: select job_name from job where run_calendar='1&15dom' select job_name from job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lindarella
3 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

SQL Lite query

Hello Everyone, I am looking to write a script that will run on many machines in a network at the same time. They need to write a result to a common location. I plan to use a SQLlite database as this common writing point. But the concern I have is how SQLlite will react to multiple writes that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garric
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing Hash variable in to sql query in perl

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help me how do i call hash variable in to sql query in perl. Please see the script below i have defined two Hash %lc and %tab as below $lc{'REFF'}='V_RES_CLASS'; $lc{'CALE'}='V_CAP_CLASS'; $lc{'XRPD'}='V_XFMR_CLASS'; $tab{'V_RES_CLASS'}='V_MFR_SERS';... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

run sql query via perl script

Hello, If I run this command on the server it works. # dbc "update config set radio_enabled = 0;" how can I execute the same command in perl. I have defined the dbc path. Can any one please correct the last line. #!/usr/bin/perl #database path $dbc='/opt/bin/psql -Userver... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl- oracle sql query

Hi, I am new to perl.How to query oracle database with perl??? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdev457
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in SQL query

I used the following code code select * from tablename where columnname Instead of printing the expected output it prints all the files in the present directory since there is a "*" in the code. Is there any way to overcome the problem? Thanks Ananth (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthdoss
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

10. Programming

Getting error in sql query

Hi All , I have tried many times am getting syntax error on 'UNION' can anybody tell me ... INSERT INTO table1 ( Type , num_items , num_letters , total_value ) (select type='1', num_items, num_letters=count(*), total_value=sum(letter_value) from table2 where num_items = 1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
1 Replies
insq(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						  insq(9F)

NAME
insq - insert a message into a queue SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> int insq(queue_t *q, mblk_t *emp, mblk_t *nmp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
q Pointer to the queue containing message emp. emp Enqueued message before which the new message is to be inserted. mblk_t is an instance of the msgb(9S) structure. nmp Message to be inserted. DESCRIPTION
insq() inserts a message into a queue. The message to be inserted, nmp, is placed in q immediately before the message emp. If emp is NULL, the new message is placed at the end of the queue. The queue class of the new message is ignored. All flow control parameters are updated. The service procedure is enabled unless QNOENB is set. RETURN VALUES
insq() returns 1 on success, and 0 on failure. CONTEXT
insq() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
This routine illustrates the steps a transport provider may take to place expedited data ahead of normal data on a queue (assume all M_DATA messages are converted into M_PROTO T_DATA_REQ messages). Normal T_DATA_REQ messages are just placed on the end of the queue (line 16). However, expedited T_EXDATA_REQ messages are inserted before any normal messages already on the queue (line 25). If there are no normal messages on the queue, bp will be NULL and we fall out of the for loop (line 21). insq acts like putq(9F) in this case. 1 #include 2 #include 3 4 static int 5 xxxwput(queue_t *q, mblk_t *mp) 6 { 7 union T_primitives *tp; 8 mblk_t *bp; 9 union T_primitives *ntp; 10 11 switch (mp->b_datap->db_type) { 12 case M_PROTO: 13 tp = (union T_primitives *)mp->b_rptr; 14 switch (tp->type) { 15 case T_DATA_REQ: 16 putq(q, mp); 17 break; 18 19 case T_EXDATA_REQ: 20 /* Insert code here to protect queue and message block */ 21 for (bp = q->q_first; bp; bp = bp->b_next) { 22 if (bp->b_datap->db_type == M_PROTO) { 23 ntp = (union T_primitives *)bp->b_rptr; 24 if (ntp->type != T_EXDATA_REQ) 25 break; 26 } 27 } 28 (void)insq(q, bp, mp); 29 /* End of region that must be protected */ 30 break; . . . 31 } 32 } 33 } When using insq(), you must ensure that the queue and the message block is not modified by another thread at the same time. You can achieve this either by using STREAMS functions or by implementing your own locking. SEE ALSO
putq(9F), rmvq(9F), msgb(9S) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide WARNINGS
If emp is non-NULL, it must point to a message on q or a system panic could result. SunOS 5.10 9 Jul 2001 insq(9F)