Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help required in this script. Post 302317564 by jojo123 on Tuesday 19th of May 2009 10:13:14 AM
Old 05-19-2009
Error Help required in this script.

Hi Everyone,

Please find below the script, I needed to understand step by stepSmilie. Please If someone can help me out i will be very greatfulSmilie.

Please Guide me in a way which can help me out in figuring what this script doing on my server.

========================================================
#!/bin/sh
time=`date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S`
echo $time":: process of modification started..."
while read abcd
do
dbaccess xyzdb << EOF >> db$abcd.log 2>&1
alter table $abcd add ( encrypt char(11) ) ;
create index idx_neuker on $abcd(insys_serial) ;
update statistics high for table $abcd(insys_serial);
create procedure p$abcd()
returning char(40);
DEFINE acc_num char(20);
DEFINE i integer;
DEFINE sum integer;
set debug file to 'pev_rech_yyyymmnn.log';
trace 'begin update';
let i = 0;
let sum=0;
begin work;
foreach up_cur with hold for
select insys_serial into acc_num from $abcd
update $abcd set encrypt=msisdn where insys_serial=acc_num;
let i=i+1;
let sum=sum+1;
if i=10000 then
trace 'record processed '||sum;
commit work;
let i=0;
begin work;
end if
end foreach
commit work;
trace 'procedure ok! total processed records are '||sum;
return "procedure complete!";
end procedure;
execute procedure p$abcd();
drop procedure p$abcd ;
drop index idx_neuker;
EOF
time=`date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S`
echo $time":: "$abcd" table is modified."
done < ab_done_yyyymm_tablenames.unl
=========================================================

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script help required!

Hi there, i am trying to create a script that checks for the existence of users on the system, if they exist then their details should print on the screen with a message that the id is in use. I am having a bit of trouble with it. Any ideas? Cheers Kev! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kev112
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script required

The line is like this +abc+def+mgh+ddsdsd+sa i.e. words seperated by +. There is a plus in the beginning. i want to conver this line to abc, def, mgh, ddsdsd, sa please provide the logic in the form of a shell script Thanks in advance (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script required

Hi All, I have file nodes.txt that contains node names one by one. I'm running the following command. /opt/OV/bin/ovet_topodump.ovpl -nodeif <nodename> -detail Field <nodename> should take (replace) the node names from the nodes.txt one by one till last node. Pls. give me script for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Required

Hello guys, Need a help.I have a flat file. QWER 2:35 7044 00001 ROUT 1188 EA SS ASD 2:36 7044 00010 ROUT BSD 2:37 7044 00011 ROUT END QWER 3:35 7044 00011 ROUT 1088 EA SS ASD 3:36 7044 00010 ROUT BSD 3:37 7044 00011 ROUT END QWER 2:35 7044 00001 ROUT 1188 EA SS ASD ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satadru
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting required fields from a test file in required fromat in unix

My data is something like shown below. date1 date2 aaa bbbb ccccc date3 date4 dddd eeeeeee ffffffffff ggggg hh I want the output like this date1date2 aaa eeeeee I serached in the forum but didn't find the exact matching solution. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required to get a script

Hi Experts, I am very beginner in Bash Shell Scripting. Can anyone please guide me to create a script which should show the most busy file systems in sort basis as there are a lot of file systems on the server. I was told this task to be done by my IT lead and I must have to do this in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script required

This is the input file contents "data",9999,"data",999 "ddd"y"dat","dat","dart" 9999,999,999,"dat" 99,78,"duhu"yes"duhu" I need the output file contents "data",9999,"data",999 "dddydat","dat","dart" 9999,999,999,"dat" 99,78,"duhuyesduhu" Please use code tags when posting data and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: polineni
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script required

Hey All, I am seeking for the script which will do as follows, 1) Login on one Unix server "Server1" 2) Want to access other Unix server "Server2", and want to get the information as, on one go. df -k /tmp df -k / df -k "any file system" 3) Re-direct the output to "space.txt" on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravinderkodan88
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Script:how to find how many parameters are required to run the script

