Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using perl or awk to print output Post 302317212 by ghostdog74 on Monday 18th of May 2009 10:11:46 AM
Old 05-18-2009
you are already exposed to perl/awk previously so your "newbie" license is already expired. what have you got so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to search and print output

suppose i have one file file A 18 24 30 35 38 45 55 Another file file B 08_46 A 16 V -0.36 0.23 E : 1.41 08_46 A 17 D -1.04 0.22 E : 0.84 08_46 A 18 Q -0.49 0.12 E : 0.06 08_46 A 19 G 0.50 0.14 E : 0.05 08_46 A 20 V ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format

Hi Guys, my $cmd = "ls -l"; #........ {or let it be as # my $cmd= "ls"; } my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output getting displayed in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk {print $NF} output??

Hi, I am trying to debug an old script and have found the problem lies within this function: isIdoc() { # validate the file type fileType=`file $1 | awk '{print $NF}'` && echo 0 || echo 1 } My question is, how can I determine what is in the variable $fileType ? The program is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vervette
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to parse output and print it comma separated

I need to arrange output of SQL query into a comma separated format and I'm struggling with processing the output... The output is something like this: <Attribute1 name><x amount of white spaces><Atribute value> <Attribute2 name><x amount of white spaces><Atribute value> <Attribute3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange perl print output behaviour

Hi, Today I have found the following case in perl: print "length:$lengths\tsum:". $count{$lengths}+$count_pair{$lengths}."\tindi:$count{$lengths}\t$count_pair{$lengths}\n";This give output as That means the first part of print is not printing. Only the values after the additions are printed.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any awk one liner to print df output?

Hi, OS = Solaris Can anyone advise if there is a one liner to print specific output from a df -k output? Running df from a command line, it sometimes gives me 2 lines for some volume. By re-directing the output to a file, it always gives 1 line for each. Below is an example output,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print output problem

Hello friends, I have written a script and i need to add some part into it so that i could print out more results depending on more conditions, This is the core part of the script which does the actual work: echo "$j" && nawk -v stat=$2 'NR==FNR &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in solving to obtain desired print output using awk or perl or any commands, Please help!!

I have an file which have data in lines as follows ad, findline=24,an=54,ab=34,av=64,ab=7989,ab65=34,aj=323,ay=34,au=545,ad=5545 ab,abc,an10=23,an2=24,an31=32,findline=00,an33=23,an32=26,an40=45,ac23=5,ac=87,al=76,ad=26... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepKrish
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print commas between awk output

When I output fields 1 2 4 5 & 6, I would like to have a comma between them but I am beating my head against the wall to get it to work. Any help is appreciated sed 's/]*,]*/,/g' file1 > file1.$$ && awk -F, 'FNR==NR{f2=$1 $2 $4 $5 $6;next} FNR==1{print $0, "CDP NE Hostname,CDP NE IP,Remote... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
6 Replies
Path::Class::File::Stat(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Path::Class::File::Stat(3pm)

NAME
Path::Class::File::Stat - cache and compare stat() calls on a Path::Class::File object SYNOPSIS
use Path::Class::File::Stat; my $file = Path::Class::File::Stat->new('path','to','file'); # $file has all the magic of Path::Class::File # sometime later if ($file->changed) { # do something provocative } DESCRIPTION
Path::Class::File::Stat is a simple extension of Path::Class::File. Path::Class::File::Stat is useful in long-running programs (as under mod_perl) where you might have a file handle opened and want to check if the underlying file has changed. METHODS
Path::Class::File::Stat extends Path::Class::File objects in the following ways. use_md5 Calling this method will attempt to load Digest::MD5 and use that instead of stat() for creating file signatures. This is similar to how File::Modified works. changed Returns the previously cached File::stat object if the file's device number and inode number have changed, or if the modification time or size has changed. Returns 0 (false) otherwise. While File::Modified uses a MD5 signature of the stat() of a file to determine if the file has changed, changed() uses a simpler (and probably more naive) algorithm. If you need a more sophisticated way of determining if a file has changed, use the restat() method and compare the cached File::stat object it returns with the current File::stat object. Example of your own changed() logic: my $oldstat = $file->restat; my $newstat = $file->stat; # compare $oldstat and $newstat any way you like Or just use File::Modified instead. restat Re-cache the File::stat object in the Path::Class::File::Stat object. Returns the previously cached File::stat object. The changed() method calls this method internally if changed() is going to return true. SEE ALSO
Path::Class, Path::Class::File, File::Signature, File::Modified AUTHOR
Peter Karman, <karman@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Peter Karman This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-28 Path::Class::File::Stat(3pm)