Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl script on multiple files Post 302317993 by aritakum on Wednesday 20th of May 2009 12:59:08 PM
Old 05-20-2009
perl script on multiple files

I have a script that runs on one file (at a time).
like this:
$> perl myscript.pl filename > output

How can I run it on >6000 files and have the output sent out into slightly modified file name
$> perl myscript 6000files> output6000files.new extension

Thanks in anticipation

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining Multiple files in one in a perl script

All, I want to combine multiple files in one file. Something like what we do on the commad line as follows -> cat file1 file2 file3 > Main_File. Can something like this be done in a perl script very efficiently? Thanks, Rahul. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreach loop to run a perl script on multiple files

Hi, I have thousands of files in a directory that have the following 2 formats: 289620178.aln 289620179.aln 289620180.aln 289620183.aln 289620184.aln 289620185.aln 289620186.aln 289620187.aln 289620188.aln 289620189.aln 289620190.aln 289620192.aln.... and: alnCDS_1.fasta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greptastic
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script on files in multiple directories

Hi, I want to run a Perl script on multiple files, with same name ("Data.txt") but in different directories (eg : 2010_06_09_A/Data.txt, 2010_06_09_B/Data.txt). I know how to run this perl script on files in the same directory like: for $i in *.txt do perl myscript.pl $i > $i.new... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a Perl Script that processes multiple files

I want to write a Perl script that manipulates multiple files. In the directory, I have files 250.*chr$.ped where * is from 1 to 1000 and $ is from 1-22 for a total of 22 x 10,000 = 22,000 files. I want to write a script that only manipulates files 250.1chr*.ped where * is from 1 to 22.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
10 Replies

5. Programming

help need in the perl script that create one xml file form multiple files.

Hi every one, Please excuse me if any grammatical mistakes is there. I have multiple xml files in one directory, I need to create multiple XML files into one XML file.example files like this</p> file1:bvr.xml ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I do one liner import multiple custom .pm files in my perl script?

I am new for Perl I want to ask one question. I have around 50 custom packages which i am using in my Perl script. I want to import all .pm packages in my Perl script in an easy way. Right now i have to import each package individually. So Is there any way to do so?? Right Now i am doing like: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run perl script on multiple files of two directories?

Hi I have 100 files under file A labled 1.txt 2.txt.....100.txt(made up name) I have 1 files under file B labled name.txt How can i run the same perl script on 100 files and file name.txt I want to run perl script.pl A/1.txt B/name.txt perl script.pl A/2.txt B/name.txt ....... perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grace_shen
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run one script on multiple files and print out multiple files.

How can I run the following command on multiple files and print out the corresponding multiple files. perl script.pl genome.gff 1.txt > 1.gff However, there are multiples files of 1.txt, from 1----100.txt Thank you so much. No duplicate posting! Continue here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grace_shen
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabbed multiple csv files into one single excel file with using shell script not perl

Hi Experts, I am querying backup status results for multiple databases and getting each and every database result in one csv file. so i need to combine all csv files in one excel file with separate tabs. I am not familiar with perl script so i am using shell script. Could anyone please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakrk2
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
YAPP(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  YAPP(1p)

NAME
yapp - A perl frontend to the Parse::Yapp module SYNOPSYS
yapp [options] grammar[.yp] yapp -V yapp -h DESCRIPTION
yapp is a frontend to the Parse::Yapp module, which lets you compile Parse::Yapp grammar input files into Perl LALR(1) OO parser modules. OPTIONS
Options, as of today, are all optionals :-) -v Creates a file grammar.output describing your parser. It will show you a summary of conflicts, rules, the DFA (Deterministic Finite Automaton) states and overall usage of the parser. -s Create a standalone module in which the driver is included. Note that if you have more than one parser module called from a program, to have it standalone, you need this option only for one of your parser module. -n Disable source file line numbering embedded in your parser module. I don't know why one should need it, but it's there. -m module Gives your parser module the package name (or name space or module name or class name or whatever-you-call-it) of module. It defaults to grammar -o outfile The compiled output file will be named outfile for your parser module. It defaults to grammar.pm or, if you specified the option -m A::Module::Name (see below), to Name.pm. -t filename The -t filename option allows you to specify a file which should be used as template for generating the parser output. The default is to use the internal template defined in Parse::Yapp::Output.pm. For how to write your own template and which substitutions are available, have a look to the module Parse::Yapp::Output.pm : it should be obvious. -b shebang If you work on systems that understand so called shebangs, and your generated parser is directly an executable script, you can specifie one with the -b option, ie: yapp -b '/usr/local/bin/perl -w' -o myscript.pl myscript.yp This will output a file called myscript.pl whose very first line is: #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w The argument is mandatory, but if you specify an empty string, the value of $Config{perlpath} will be used instead. grammar The input grammar file. If no suffix is given, and the file does not exists, an attempt to open the file with a suffix of .yp is tried before exiting. -V Display current version of Parse::Yapp and gracefully exits. -h Display the usage screen. BUGS
None known now :-) AUTHOR
Francois Desarmenien <francois@fdesar.net> COPYRIGHT
(c) Copyright 1998-1999 Francois Desarmenien, all rights reserved. See Parse::Yapp(3) for legal use and distribution rights SEE ALSO
Parse::Yapp(3) Perl(1) yacc(1) bison(1) perl v5.10.1 2001-02-11 YAPP(1p)