Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem in Sending Arabic message in Unix Post 302318260 by Sun Fire on Thursday 21st of May 2009 07:32:01 AM
Old 05-21-2009
nothing that I know of, no.

I faced that problem earlier, but after installing those packages, it worked. Sorry, no idea.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Sending a message to a user when password will be expired

Hi, Does anyone have a script (for AIX) that sends a message to a user that his password will be expired within 5 days for ex. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diederd
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending message to terminal

hi all i have script #!/bin/bash cd /usr3/prod grep ERROR /usr3/prod/ind.log > /usr3/prod/ind_err.log if test -s /usr3/prod/ind_err.log then echo "error during process" else echo "process succeed" fi i want that this message(echo) will be display one time at the top of the screen... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while sending message and attachment with mailx

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail with an attachment and message. Following command I am using. (cat <messagefile> ; uuencode <attachmentfile> <attachmentfile>)|mailx -s"Subject" dave@email.com In the received mail, message body is appearing fine. But attachment is not coming. Rather... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nihar.dutta
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending a structure through a message queue

Hi, I browsed thru the previous posts and couldnt find a solution for my problem. Hence I decided to post it. I have a buffer array that I want to send thru a message queue. The array consists of a header structure and a payload structure memcopied to it. When I print the contents of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeebie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in sending out content in unix

Hello all!! i got a problem in the email content format in outlook which i mail it from a unix. i want the content to be multiple lines as i see in unix, but the content is grouped into a single line instead in the email content. The email content is made from tail of a file, and echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boydunshout
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending multiple files along with mail message using uuencode

Hi, I have a requirement to send a mail with multiple files attached to it and along with the text message in the mail. I am trying sumthing like below but it only sends me the text message and no files attached to the mail. ---------------------------------------- ( uuencode file1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arabic encoding using Unix commands

I am using sed on Arabic file (utf-8 encoding) like bellow: sed 's/./& /g' file and all I get is: 1 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I tried change the LANG variable to LANG=en_US.UTF-8 but I still get the same "?" output. What is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Viernes
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending message to a mobile number through UNIX

Is it possible to add Pager Notification to mailx command?? Or by any other mean. just want to specify that by Pager i mean a message to the mobile number. Suppose i have following condition If ];then send a message to 9999999999 else no message to be sent fi Is it possible? I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Message Body while sending an email

I am making use of the following code to display the results of my txt file in an email: mail -s 'Count Validation Test Comparison Results' Ronit@XYZ.com < Count_Validation_Results_`date +%m%d%Y`.txt Email Output: ----------Query 1 Count Validation Results-------- Source count is 4 Target... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Sending email with message body and attachment

Hello experts!! I am trying to send an email with message body and attachment.but i am getting any one like message body or attachment. I tried below command: (echo "subject:test";echo "MIME-Version: 1.0";echo "content-transfer-encoding:base 64";echo "content-type:txt;name=test.txt";cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devipriya Ch
2 Replies
DH_GENCONTROL(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_GENCONTROL(1)

NAME
dh_gencontrol - generate and install control file SYNOPSIS
dh_gencontrol [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_gencontrol is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating control files, and installing them into the DEBIAN directory with the proper permissions. This program is merely a wrapper around dpkg-gencontrol(1), which calls it once for each package being acted on (plus related dbgsym packages), and passes in some additional useful flags. Note that if you use dh_gencontrol, you must also use dh_builddeb(1) to build the packages. Otherwise, your build may fail to build as dh_gencontrol (via dpkg-gencontrol(1)) declares which packages are built. As debhelper automatically generates dbgsym packages, it some times adds additional packages, which will be built by dh_builddeb(1). OPTIONS
-- params Pass params to dpkg-gencontrol(1). -uparams, --dpkg-gencontrol-params=params This is another way to pass params to dpkg-gencontrol(1). It is deprecated; use -- instead. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_GENCONTROL(1)