Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recycle Bin Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recycle Bin Script Post 302318145 by KevinADC on Thursday 21st of May 2009 12:21:05 AM
Old 05-21-2009
School work is not allowed here and PMing members asking to get your thread looked at is not going to win you any friends.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Path of Recycle Bin on Windows

hello everybody, I am trying to find the path of the Recycle Bin. I know that it's a temporary storage place, but it should have a path that we can refer to. I want to know it because I sometimes use cygwin to work on Windows, and when you delete something with it, it's gone. I just checked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

intro to UNIX - making a sort-of recycle bin (for fun)

Hello, I'm only taking Intro to UNIX in school right now, so please bear with me. My problem is with a sort-of recycle-bin rig I've created for fun. I'm using Ubuntu 9.04, I am the admin. (only user, actually) of this computer. I'm using this script in ~/.bashrc # if files exist, remove contents... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fuser: difference with bin/sh and bin/ksh shell script

Hi, I have a problem I don't understand with fuser. I launch a simple shell script mysleep.sh: I launch the command fuser -fu mysleep.sh but fuser doesn't return anything excepted: mysleep: Then I modify my script switching from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/ksh I launch the command fuser -fu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peuj
4 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

UNIX Recycle Bin - restore function

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: A set of Linux shell scripts is required to allow users to ‘remove' files without them really disappearing until... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: burn88
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with my recycle bin code

Hi~ I have a problem with my recycle bin code. #!/bin/bash if test !-d ~/.recyclebin #if recycle bin does not exists then mkdir ~/.recyclebin # then create recycle bin else mv $1 ~/.recyclebin #else move the deleted file in the recycle bin fi so when I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zel2zel
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recycle Bin

what is recycle bin mode in unix??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun508.gatike
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recycle Jboss server script

Hello, I need help writing a script to restart our Jboss server when it crashes. I am not very good with scripting but here is the basics. 1) I'm hoping to use KornShell 2) The command to stop the Jboss is "/var/opt/HP/ALM/jboss/bin/run.sh stop" 3) I want to verify the jboss is stopped before... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blogger11
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recycle bin on minix 3.2.1?

Hi. I'm started to use minix 3.2.1 recently and I'm trying to create a recycle bin for it. I'm kinda struggling on how to do it. I searched internet and I found scripts created for it but I actually didn't learn how to create scripts in college and I'm not sure if I understand them. I just wanted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ReonarudoB
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recycle bin.

Hi. I've created scripts for a recycle bin that can list, restore and empty it. I only have the problem of deleting two files with the same name. When I do it one file overwrite the other. What could I do to resolve it? The only thing I can think is asking the user to rename file before moving to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ReonarudoB
2 Replies
times(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)