Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Need to run UNIX exe on apple Post 302317274 by [MA]Flying_Meat on Monday 18th of May 2009 12:38:53 PM
Old 05-18-2009
Get Iceberg package making software and create an empty package with an install executable script that runs your command/s. You'll probably need to make the script owner root before adding it to the package.

You can then push the package to the target machines and it should run.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run an exe from different folder

Am trying to run a exe on my unix machine from a different folder. For instance, i have a perl file in a folder /home/asif/runprj.pl which runs a exe in a different folder /home/projects/cobsat/a.out and my perl file is something like this #!/usr/bin/perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Asif Ali
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

not able to run base64 exe

Hi, I have copied base64.exe under base64-1.3 folder and i am trying to run base64.exe from another folder called Request. But i am getting the following error message. mga.ksh: base64: not found Please let me know how to execute the base64.exe from a directory where it is not installed. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lotus123
0 Replies

3. Linux

How to run .exe

Hai, is there any way to run an .exe file in unix environment . i have read that WINE HQ supports this concept but its very inconsistent and upto the user risk . but i tried WINE but iam not able to configure it can any one help me in this matter Regards Sanju (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjustudy
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to run .exe file

Hello, I have an test.exe file under a directory. When i execute the .exe file directory from the prompt, i get following error: $ test.exe <enter> ksh: test.exe: not found How do i solve this error? TIA, Ramesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brap45
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is it possible to run .exe in unix

hi friends i want to know if its possible to run windows exe files in unix.... i know the file system in windows and unix are totally different. but is there any application which allows this???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
2 Replies

6. Programming

I have C++ exe file( no source code) and need to run many large dataset under unix, b

I have C++ exe file( no source code) and need to run many large dataset under unix, but how to know the memeroy usage for one dataset?http://www.codeproject.com/script/Forums/Images/New.gif I think "top" is not good and if using the profiler, it seems no free download, any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Danielwang1986
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compile .exe, run in unix.

Hi all, I am using putty to access my school unix servers. I have recently downloaded a source file of a software in .tar format. I change the code of the program and compile it in VS8 and build an .exe file. 1) I copy the .exe file to my school account but I could not make it work. How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkullana
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

can I run a exe which is at bin dir from my script.

Hello forum memebers. I have command which is exe of C- program from my script.i am writing a script which is under path /abc/xyz/test.sh. the script consist the command which is the exe of c-prog and the exe is present in the /abc/xyz/bin.if run the command from the /abc/xyz its running and if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run exe files in unix

Hi I have a open source tool called table text comparator Link to download that tool: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/csv_file_comparison.html I wish to run this tool in our unix servers. In windows O.S i just have to unzip and i can use this tool by running the .exe file. So i want to know how... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh_more
6 Replies

10. Solaris

How to run putty.exe file in server?

Hi, I want to run putty.exe in Solaris server.My main aim is to invoke the putty.exe in Solaris server from a web application(.jsp) deployed in the server so that putty terminal should open. Thanks in advance (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaithanyaa
11 Replies
DH_INSTALLSYSTEMD(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLSYSTEMD(1)

NAME
dh_installsystemd - install systemd unit files SYNOPSIS
dh_installsystemd [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [--no-enable] [--name=name] [unitfile...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installsystemd is a debhelper program that is responsible for enabling, disabling, starting, stopping and restarting systemd unit files. In the simple case, it finds all unit files installed by a package (e.g. bacula-fd.service) and enables them. It is not necessary that the machine actually runs systemd during package installation time, enabling happens on all machines in order to be able to switch from sysvinit to systemd and back. For only generating blocks for specific service files, you need to pass them as arguments, e.g. dh_installsystemd quota.service and dh_installsystemd --name=quotarpc quotarpc.service. FILES
debian/package.service, debian/package@.service If this exists, it is installed into lib/systemd/system/package.service (or lib/systemd/system/package@.service) in the package build directory. debian/package.tmpfile If this exists, it is installed into usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/package.conf in the package build directory. (The tmpfiles.d mechanism is currently only used by systemd.) debian/package.target, debian/package@.target If this exists, it is installed into lib/systemd/system/package.target (or lib/systemd/system/package@.target) in the package build directory. debian/package.socket, debian/package@.socket If this exists, it is installed into lib/systemd/system/package.socket (or lib/systemd/system/package@.socket) in the package build directory. debian/package.mount If this exists, it is installed into lib/systemd/system/package.mount in the package build directory. debian/package.path, debian/package@.path If this exists, it is installed into lib/systemd/system/package.path (or lib/systemd/system/package@.path) in the package build directory. debian/package.timer, debian/package@.timer If this exists, it is installed into lib/systemd/system/package.timer (or lib/systemd/system/package@.timer) in the package build directory. OPTIONS
--no-enable Disable the service(s) on purge, but do not enable them on install. Note that this option does not affect whether the services are started. Please remember to also use --no-start if the service should not be started. --name=name Install the service file as name.service instead of the default filename, which is the package.service. When this parameter is used, dh_installsystemd looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.service instead of the usual debian/package.service. Moreover, maintainer scripts are only generated for units that match the given name. --restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is the default behaviour in compat 10. In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. --no-restart-after-upgrade Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10). If no other options are given, this will cause the service to be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script. -r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop service on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a corresponding init script). Note that this option does not affect whether the services are enabled. Please remember to also use --no-enable if the services should not be enabled. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments). Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHORS
pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLSYSTEMD(1)