Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to send file as attachment using mail or mailx Post 302318268 by vgersh99 on Thursday 21st of May 2009 07:45:18 AM
Old 05-21-2009
Please use the Forums 'Search' function and look through the FAQ section - these questions have been asked/answered many time already.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using mailx to send a log file to my outlook e-mail account

I like to use mailx -s to send an entire xxxxx.log to my outlook e-mail account. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP!!! how to send PDF file as an attachment using mailx

Hi, iam using the following command: uuencode file1.pdf file1.pdf|mailx - s "waz up?" xyz@domain.com Iam recieving an encoding error when i try to open the attachment. Pls help..very urgent!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brat
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to send file as attachment with mail ?

hello , i m new to linux/unix , well in my college their is linux server to which we all (i and my frnds) login , we can send mail to each other through command "mail" . but any one can tell me how can i attached a binary file with mail. we are using red hat , "pine ", "mailx" , all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert_every1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Mailx command to send mail with attachment

Hi, I am using mailx command to send a mail with attachment. It's working fine, but with attachment I am getting one extra attachment like (ATT00131.txt). I have tried to use unix2dos command also. But still I am getting the extra attachment. I am using the following code: subject="temp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanatharv
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Delimited file and send mail with attachment

Hi All, My requirement is: 1. To read a file that contains log file location and server name. The format of the file is something like this : server_name1:logfilename1 server_name2:logfilename2 2. Now I wants to grep "error" string from the logfilename and put it into another file for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheiver
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

send attachment and body in one mail using mailx

Hi, Our requirement is to send an attachment and content in a single mail. I am using the below command to send attachement. --------------------- (uuencode $exp_file $exp_file) |mailx -s "$email_subject" $EmailRecipients -------------------- I m not able to send any message in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to send .csv file as an attachment using mailx command.

want to send .csv file as an attachment using mailx command. Please help!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gagandeep
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command to send attachment file

Hi, I need to send a attachment which has space in the file name as: "ABC Data Extract.txt" which is present in the location /home/projects/txt i am using /home/projects/scripts mailx -s "Sub" email_id "/home/projects/txt/ABC Data Extract.txt" but i am not getting the attachment. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
7 Replies
DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						       DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-reconfigure - reconfigure an already installed package SYNOPSIS
dpkg-reconfigure [options] packages DESCRIPTION
dpkg-reconfigure reconfigures packages after they have already been installed. Pass it the names of a package or packages to reconfigure. It will ask configuration questions, much like when the package was first installed. If you just want to see the current configuration of a package, see debconf-show(1) instead. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. The default frontend can be permanently changed by: dpkg-reconfigure debconf Note that if you normally have debconf set to use the noninteractive frontend, dpkg-reconfigure will use the dialog frontend instead, so you actually get to reconfigure the package. -pvalue, --priority=value Specify the minimum priority of question that will be displayed. dpkg-reconfigure normally shows low priority questions no matter what your default priority is. See debconf(7) for a list. --default-priority Use whatever the default priority of question is, instead of forcing the priority to low. -u, --unseen-only By default, all questions are shown, even if they have already been answered. If this parameter is set though, only questions that have not yet been seen will be asked. --force Force dpkg-reconfigure to reconfigure a package even if the package is in an inconsistent or broken state. Use with caution. --no-reload Prevent dpkg-reconfigure from reloading templates. Use with caution; this will prevent dpkg-reconfigure from repairing broken templates databases. However, it may be useful in constrained environments where rewriting the templates database is expensive. -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)