Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users A variable and sum of its value in a huge data. Post 302317431 by ghostdog74 on Tuesday 19th of May 2009 02:36:03 AM
Old 05-19-2009
you can format your ps output using -o option, eg ps -eo args,pid ...check the man page for more info

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from a huge file?

Hi, I have a huge file of bibliographic records in some standard format.I need a script to do some repeatable task as follows: 1. Needs to create folders as the strings starts with "item_*" from the input file 2. Create a file "contents" in each folders having "license.txt(tab... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a huge data into few different files?!

Input file data contents: >seq_1 MSNQSPPQSQRPGHSHSHSHSHAGLASSTSSHSNPSANASYNLNGPRTGGDQRYRASVDA >seq_2 AGAAGRGWGRDVTAAASPNPRNGGGRPASDLLSVGNAGGQASFASPETIDRWFEDLQHYE >seq_3 ATLEEMAAASLDANFKEELSAIEQWFRVLSEAERTAALYSLLQSSTQVQMRFFVTVLQQM ARADPITALLSPANPGQASMEAQMDAKLAAMGLKSPASPAVRQYARQSLSGDTYLSPHSA... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy huge data into vi editor

Hi All, HP-UX dev4 B.11.11 U 9000/800 3251073457 I need to copy huge data from windows text file to vi editor. when I tried copy huge data, the format of data is not preserverd and appered to scatterd through the vi, something like give below. Please let me know, how can I correct this? ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a number in very very huge amount of data

Hi, I have to search a number in a very long listing of files.the total size of the files in which I have to search is 10 Tera Bytes. How to search a number in such a huge amount of data effectively.I used fgrep but it is taking many hours to search. Is there any other feasible solution to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Disk is Full but really does not contain huge data

Hi All, My disk usage show 100 % . When I check “df –kh” it shows my root partition is full. But when I run the “du –skh /” shows only 7 GB is used. Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda1 30G 28G 260MB 100% / How I can identify who is using the 20 GB of memory. Os: Centos... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aggregation of huge data

Hi Friends, I have a file with sample amount data as follows: -89990.3456 8788798.990000128 55109787.20 -12455558989.90876 I need to exclude the '-' symbol in order to treat all values as an absolute one and then I need to sum up.The record count is around 1 million. How... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravichander
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk does not work well with huge data?

Dear all , I found that if we work with thousands line of data, awk does not work perfectly. It will cut hundreds line (others are deleted) and works only on the remain data. I used this command : awk '$1==1{$1="Si"}{print>FILENAME}' coba.xyz to change value of first column whose value is 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariesto
4 Replies

8. Solaris

The Fastest for copy huge data

Dear Experts, I would like to know what's the best method for copy data around 3 mio (spread in a hundred folders, size each file around 1kb) between 2 servers? I already tried using Rsync and tar command. But using these command is too long. Please advice. Thanks Edy (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Phrase XML with Huge Data

HI Guys, I have Big XML file with Below Format :- Input :- <pokl>MKL=1,FN=1,GBNo=B10C</pokl> <d>192</d> <d>315</d> <d>35</d> <d>0,7,8</d> <pokl>MKL=1,dFN=1,GBNo=B11C</pokl> <d>162</d> <d>315</d> <d>35</d> <d>0,5,6</d> <pokl>MKL=1,dFN=1,GBNo=B12C</pokl> <d>188</d> (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Optimization shell/awk script to aggreagte (sum) for all the columns of Huge data file

Optimization shell/awk script to aggregate (sum) for all the columns of Huge data file File delimiter "|" Need to have Sum of all columns, with column number : aggregation (summation) for each column File not having the header Like below - Column 1 "Total Column 2 : "Total ... ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikirans
2 Replies
GPG-ZIP(1)							 GNU Privacy Guard							GPG-ZIP(1)

NAME
gpg-zip - Encrypt or sign files into an archive SYNOPSIS
gpg-zip [options] filename1 [ filename2, ... ] directory1 [ directory2, ... ] DESCRIPTION
gpg-zip encrypts or signs files into an archive. It is an gpg-ized tar using the same format as used by PGP's PGP Zip. OPTIONS
gpg-zip understands these options: --encrypt -e Encrypt data. This option may be combined with --symmetric (for output that may be decrypted via a secret key or a passphrase). --decrypt -d Decrypt data. --symmetric -c Encrypt with a symmetric cipher using a passphrase. The default symmetric cipher used is CAST5, but may be chosen with the --cipher-algo option to gpg. --sign -s Make a signature. See gpg. --recipient user -r user Encrypt for user id user. See gpg. --local-user user -u user Use user as the key to sign with. See gpg. --list-archive List the contents of the specified archive. --output file -o file Write output to specified file file. --gpg gpgcmd Use the specified command gpgcmd instead of gpg. --gpg-args args Pass the specified options to gpg. --tar tarcmd Use the specified command tarcmd instead of tar. --tar-args args Pass the specified options to tar. --version Print version of the program and exit. --help Display a brief help page and exit. EXAMPLES
Encrypt the contents of directory 'mydocs' for user Bob to file 'test1': gpg-zip --encrypt --output test1 --gpg-args -r Bob mydocs List the contents of archive 'test1': gpg-zip --list-archive test1 DIAGNOSTICS
The program returns 0 if everything was fine, 1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
gpg(1), tar(1), The full documentation for this tool is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If GnuPG and the info program are properly installed at your site, the command info gnupg should give you access to the complete manual including a menu structure and an index. GnuPG 2.0.22 2014-06-10 GPG-ZIP(1)