Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ufs file system
Operating Systems Solaris ufs file system Post 302317791 by jlliagre on Wednesday 20th of May 2009 03:09:13 AM
Old 05-20-2009
What application ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris File system question ( UFS )

Hello all, I'm ufs file system, how can u use the same disk in another machine with the data in tact? to make it clear, I've an ufs FS in a mount point /file1 ( 8GB). now they decide to reintall the OS. After the reinstall, how can i get the same data as it is? will mounting the disk as /file1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

increasing ufs file system size in solaris

How do i increase the filesystem size on a root partition? There is a slice with root on it, its like 2 gigs and nothing else is broken out except home. I want to increase root filesystem (and slice) and break out /usr and /var. This is solaris 9, only has solaris volume manager on it. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

3. Solaris

How to remove a ufs file system?

Hello, On a box with Solaris 10 I created a ufs file system and now I need to remove that file system. How do I remove a ufs file system on Solaris 10? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmichner
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UFS CD-ROM file-writing in Windows?

Is it possible to write files in a Windows application, in UFS, onto a CDROM that can then be read by a SUN workstation? If so, can anyone point me in the direction of an application that can let me do this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NeilAtkins
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Splitting a 35GB UFS file

Hi All, I want to split the below files. 1. A 35GB text file into multiple 2GB files. Does the split utility supports 35GB files? 2. If I compress the above file it takes it down to 14GB, But now I want to split this (.Z) file also to multiple files of 2GB each. Does split work on .Z... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: max29583
1 Replies

6. Solaris

UFS File System Periodically Corrupted - What to check?

The system is a SunFire V440 running SunOS 5.10 About once every 3-4 weeks, the system will reboot into single user mode on its own, and then I run svcs -xv, the filesystem service and dependent services will be disabled due to the metadisk file system being corrupted. The I've been doing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: the.gooch
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Mount ufs in ZFS system

Hi..I have installed Solaris 5.10 update 9 with ZFS system with RAID1. It is to be integrated with SAN which is UFS and . It is getting mounted but when i am rebooting server,it is getting removed from system. Pls let me know what all step need to follow for this. Thanks !! (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: deljatt
15 Replies

8. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

9. Solaris

restore dump from veritas format using ufs file system

hi all i have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
3 Replies

10. Solaris

how to restore backup from veritas vm in ufs file system

Hi all I have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. backup was taken... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
0 Replies
ff_ufs(1M)						  System Administration Commands						ff_ufs(1M)

NAME
ff_ufs - list file names and statistics for a ufs file system SYNOPSIS
ff -F ufs [generic_options] [ -o a,m,s] special... DESCRIPTION
ff prints the pathnames and inode numbers of files in the file system which resides on the special device special. See ff(1M) for information regarding the ff command. See OPTIONS for information regarding the ufs-specific options. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -o Specify ufs file system specific options. The following options available are: a Print the `.' and `..' directory entries. m Print mode information. This option must be specified in conjunction with the -i i-node-list option (see ff(1M)). s Print only special files and files with set-user-ID mode. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
find(1), ff(1M), ncheck(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Feb 1997 ff_ufs(1M)