Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mmap() on 64 bit m/c
Operating Systems Solaris mmap() on 64 bit m/c Post 302317840 by vin_pll on Wednesday 20th of May 2009 05:40:51 AM
Old 05-20-2009
mmap() on 64 bit m/c

Dear Experts,

i have a problem related to mmap(), when i run my program on sun for 64 bit which is throwing SIGBUS when it encounters mmap() function, what is the reason how to resolve this one, because it is working for 32 bit.

with regards,
vidya.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

migrating unix mp-ras 32 bit to linux suse 64 bit

Hi. I need to migrate the whole unix environment from a Unix mp-ras 32 bit to a Linux Suse 64 bit. 1) can i use cpio to copy the data? 2) can i just copy the users from unix to linux or do i have to create them by hand 3) are there any other concerns i should worry about? thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
ddi_mmap_get_model(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				    ddi_mmap_get_model(9F)

NAME
ddi_mmap_get_model - return data model type of current thread SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> uint_t ddi_mmap_get_model(void); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). DESCRIPTION
ddi_mmap_get_model() returns the C Language Type Model which the current thread expects. ddi_mmap_get_model() is used in combination with ddi_model_convert_from(9F) in the mmap(9E) driver entry point to determine whether there is a data model mismatch between the current thread and the device driver. The device driver might have to adjust the shape of data structures before exporting them to a user thread which supports a different data model. RETURN VALUES
DDI_MODEL_ILP32 Current thread expects 32-bit (ILP32) semantics. DDI_MODEL_LP64 Current thread expects 64-bit (LP64) semantics. DDI_FAILURE The ddi_mmap_get_model() function was not called from the mmap(9E) entry point. CONTEXT
The ddi_mmap_get_model() function can only be called from the mmap(9E) driver entry point. EXAMPLES
Example 1 : Using ddi_mmap_get_model() The following is an example of the mmap(9E) entry point and how to support 32-bit and 64-bit applications with the same device driver. struct data32 { int len; caddr32_t addr; }; struct data { int len; caddr_t addr; }; xxmmap(dev_t dev, off_t off, int prot) { struct data dtc; /* a local copy for clash resolution */ struct data *dp = (struct data *)shared_area; switch (ddi_model_convert_from(ddi_mmap_get_model())) { case DDI_MODEL_ILP32: { struct data32 *da32p; da32p = (struct data32 *)shared_area; dp = &dtc; dp->len = da32p->len; dp->address = da32->address; break; } case DDI_MODEL_NONE: break; } /* continues along using dp */ ... } SEE ALSO
mmap(9E), ddi_model_convert_from(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 8 Feb 2001 ddi_mmap_get_model(9F)