Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem in Sending Arabic message in Unix Post 302318243 by Sun Fire on Thursday 21st of May 2009 06:51:18 AM
Old 05-21-2009
That's pretty strange, I thought these packages were necessary for Arabic Language support.

Do you login using GUI ?

if so, then in the login prompt, before you enter your username, there's a button called "Options"...click on it and then click on "Languages".

make sure you selected "C POSIX " (and if those language support packages are installed, you can see them below, but anyhow you have to select "C POSIX"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Sending a message to a user when password will be expired

Hi, Does anyone have a script (for AIX) that sends a message to a user that his password will be expired within 5 days for ex. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diederd
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending message to terminal

hi all i have script #!/bin/bash cd /usr3/prod grep ERROR /usr3/prod/ind.log > /usr3/prod/ind_err.log if test -s /usr3/prod/ind_err.log then echo "error during process" else echo "process succeed" fi i want that this message(echo) will be display one time at the top of the screen... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while sending message and attachment with mailx

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail with an attachment and message. Following command I am using. (cat <messagefile> ; uuencode <attachmentfile> <attachmentfile>)|mailx -s"Subject" dave@email.com In the received mail, message body is appearing fine. But attachment is not coming. Rather... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nihar.dutta
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending a structure through a message queue

Hi, I browsed thru the previous posts and couldnt find a solution for my problem. Hence I decided to post it. I have a buffer array that I want to send thru a message queue. The array consists of a header structure and a payload structure memcopied to it. When I print the contents of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeebie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in sending out content in unix

Hello all!! i got a problem in the email content format in outlook which i mail it from a unix. i want the content to be multiple lines as i see in unix, but the content is grouped into a single line instead in the email content. The email content is made from tail of a file, and echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boydunshout
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending multiple files along with mail message using uuencode

Hi, I have a requirement to send a mail with multiple files attached to it and along with the text message in the mail. I am trying sumthing like below but it only sends me the text message and no files attached to the mail. ---------------------------------------- ( uuencode file1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arabic encoding using Unix commands

I am using sed on Arabic file (utf-8 encoding) like bellow: sed 's/./& /g' file and all I get is: 1 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I tried change the LANG variable to LANG=en_US.UTF-8 but I still get the same "?" output. What is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Viernes
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending message to a mobile number through UNIX

Is it possible to add Pager Notification to mailx command?? Or by any other mean. just want to specify that by Pager i mean a message to the mobile number. Suppose i have following condition If ];then send a message to 9999999999 else no message to be sent fi Is it possible? I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Message Body while sending an email

I am making use of the following code to display the results of my txt file in an email: mail -s 'Count Validation Test Comparison Results' Ronit@XYZ.com < Count_Validation_Results_`date +%m%d%Y`.txt Email Output: ----------Query 1 Count Validation Results-------- Source count is 4 Target... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Sending email with message body and attachment

Hello experts!! I am trying to send an email with message body and attachment.but i am getting any one like message body or attachment. I tried below command: (echo "subject:test";echo "MIME-Version: 1.0";echo "content-transfer-encoding:base 64";echo "content-type:txt;name=test.txt";cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devipriya Ch
2 Replies
TPING(1)                                                           LAM COMMANDS                                                           TPING(1)

NAME
tping - Send echo messages to LAM nodes. SYNOPSIS
tping [-hv] [-c count] [-d delay] [-l length] nodes OPTIONS
-h Print the command help menu. -v Turn OFF verbose mode. -c count Send count messages. -d delay Delay delay seconds between each message. -l length Each message is length bytes long. DESCRIPTION
The tping command sends messages to, and collects replies from, a list of nodes, via the LAM echo server. It is similar to the UNIX ping(8) command, and is used as a quick diagnosis of the LAM network. Unless options are specified, tping sends a 1 byte message an infinite number of times, displaying the roundtrip time of each message as it completes, with a delay of 1 second between roundtrips. After the loop is broken (with keyboard interrupt, eg: ^C), tping prints statis- tics about all roundtrip messages. EXAMPLES
tping h Echo messages to the local node. tping -v n7 -l 1000 -c 10 Echo 1000 byte messages to node 7. Stay silent while working. Stop after 10 roundtrips and report statistics. BUGS
There is no built-in timeout and tping will wait forever to receive an echo. If no echo is received, due to a dead link or node, tping hangs. Stop the process with a keyboard suspend signal (eg: ^Z) and terminate LAM with lamhalt(1) or lamwipe(1) (although the use of lamwipe(1) is deprecated). SEE ALSO
lamhalt(1), lamwipe(1) LAM 7.1.4 July, 2007 TPING(1)