Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unconfigure using cfgadm
Operating Systems Solaris unconfigure using cfgadm Post 302317381 by incredible on Monday 18th of May 2009 10:27:02 PM
Old 05-18-2009
reboot is required to get it off.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

cfgadm - is this an error?

# cfgadm -al Ap_Id Type Receptacle Occupant Condition c0 scsi-bus connected configured unknown c0::dsk/c0t0d0 CD-ROM connected configured unknown c1 scsi-bus ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Issue with cfgadm

I have an issue with on T3-Lun where Veritas dont like it anymore and OS-system have issues with it too. So I thought to unconfigure it but even that does not work cfgadm -al | grep c17 c17::50020f230000eae0 disk connected unconfigured unkown then I tried a cfgadm -c unconfigure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Remove old subpaths from vxvm/format/cfgadm

Hi, I`m having a server, that was initially having 2 HBA`s, and dmpnodes were creates with 2 subpaths: # vxdisk -o alldgs list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: masloff
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Hot swapping disks on V240 - blue light not lit after cfgadm -c unconfigure

Hot swapping a drive on V240. So, I do cfgadm -c unconfigure <disk>. Then cfgadm -al reports disk as unconfigured as expected. format then tells me there is no disk. BUT, blue light does not come on. Done the exact same command on my V440 and blue light does come on. V240 Server Admin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
0 Replies
reboot(2)							System Calls Manual							 reboot(2)

NAME
reboot - Reboots system or halts processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> void reboot( int howto ); PARAMETERS
Specifies a mask of options. DESCRIPTION
The reboot() function restarts the system. The startup is automatic and brings up /vmunix in the normal, nonmaintenance mode. The calling process must have superuser privilege to run this function successfully. However, a reboot is invoked automatically in the event of unre- coverable system failures. The following options, defined in the sys/reboot.h include file are passed to the new kernel or the new bootstrap and init programs. They are supplied as values to the howto parameter. The default, causing the system to reboot in its usual fashion. Dump kernel memory before rebooting; see the savecore command for more information. The processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place. The disks are not sync'd before the processor is halted or rebooted. Normally, the disks are sync'd (see the sync() command) before the processor is halted or rebooted. Because the disks are not sync'd with the RB_NOSYNC option, loss of data may result from using it. When no options are given (that is, RB_AUTOBOOT is used), the system is rebooted from file vmunix in the root file system of unit 0 (zero) of a disk chosen in a processor-specific way. (see the fsck command). RETURN VALUES
If successful, this call does not return. Otherwise, a -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the reboot() function fails, errno may be set to the following value: The calling process does not have appropriate privilege. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: crashdc(8), halt(8), init(8), reboot(8), savecore(8) delim off reboot(2)