Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ability to run sas prog on remote server using SSH Post 302317757 by coolavi on Wednesday 20th of May 2009 12:42:40 AM
Old 05-20-2009
Ability to run sas prog on remote server using SSH

Hi,
I am trying to run a sas prog on a remote server using ssh.

I have got the command that I am using in the below paragraph. With it, I was able to run shell scripts but when I tried 'sas' it errored out. I have got my keys exchanged so when I say ssh serverA I automatically connect to my remote server. (Note: All the commands in the quotations run one by one when they hit a semi-colon). I am running this on an AIX box.

When I run the below I get an error ksh: sas: not found.

ssh serverA "cd /directory/sas; pwd;ls; sas avi.sas"

Any help would be appreciated. I was thinking to do this in the above fashion. If there are any other suggestions on how to run a sas job on a remote server, please enlighten me.

Thanks,
Cool_avi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues using ssh from crontab to run remote script from

I have a solaris9 x86 server using ssh as follows: SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0, protocol versions 1.5/2.0. The remote server solaris9 sparc has exactly the same version ssh installed. I am running a script on my server which includes the following command to run a script on the remote server:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Closing ssh when process run on remote

Hi! I currently run a very long script (two hour left...) on a remote computer through a ssh session. I wonder whats happend if I close the ssh session, or even, the terminal. Is the script running on remote will stop? Thanks for your answers, Tp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tipi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Remote login to VIO's (padmin) and run oem_setup_env

Hello all, I have been trying to run commands that collect basic info from the VIO's The issue I am having is setting the env with the "oem_setup_env" after I login as "padmin". I usually do the following: ssh server command ssh root@server date , but I need to login set the env and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfezz1
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on how to exit a script run on a server from a remote server

hi, I am using the below line to run a script from remote server(say server A) to another server(say server B). ssh username@servername ksh script name. The issue is the script logs into server B, executes the script on server B, transfers the file to server A but does not exit from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use ssh to run shell script on a remote machine?

how to use ssh to run shell script on a remote machine? ssh user@remote sh ./script.unx i ran the above command ./script.unx HAS NOHUP COMMAND IN ITS BODY, I AM GETTING ERROR AS NOHUP NOT FOUND... i tried to run that script from remote server, its working fine do ineed to set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run scripts on remote server

I have a sql script in my parent server - host1 i can do a passwordless ssh to remote server - host1a and host1b Can i run the sql script which is present in host1 by connecting to host1a and host1b. Should i place the sql script in host1a and host1b ? Is there a way i can run without placing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagesh_1985
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi server access through remote server using ssh

Team, Presently I have 5 ip address kept in ip_abc1 file, for each of the ip address listed, i need to login on each ipaddress one at a time and login as below for that specific ip address ssh -p 8101 karaf@<ip.address_for the specific ip address as logged in> password features:list... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run commands on remote server using ssh password less authentication?

Hi, I need to run a script located in a directory on remote server by using ssh authentication from my local unix server. Can anyone help me in this. I have tried the below command. It worked for echo command but when i tried to open a file using cat command it is showing "cat: cannot open... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
6 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Run a script at remote server without ssh password

Hello, What I want to do is to run a file on remote server by running a script at localhost but script should not ask ssh password of my remote server when script is executed. Scenario1: To copy files from server2 to data server:$ scp -r root@server2_ip:/var/www/html/*.* /var/ When I enter... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to run command on remote server?

Hi I am trying to write a script which when I run from server A it execute few command on another server say B and show me the output. below is the script but it is not showing me the o/p of B machine but instead showing me A machine o/p every time. #!/bin/bash for i in `cat... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
14 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)