Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need some help with shell content scanner Post 302317529 by medic on Tuesday 19th of May 2009 08:22:05 AM
Old 05-19-2009
Question Need some help with shell content scanner

Just started to create my own small content scanner that searches all the visible files on my server, but now I got stuck. It should be used to scan the files for phrases like in the following example.

What I tried is the following code:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
find /home/userid*/public_html/ -size -307200k -exec grep -H -n -i -l 'www.exampleurl1.com/favicon.ico\|www.exampleurl2.com/v/' > /home/mypath/scan_content.php {} \;

That code first finds all the files within all public_html folders that are not larger than 307200k follows with scanning the content of that files.

Now that worked fine for the first few thousand files, but now it stopped working. I thing there are to many files so that grep cant read all of them or something else. There is no error or something, the process just keeps alive but with a cpu & mem usage of 0 and that forever.

So it would be great if someone has an idea of how to write that scanner to ensure that it also works with a few hundred thousand files.

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

log file scanner

anyone know of a FREE logfile checker that they would recommend? looking to scan thru syslog, sulog, messages, etc... looking for security type related entries., thanks, brian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to edit the content of a file

Hi I need some help using shell script to edit a file. My original file has the following format: /txt/email/myemail.txt /txt/email/myemail2.txt /pdf/email/myemail.pdf /pdf/email/myemail2.pdf /doc/email/myemail.doc /doc/email/myemail2.doc I need to read each line. If the path is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger99
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to remove some content in a file

How can I remove all data that contain domain e.g zzgh@something.com, sdd@something.com.my and gg@something.my in one file? so that i only have data without the domain in the file. Here is the file structure "test.out" more test.out 1 zzztop@b.com 1 zzzulll 1 zzzullll@s.com.my ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need get content of ELF shell script

I have a script file that file type is ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, dynamically linked (uses shared libs) Now I want to get the contents of this file. How can I ? Any help me to get cotents of this file type? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthickk02
2 Replies

5. Linux

micro film scanner

epson microfilm 500 scsi: Is there any way to make this work under linux ? I'm using pclinuxos, it shows the machine in the device panel as sg2 and lists the machine , so Im guessing the kernel knows what it is, but I can't view it as a scanner or capture or input device . What catagory does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom1200
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell :copying the content from one file to another

I have a log containing the below lines. file1.log ----------- module: module1 module10 module2 module002 module9 moduleRT100.2.1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

IP Scanner tool

Hey guys.. What is the best tool that can be used on Linux for IP scanning tool that can bring ping status, hostname, and any other open service. I wish I can find a tool like "The Dude" from Mikrotik, but that works only under Windows. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
4 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Can Scanner be Initialized from the Terminal

Hi, somewhat of a newbie with Linux, although I have been at it for about three weeks now. Is there a way to wake up or initialize my scanner with a command in the terminal? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: klrman
6 Replies

9. Hardware

Epson Scanner

Running Debian 8.5 on a Dell Laptop I have an Epson V39 scanner. Simple scan cannot detect it. Here is what I have: root@server1:/home/server1# sane-find-scanner # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the # result is different from what you expected, first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
2 Replies
Perl::PrereqScanner(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Perl::PrereqScanner(3pm)

NAME
Perl::PrereqScanner - a tool to scan your Perl code for its prerequisites VERSION
version 1.012 SYNOPSIS
use Perl::PrereqScanner; my $scanner = Perl::PrereqScanner->new; my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_ppi_document( $ppi_doc ); my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_file( $file_path ); my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_string( $perl_code ); DESCRIPTION
The scanner will extract loosely your distribution prerequisites from your files. The extraction may not be perfect but tries to do its best. It will currently find the following prereqs: o plain lines beginning with "use" or "require" in your perl modules and scripts, including minimum perl version o regular inheritance declared with the "base" and "parent" pragmata o Moose inheritance declared with the "extends" keyword o Moose roles included with the "with" keyword o OO namespace aliasing using the "aliased" module Scanner Plugins Perl::PrereqScanner works by running a series of scanners over a PPI::Document representing the code to scan. By default the "Perl5", "Moose", "TestMore", "POE", and "Aliased" scanners are run. You can supply your own scanners when constructing your PrereqScanner: # Us only the Perl5 scanner: my $scanner = Perl::PrereqScanner->new({ scanners => [ qw(Perl5) ] }); # Use any stock scanners, plus Example: my $scanner = Perl::PrereqScanner->new({ extra_scanners => [ qw(Example) ] }); METHODS
scan_string my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_string( $perl_code ); Given a string containing Perl source code, this method returns a CPAN::Meta::Requirements object describing the modules it requires. This method will throw an exception if PPI fails to parse the code. scan_file my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_file( $path ); Given a file path to a Perl document, this method returns a CPAN::Meta::Requirements object describing the modules it requires. This method will throw an exception if PPI fails to parse the code. scan_ppi_document my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_ppi_document( $ppi_doc ); Given a PPI::Document, this method returns a CPAN::Meta::Requirements object describing the modules it requires. AUTHORS
o Jerome Quelin o Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2009 by Jerome Quelin. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-27 Perl::PrereqScanner(3pm)