How to find how many parameters are required to run a Perl script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to get the required o/p from my script

Hi Experts, I have a script as below : # cat a.sh var=`mysql -usupport -p'testing' -e "select count(1) from db_test.sampletable;"` echo $var the output of this script is : count(1) 145039 Now i want to remove header from my o/p and modify somewhat like 145039 I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
9 Replies
after(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  after(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
after - Execute a command after a time delay SYNOPSIS
after ms after ms ?script script script ...? after cancel id after cancel script script script ... after idle ?script script script ...? after info ?id? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to delay execution of the program or to execute a command in background sometime in the future. It has several forms, depending on the first argument to the command: after ms Ms must be an integer giving a time in milliseconds. The command sleeps for ms milliseconds and then returns. While the command is sleeping the application does not respond to events. after ms ?script script script ...? In this form the command returns immediately, but it arranges for a Tcl command to be executed ms milliseconds later as an event handler. The command will be executed exactly once, at the given time. The delayed command is formed by concatenating all the script arguments in the same fashion as the concat command. The command will be executed at global level (outside the context of any Tcl procedure). If an error occurs while executing the delayed command then the background error will be reported by the com- mand registered with interp bgerror. The after command returns an identifier that can be used to cancel the delayed command using after cancel. after cancel id Cancels the execution of a delayed command that was previously scheduled. Id indicates which command should be canceled; it must have been the return value from a previous after command. If the command given by id has already been executed then the after can- cel command has no effect. after cancel script script ... This command also cancels the execution of a delayed command. The script arguments are concatenated together with space separators (just as in the concat command). If there is a pending command that matches the string, it is cancelled and will never be executed; if no such command is currently pending then the after cancel command has no effect. after idle script ?script script ...? Concatenates the script arguments together with space separators (just as in the concat command), and arranges for the resulting script to be evaluated later as an idle callback. The script will be run exactly once, the next time the event loop is entered and there are no events to process. The command returns an identifier that can be used to cancel the delayed command using after can- cel. If an error occurs while executing the script then the background error will be reported by the command registered with interp bgerror. after info ?id? This command returns information about existing event handlers. If no id argument is supplied, the command returns a list of the identifiers for all existing event handlers created by the after command for this interpreter. If id is supplied, it specifies an existing handler; id must have been the return value from some previous call to after and it must not have triggered yet or been cancelled. In this case the command returns a list with two elements. The first element of the list is the script associated with id, and the second element is either idle or timer to indicate what kind of event handler it is. The after ms and after idle forms of the command assume that the application is event driven: the delayed commands will not be executed unless the application enters the event loop. In applications that are not normally event-driven, such as tclsh, the event loop can be entered with the vwait and update commands. EXAMPLES
This defines a command to make Tcl do nothing at all for N seconds: proc sleep {N} { after [expr {int($N * 1000)}] } This arranges for the command wake_up to be run in eight hours (providing the event loop is active at that time): after [expr {1000 * 60 * 60 * 8}] wake_up The following command can be used to do long-running calculations (as represented here by ::my_calc::one_step, which is assumed to return a boolean indicating whether another step should be performed) in a step-by-step fashion, though the calculation itself needs to be arranged so it can work step-wise. This technique is extra careful to ensure that the event loop is not starved by the rescheduling of processing steps (arranging for the next step to be done using an already-triggered timer event only when the event queue has been drained) and is useful when you want to ensure that a Tk GUI remains responsive during a slow task. proc doOneStep {} { if {[::my_calc::one_step]} { after idle [list after 0 doOneStep] } } doOneStep SEE ALSO
concat(n), interp(n), update(n), vwait(n) KEYWORDS
cancel, delay, idle callback, sleep, time Tcl 7.5 after(n)