Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting retrieve what the currently selected item is in a dropdown select list using perl tk Post 302318057 by lassimanji on Wednesday 20th of May 2009 04:16:32 PM
Old 05-20-2009
retrieve what the currently selected item is in a dropdown select list using perl tk

I have a dropdown menu built in perl tk (I am using active state perl). I want to select a value from the dropdown menu and I want to be able to perform some other actions depending upon what value is selected. I have all the graphical part made but I dont know how to get the selected value. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

list file within selected of day

Hi, i want to list some files in the directory within selected period. for example, I want to list file within 5 days, 3 days, etc....is it possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happyv
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting selected few lines through perl

How can I extract few lines(like 10 to 15, top 10 and last 10) from a file using perl. I do it with sed, head and tail in unix scripting. I am new to perl. Appreciate your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruthiveeran
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to add the size of the selected list of file

i have a files in the dir as below. ls -lR ./.snapshot 5649600512 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080707 6006923264 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080708 5321129984 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080709 6686597120 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080710 7312855040 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the selected table to file in perl?

Hi, I am connecting to oracle database using perl. I want to redirect the selected output to file. I am not able to do that in Oracle. Here is the code. SQL> SELECT name INTO OUTFILE "/orahome/test.txt" FROM dummy; * ERROR at line 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List content of item in the combobox

I have a combo.cgi here. this is linux environment What i am going to do is this combobox will list down all the flatfile name in this /u/test/cgi-bin/List directory. after that, i wanted it to open the flatfile and display the content of the flatfile into another listbox or textarea in this page... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chezy
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - get uniq item from an array?

practicing perl now and hope to get uniq item from an array: my current work: #!/usr/local/bin/perl my @source = ("aaa", "aaa", "bbb", "ccc", "ddd"); my $index=0; my @uniq; foreach (@source) { chomp; # push first item to @uniq if ($index == 0) { push @uniq, $_; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed for select and retrieve data

I would like to recover the data from 3 text tags. These three markers are located between the tags specific location <tag1> and </tag1> knowing that they are in many places. In File.txt: <tag2>txt2</tag2> <tag3>txt3</tag3> <tag4>txt4</tag4> .... <tag1> <tag2>txt2</tag2>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amad
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to select text and apply it to a selected file in bash

In the bash below I am asking the user for a panel and reading that into bed. Then asking the user for a file and reading that into file1.Is the grep in bold the correct way to apply the selected panel to the file? I am getting a syntax error. Thank you :) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a lis, find items in a file from the list, change each item

Hello, I have some tab delimited text data, file: final_temp1 aname val NAME;r'(1,) 3.28584 r'(2,)<tab> NAME;r'(3,) 6.13003 NAME;r'(4,) 4.18037 r'(5,)<tab> You can see that the data is incomplete in some cases. There is a trailing tab after the first column for each incomplete row. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to process a list of items and uncomment lines with that item in a second file

Hello, I have a src code file where I need to uncomment many lines. The lines I need to uncomment look like, C CALL l_r(DESNAME,DESOUT, 'Gmax', ESH(10), NO_APP, JJ) The comment is the "C" in the first column. This needs to be deleted so that there are 6 spaces preceding "CALL".... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies
mitem_value(3X) 														   mitem_value(3X)

NAME
mitem_value - set and get menu item values SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int set_item_value(ITEM *item, bool value); bool item_value(const ITEM *item); DESCRIPTION
If you turn off the menu option O_ONEVALUE (e.g., with set_menu_opts or menu_opts_off; see menu_opts(3X)), the menu becomes multi-valued; that is, more than one item may simultaneously be selected. In a multi_valued menu, you can used set_item_value to select the given menu item (second argument TRUE) or deselect it (second argument FALSE). RETURN VALUE
The function set_item_value returns one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_REQUEST_DENIED The menu driver could not process the request. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), menu(3X). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. mitem_value(3X)