Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Processor id/name
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Processor id/name Post 302317539 by amitranjansahu on Tuesday 19th of May 2009 09:17:49 AM
Old 05-19-2009
another command for cpu details

psrinfo -v

or /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processor

From a PROM ok prompt I have typed banner. This returned this info SunSPARCStation20 (1X390Z50) ...... Okay, I read that the 1x390z50 is the processor type. How can I found out the speed of these processor? Is it 50mhz? Don't know but I am curious. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwbrown
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking no of processor

Is there any other command to check no of processor rather than prtconf -v, prtdiag -v, banner (on boot PROM) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abi
3 Replies

3. AIX

Intel Processor

hello World I Hope to know Why AIX don't Run under INTEL Processor ?? If Any Project Is expected to make AiX to run Under INTEL Processor ??? Thank you ALL (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mktahar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get Processor Id

Hi Everyone I am new to unix. I ahve few quries that i would like to post. Is there any way by which i get the unique processor Id. Actually i am unable to find any logic and method to get access to Processor Id. Is it possible to get it. I read it on Intel site that the new processor do no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atul.saxena
1 Replies

5. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

6. AIX

Processor and processor core

Guys... Hows it going??? I have been going through the hardware spec of IBM system p systems.. and here i am confused for IBM Power 520 Express it says Processor cores: One, two or four 64-bit 4.2 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processor bits

Hi friends pls let me know how to find sun processor is 32 bits or 64 bits through command line. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragbirje
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processor and Its speed

Hi I need a command to know how many processors are available and what is their speed in UNIX. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diksha2207
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

m4 processor (how to use)

hi, what plugins i need to install to run m4 processor in bash shell. Also, what is the file extension for m4 processor ( like .cc in c ). Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help for processor

hello Admins, how to find number of processor in unix machine. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinkumarr89
2 Replies
psradm(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 psradm(8)

NAME
psradm, offline, online - Stops and starts processors in a multiprocessor system SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/psradm -f [-v] [[-a] [processor_id...]] /usr/sbin/psradm -n [-v] [[-a] [processor_id...]] /usr/sbin/online [-v] [processor_id...] /usr/sbin/offline [-v] [processor_id...] OPTIONS
The following options apply only to the psradm command: Specifies that all the processors except the master processor be put off line or on line. Puts the specified processor off line. Puts the specified processor on line. The following option applies to all forms of the command: Displays a message about the status of the operation performed on each processor. DESCRIPTION
On a multiprocessor system, the psradm command puts one or more processors off line (stops a processor) or on line (starts a processor). The processor_id variable specifies an integer that uniquely identifies a processor. Use the psrinfo command to display processor identi- fication numbers. The offline command puts one or more processors off line (stops a processor). If no processors are specified, all processors that are on line are stopped except the master processor. The online command puts one or more processors on line (starts a processor). If no processors are specified, all processors that are off line are started. Note that you cannot use these commands to start or stop the master processor in a multiprocessor system. You must be the root user to use this command. The /var/adm/wtmp file contains information about successful processor state transitions. RESTRICTION
Do not use the psradm command to disable CPUs when benchmarking performance, because the command does not provide an accurate reflection of the performance of a system that actually has fewer CPUs. Accurate performance results are obtained only when you disable the CPUs at the SRM console command level. EXAMPLES
The following command puts processors 2 and 3 off line: # psradm -f 2 3 The following command puts all the processors on line: # psradm -n -a The following command puts all processors on line: # online -v FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: pset_info(1), psrinfo(1) Files: processor_sets(4) psradm(8)