Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Prstat - Average Value too high Post 302317773 by mpics66 on Wednesday 20th of May 2009 01:47:49 AM
Old 05-20-2009
Bro jlliagre,

The load is o.k now , what i was concerned it the load average value information, please read the below link ,, every where it states a load value of 5 is considered high CPU utilization, but if 5 is too high , i can't understand why i am gettimg above 500..

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=30362&seqNum=3

My box is E6900/32 CPU /262144 Megabytes RAM/Sol 10

Thanks!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun: High kernel usage & very high load averages

Hi, I am seeing very high kernel usage and very high load averages on my system (Although we are not loading much data to our database). Here is the output of top...does anyone know what i should be looking at? Thanks, Lorraine last pid: 13144; load averages: 22.32, 19.81, 16.78 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorrainenineill
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

High cpu load average

Hi Buddies, Thanx for reading my first post... After googling a lot and searching so many forums I am feeling down a bit... Please don't mind my ignorence, and my grammer ... :) My server is running RHEL 2.6.9-5.EL. The cpu load is going higher than roof, almost 100 sometimes. I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

prstat

hi all, am writing a ksh script on solaris 9 to get the number of threads taken by a process. am using the prstat -p command to do this. output i get is : :"/export/home/user" > prstat -p 25528 | cut -f2 -d/ NLWP 203 Total: 1 processes, 203 lwps, load averages: 2.58, 3.24, 3.62... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

4. Solaris

prstat

hi all, was trying to figure out how busy my app was by looking at the performance of the app server. did a 'prstat -s rss' command to find the app servers using most memory. Found a command 'prstat -m' which is meant to show more details on each pid but the output of this command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determining cause behind high load average

How to determine what is causing high load average in a system? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

High load average troubleshoot

Hi all, hope you can help me. I'm getting high load average and can't find a reason for this, please share your inputs. load average: 7.78, 7.50, 7.31 Tasks: 330 total, 1 running, 329 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie Cpu0 : 7.0%us, 1.0%sy, 0.0%ni, 23.9%id, 0.0%wa, 38.9%hi,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erick_tuk
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

High load average in idle state

With linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2199.nptlsmp (I know, it's very old) Sometimes Load average increases to big value (over 7) but my 4 vCPU are in idle state (5% busy every cpu). My web procedure was gone down so I found out that process (with 4732 process id, see my following output) was in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zio_mangrovia
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

High Load average | vmstat hints what ?

TOP: top - 17:09:39 up 47 days, 1:34, 13 users, load average: 6.54, 10.96, 11.27 Tasks: 274 total, 3 running, 271 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie Cpu0 : 6.0%us, 44.9%sy, 0.0%ni, 48.8%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.3%si, 0.0%st Cpu1 : 6.3%us, 44.4%sy, 0.0%ni, 48.0%id, 0.3%wa, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunn3r
2 Replies
NNCHECK(1)						      General Commands Manual							NNCHECK(1)

NAME
nncheck - check for unread articles SYNOPSIS
nncheck [ -Q -r -t ] [ -f format ] DESCRIPTION
nncheck will report if there are some articles on the system which you have not read. Without options, nncheck will simply print a message reporting the number of unread articles with the following format: There are 327 unread articles in 25 groups and when there are no unread articles, the following message will be printed: No News (is good news) nncheck will exit with a value of 0 if there are unread articles, and 99 if there is no news (see the exception for the -r option.) It is important to notice that even though unread articles have been reported by nncheck, the actual number of unread articles may be much lower (or even zero) when nn is invoked to read the articles. This is because the calculation of the number of unread articles is only based on recorded article number intervals. Invoking nn to read the articles may reveal that the articles have previously been read in another news group, have been expired, or are killed using the auto-kill facility. The following options are used to modify the amount and format of the output from nncheck: -Q Quiet operation. No output is produced, only the exit status indicate whether there is unread news. -t Print the name of each group with unread articles, and how many unread articles there are (not counting split digests!). -r Output a single integer value specifying the number of unread articles, and exit with a 0 status (somebody told me this would be useful). -f format Output the number of unread articles using the specified format. The format is a text that may contain the following %-escapes: %-code resulting output %u "uuu unread articles" %g "ggg groups" %i "is" if 1 unread article, else "are" %U "uuu" %G "ggg" where uuu is the number of unread articles, and ggg is the number of groups with unread articles. For example, the default output format is "There %i %u in %g" which I prefer to the following less perfect format: "There are %U unread article(s) in %G group(s)" FILES
~/.newsrc The record of read articles $db/MASTER The database master index SEE ALSO
nn(1), nngoback(1), nngrab(1), nngrep(1), nnpost(1), nntidy(1) nnadmin(1M), nnusage(1M), nnmaster(1M) AUTHOR
Kim F. Storm, Texas Instruments A/S, Denmark E-mail: storm@texas.dk 4th Berkeley Distribution Release 6.6 NNCHECK(1)