Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut portion of a field in shell scripts Post 302318032 by shivacbz on Wednesday 20th of May 2009 02:40:59 PM
Old 05-20-2009
Cut portion of a field in shell scripts

Hi,

I am a file with the following layout.

field1|field2|field3|field4|field5|field6|field7

I need to write a file with the below layout
field1|field2|fieldx|field6

where fieldx = substring of field4.

I am using cut function to write the required fields. But I don't know how to get the substring of field 4 from the file to be written into the output file.

Please help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use cut to get the last field of a string?

If I am not sure of how many fields a string has, say STR=/homt/root/dir1/dir2/../dirn how to use "cut -d/ -f" to get dirn ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

dirname, save cut portion to variable, clean up

Hi guys, last cry for help for today. I appreciate the help so far. ok so I have a program that dumps a path into my script as a variable ($1) This path is an example /home/xbmc/sab_downloads/video/tv/grey's anatomy/season 3 So in order to search thetvdb.com for a show, I need to extract... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tret
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut last Field

Guys, I have a line like this: 109;201;1099010 and as you see that first field 109 and the last field starts with 109. I need to cut the rest in the last field after 109 which is 9010 How to do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfaqih
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I cut out this field?

Hello, In a shell script I am writing I execute this command: uniq -c names1.tmp > names2.tmp In names2.tmp I get these results: 4 user 2 username 1 users 1 veriano 1 victoria I need to isolate the names in this file and put it in another file. However it seems that the number... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut the last field

Hello guys. Is there any way I can cut the last field using "cut" ??? (without putting it into a while...) Thanks. 435 Gavea. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to cut a particular field

hi all i am need to cut the name of the file which i am entering in the comand line. say abc.txt is the name of the file i need to cut only the "abc" part. when i try doing this(using cut -f1) i am getting the data that s present inside the file and the file name. pls help.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: din_annauniv
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut third field of every third line

Hello, I have got a log file and would need to write a script to cut the every first and second fields of every third line. Job Name : dummytextd_v1 Status : KILLED TIMEDOUT 2011-05-01 05:33 Job Name : dummyttx_v1 Status : KILLED TIMEDOUT 2011-05-03 02:33 Job Name :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kochappa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell to display portion of a line

Thanks a lot for the code and the explanation. Now my final requirement. I have uploaded 3 files as attachment. Please open the files in Editplus or any other text editor which keeps the formatting. GMDCOM.27936.log.txt------I want to pick only Process request from this file.(Please check... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk - If field value of consecutive records are the identical print portion of lines

I have some data that looks like this: PXD= ZW< 1,6 QR> QRJ== 1,2(5) QR> QRJ== 4,1(2) QR> QRJ== 4,2 QRB= QRB 4,2 QWM QWM 6,2 R<C ZW< 11,2 R<H= R<J= 6,1 R>H XZJ= 1,2(2) R>H XZJ= 2,6(2) R>H XZJ= 4,1(2) R>H XZJ= 6,2 RDP RDP 1,2 What I would like to do is if fields $1 and $2 are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut the first field and the 2 last field

Hello, I would like to cut the first field and the 2 last fields from the string.Please help. Here is the example of the string.DL_FUND_FULL_20190605.txt DL_FUND_HIS_DEL_20190605.txt DL_FUND_HIS_TMP_DEL20190605.txt Please noted that DL_ --> Every files have the prefix like this.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: palita2601
3 Replies
MONGOEXCEPTION(3)							 1							 MONGOEXCEPTION(3)

The MongoException class

INTRODUCTION
Default Mongo exception. This covers a bunch of different error conditions that may eventually be moved to more specific exceptions, but will always extend Mon- goException. o The MongoSomething object has not been correctly initialized by its constructor Code: 0 Probably your Mongo object is not con- nected to a database server. o zero-length keys are not allowed, did you use $ with double quotes? Code: 1 You tried to save "" as a key. You generally should not do this. "" can mess up subobject access and is used by MongoDB internally. However, if you really want, you can set mongo.allow_empty_keys to true in your php.ini file to override this sanity check. If you override this, it is highly recommended that you set error checking to strict to avoid string interpolation errors. o '.' not allowed in key: <key> Code: 2 You attempted to write a key with '.' in it, which is prohibited. o insert too large: <size>, max: <max> Code: 3 You're attempting to send too much data to the database at once: the database will only accept inserts up to a certain size (currently 16 MB). o no elements in doc Code: 4 You're attempting to save a document with no fields. o size of BSON doc is <size> bytes, max <max>MB Code: 5 You're attempting to save a document that is larger than MongoDB can save. o no documents given Code: 6 You're attempting to batch insert an empty array of documents. o MongoCollection::group takes an array, object, or MongoCode key Code: 7 Wrong type parameter send to MongoCollection.group(3). o field names must be strings Code: 8 You should format field selectors as array("field1" => 1, "field2" => 1, ..., "fieldN" => 1). o invalid regex Code: 9 The regex passed to MongoRegex is not of the correct form. o MongoDBRef::get: $ref field must be a string Code: 10 o MongoDBRef::get: $db field must be a string Code: 11 o non-utf8 string: <str> Code: 12 This error occurs if you attempt to send a non-utf8 string to the database. All strings going into the database should be UTF8. See php.ini options for the transition option of quieting this exception. o mutex error: <err> Code: 13 The driver uses mutexes for synchronizing requests and responses in multithreaded environments. This is a fairly serious error and may not have a stack trace. It's unusual and should be reported to maintainers with any system information and steps to reproduce that you can provide. o index name too long: <len>, max <max> characters Code: 14 Indexes with names longer than 128 characters cannot be created. If you get this error, you should use MongoCollection.ensureIndex(3)'s "name" option to create a shorter name for your index. CLASS SYNOPSIS
MongoException MongoExceptionextends Exception PHP Documentation Group MONGOEXCEPTION(3)