Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help with korn shell array Post 302317586 by kieranfoley on Tuesday 19th of May 2009 11:04:14 AM
Old 05-19-2009
Thank you so much. "unset array" works now!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle To Korn Shell Array

I'm attempting to populate an array in ksh using the following command: set -A $(SELECT_INVOICE | sed '/^$/d') SELECT_INVOICE is a function that executes the SQL query. Problem: Some of the invoice numbers have alpha characters with spaces(example: OVEN MICRO). The Korn shell is treating... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdst
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell array?

I read it is possible to provide values for an array with the -A option to the read statement; however, I have not been able to get this to work. When I execute a script with the -A option to the read statement, the shell complains that it is an illegal option. If this works, can someone provide... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Korn Shell Array Issue (SunOS)

Hello, I'm currently messing around with arrays for the first time in scripting (Unix Korn Shell). All I'm trying to do right now before I make things complicated is read through and print out to screen whether the read file is or is not a directory. Here is my directory: ls -l total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janus
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't decalar an array in my korn shell script

I have a script that contains #!/usr/bin/ksh set -A X 'hallo' 'world' echo ${X} echo ${X} when I execute it I get an errror message sh ./test.ksh ./test.ksh: -A: bad option(s) but if I do this at the command prompt I am able to create it set -A myarray '1' '2' '3' echo ${myarray}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zilla30066
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Could someone give me an example of awk accessing array defined in Korn Shell?

As per title and much apprecieated! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: biglau
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate array name at run time Korn shell

Hi, I am trying to define number of array based on constant derived during execution phase of a script. Here is what i am trying.. #First Part, Get LUN input from User lun_count=4 count=0 set -A my_lun while : do while ]; do read L?"Enter Lun "$count" Number:" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris2107
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Array maximum value less than other value

I have a text file with several key words that I am trying to isolate. I have grepped for the unknowns in the text file, but each unknown has a corresponding location. I have created an array that holds all the unknowns and another array that holds all of the locations and compares them based on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ther2000
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

'*' vs. '@' in Korn Shell Array Variables

In order to use the shellcurses functions described at: Shell Curses function library I am learning about ksh, which has arrays. My trusty Kochan & Wood book says that for any Korn Shell array AR : ${AR } expands to all the defined array elements, and ${#AR } expands to the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append to array within conditional block in ksh/korn shell?

Hi, I have one array created and some values are there in ksh. I want to append some other values to it based on some condition in if statement. #!/bin/ksh echo "---------------------------------------------------" set -A ipaddr_arr $(egrep -v '^#|^::|^$' /etc/hosts |awk '{print $1}'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
2 Replies
asadmin-unset(1AS)						   User Commands						asadmin-unset(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-unset, unset - removes one or more variables from the multimode environment SYNOPSIS
unset env_var [env_var]* Removes one or more variables you set for the multimode environment. The variables and their associated values will no longer exist in the environment. OPERANDS
env_var environment variable to be removed. Example 1: Using unset to remove environment variables asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=password asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=******** AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service asadmin> unset AS_ADMIN_PREFIX asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=******** Using the export command without the argument lists the environment variables that are set. Notice the AS_ADMIN_PREFIX is not in the envi- ronment after running the unset command. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-export(1AS), asadmin-multimode(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-unset(1AS)