Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: losing /usr/bin directory
Operating Systems AIX losing /usr/bin directory Post 302317191 by otheus on Monday 18th of May 2009 09:21:09 AM
Old 05-18-2009
Quote:
Thanks for your response but I have ran the auditing process with IBM support and send them the logs.
First, the output of ps and find please. Then we'll get to auditing if it's needed

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory when doing crontab

I just set up an ftp server with Red Hat 5.2. I am doing the work, I'm baby stepping, but it seems like every step I get stuck. Currently, I'm trying to set up a crontab job, but I'm getting the following message: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory. I see that vi exists in /bin/vi,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin ?

Hi All, Can somebody tell me the difference between /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin ? Thanx in advance, Saneesh Joseph (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saneeshjose
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How do I link ld in /usr/ucb/ to /usr/ccs/bin?

Hi all, below is the problem details: ora10g@CNORACLE1>which ld /usr/ucb/ld ora10g@CNORACLE1>cd /usr/ccs/bin ora10g@CNORACLE1>ln -s /usr/ucb/ld ld ln: cannot create ld: File exists ora10g@CNORACLE1> how to link it to /usr/ccs/bin? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

#!/usr/bin/env : perl no such file or directory

hi i have some perl scripts with shebang line as (#! /usr/bin/env perl ) instead of actual absolute path of perl ( i know why its that way ) everything works fine from command line , the problem is when i am trying to run those scripts from web ( local web tool ) it throws error as /usr/bin/env :... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias /usr/bin to /bin in profile

Hi! All the basic linux commands, ie. echo, find, etc, are located in /bin. I have a couple of programs that have these commands pointed towards /usr/bin, ie, /usr/bin/echo (even though the actual 'echo' command is in /bin). How can I alias or redirect or link the /usr/bin to /bin just for this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dancerat
6 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

7. Solaris

What is the difference between xpg4/bin and usr/bin?

Hi Experts, I found that the same commands(sort, du, df, find, grep etc.) exists in both dir. What is the difference to use them? i.e: to use xpg4/bin/grep and usr/bin/grep My OS version is SunOS 5.10 Regards, Saps (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
7 Replies

8. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error: /usr/bin/env: ruby: No such file or directory

Hi, I installed ruby using rvm with root user on Linux. Now i m trying the below command as a non root user with sudo privileges. sudo /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.5/bin/gem install passenger I get the below error: I had even reset the path for both gem as well as ruby as you... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
audit.conf(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						     audit.conf(4)

NAME
audit.conf, audit_site.conf - files containing event mapping information and site-specific event mapping information DESCRIPTION
Files and store the event mapping information that can be used by and An event is a particular system operation. It may be either a self-auditing event or a system call. Auditable events are classified into several event categories and/or profiles. Events and system calls may have aliases. When the auditing system is installed, a default set of event mapping information is provided in In order to meet site-specific require- ments, users may also define event categories and profiles in In general, an event category is defined as a set of operations that affect a particular aspect of the system. A profile is defined as a set of operations that affect a particular type of system. With these classifications, a set of events can be selected when using or by specifying the event category or the profile that the events are associated with. Here is the syntax of the directives in and Event categories are defined using the directive for base events and the directive for event aliases. Base events are events that are pre-defined by the HP-UX operating system. They are always associated with self-auditing events that have the same name and/or with a list of system calls with the names that are referred to by the HP-UX auditing system. Event aliases, distinct from base events, are combinations of base events, self-auditing events, system calls, and system call aliases. The system call name referred to by the auditing system usually matches the real system call name with a few exceptions. If the system call is one of these exceptions, an alias name may be defined using the directive, and the alias name can be used by and system call level selection. For example, the system call is referred to as the system call by the auditing system. The interface of is not publicly exported, but the security relevant information of this system call is described in this file documents the security relevant information for all system calls that have names beginning with a period Profiles are defined using the directive. Profiles can be combinations of any events. In only and directives are allowed; names picked for or must begin with a uppercase character and must have at least one lowercase charac- ter. Adding or at the end of an event name indicates only include successful or failed operations. EXAMPLES
Here are some example entries that could be in Selecting for auditing enables audit for the system calls (for both pass and fail), (for pass only), and (for fail only). Note that con- tains and the fail events covered under Selecting this profile causes to be audited for both pass and fail, and to be audited for fail, and to not be audited at all. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
File containing event mapping information File containing audit information description for HP-UX internal system calls which are not publicly supported File containing site-specific event mapping information SEE ALSO
audevent(1M), audisp(1M). audit.conf(4)