Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find the create time of a file if current date is in next month Post 302317084 by vidyadhar85 on Monday 18th of May 2009 04:19:56 AM
Old 05-18-2009
try this remove the unnecessary part Smilie
Code:
function time_diff
{
awk -v start_time=$1 -v end_time=$2 'BEGIN{
if ( start_time !~ /^[0-9]/ || end_time !~ /^[0-9]/ )
usage(start_time,end_time)
split(start_time,T2,":")
split(end_time,T1,":")
start_seconds=T1[1]*60*60+T1[2]*60+T1[3]
end_seconds=T2[1]*60*60+T2[2]*60+T2[3]
if ( start_seconds > 86401 || end_seconds > 86401)
usage("out_off_range","")
elapsed_seconds=start_seconds-end_seconds
if( elapsed_seconds < 0 )
{elapsed_seconds=elapsed_seconds*-1
calculate(end_time,start_time,elapsed_seconds)}
else
calculate(start_time,end_time,elapsed_seconds)}
function calculate(start_time,end_time,elapsed_seconds){
HH=elapsed_seconds / 3600
MM=(elapsed_seconds % 3600) / 60
SS=elapsed_seconds % 60
printf  "TIME DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "start_time"(START TIME)-"end_time"(END TIME)--> +%02d:%02d:%02d\n",HH,MM,SS }
function usage(start_time,end_time){
if( start_time=="out_off_range" )
printf "TIME OUT OFF RANGE\n"
else
printf "INVALID TIME FORMAT "start_time" "end_time"\n"
printf "USAGE : time_diff.sh <HH:MM[:SS]> <HH:MM[:SS]>\n"
exit}'
}
time_file=`ls -l abc.txt|awk '{print $8}'`
time_current=`date +%T`
time_diff $time_file $time_current

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I create a file with current time - 60 minutes

I'm using k-shell in unix and I want to create a file with the current system time - 60 minutes. I know I can use touch to create the file, but I'm having trouble specifying how tell it to use the current time less 60 minutes. Any ideas??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaveyTN
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create file.txt and add current date in file content

Hey guy, how to make bash script to create foo.txt file and add current date into file content and that file always append. example: today the script run and add today date into content foo.txt and tomorrow the script will run and add tomorrow date in content foo.txt without remove today... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenboly
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract log data based on current date and month ?

Hi Gurus, I'm using HP-UX B.11.23 operating system. I've been trying to extract this log info based on the current date and month, but was having some issues as the date column which on the 4th column has a comma and the 5th column has a dot tied to it. Here is the output from my shut... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

current date - one month in AIX

Hi, i unable to get the last month date in AIX. current date - one month Based on the forums tried but did not find the relevent information. Any help grealy appriciated. Thanks Suri. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getting last date of previous month and first date of previous 4th month from current date

I have requirment to get last date of previous month and the first date of previous 4th month: Example: Current date: 20130320 (yyyymmdd) Last date of previous month: 20130228 (yyyymmdd) First date of previous 4th month: 20121101 (yyyymmdd) In my shell --date, -d, -v switches are not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i find a file with the current time stamp in it??

I want to find a file using find or any utility having the current date time stamp..... I have an alternate way to do that.... but that is too way out of logic... so looking out something with find itself (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX - Get next month from current date

As said in object, how can i obtain that? In linux i use date -d "1 month" +"%m%Y". Thanks i advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabfisc
8 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to minus 2 month from current date?

I am running a script in ksh to get the 2 months back date from system date.The below code is giving correct date output from putty command prompt.But while running the script is .ksh file it is giving the error below.Please suggest. ; d=a; y=a m-=num while(m < 1) {m+=12; y--}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hini
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to get first & last day of a month from current date?

Hi, I need the first & last day of a month from any given date. For better understanding, if i need to back-fill data for date 07/20/2019 i.e July 20 2019, i need the first & last day has 07/01/2019 - 07/31/2019. FYI: I'm using GIT BASH terminal. sample code: export DT=$(date --date='6 days... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rocky975583
2 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)