Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX runtime libs accessed by application in AIX Post 302316981 by zxmaus on Sunday 17th of May 2009 03:28:29 PM
Old 05-17-2009
Hi,

I am not sure if I understand the question correctly but usually applications bring their own libraries in their bin or lib directory - easiest thing to find out if you have some special libraries is to look into the userprofile of the user who runs the application under and check for LD_LIBRARY_PATH or LIBPATH - see if anything special is defined.

Kind regards
Nicki

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Installation an application on AIX

Hi all I'm newbie In this forum, i have posted some topics about zip and unzip a file on AIX system. And i have some answers so that AIX can not work with zip file, and they tell me some files to zip and unzip my files on AIX such as: zip-2.3-3.aix4.3.ppc.rpm unzip-5.51-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenguyen0101
2 Replies

2. Programming

Seeking Some libs for AIX 5.3

hello everybody! I m compiling some program with the g++ on AIX 5.3 and it needs some library that i didn't find them i am new with the AIX here is the compilation error : g++ -Daix -fpic -o printps -lxercesc1_1 -L/oracle/OraHome/lib32/ -L/epost2/blitz/lib -lhmltods -lhmltops -lgeneric... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eternalflame
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Allocate memory for a shell script in Aix at runtime-urgent critical

How to allocate memory for a shell script on aix box at the time of execution i.e at runtime Are there any commands for AIX in specific Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Memory used by an Application

Hi, Is there any way to find the Memory allocated to an Application in AIX server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinivt
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if file is being accessed by any application

Hello, is there maybe a way to check if a specific file is being accessed at the moment? Example: You will start copying a 10 GB file from A to B, how could I code it so my script actually knows when file B is finished copying? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TehOne
1 Replies

6. AIX

Q: AIX dynamic linked libs

I think the default extension on AIX is .a so for dynamic lib "libabc.a", we can simply link against it by specifying "-labc" but here I have a dylib which been built by some one else called "libxyz.so" on AIX. once I say "-lxyz" the linker is only looking for libxzy.a but not .so after that.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acerlinux
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS

Hi Experts, How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS? I would like to verify if “xlcpp.rte.10.1.0.aix.base” package is applied or not ? thanks in advance. -Mallela (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meetmallela
1 Replies

8. AIX

Embedding Runtime Search Path into Library on AIX

My product has 2 libraries say "x & y". x depends on y. During the installation of my products package, user will be prompted for his own location to copy my product libraries. Installation will copy libraries "x & y" and create my product specific ENV variable say "MYPATH" pointing to User... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erra_krishna
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX runtime programming issue

I hope my title is accurate enough. I have a product that we port to various UNIX platforms. It is known to run on AIX but using the IBM compiler from years ago. Recently we got a different used AIX P5 platform running AIX 5.3 and we setup the GCC compiler (4.4.5 I think). C and C++ source code.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pug
5 Replies

10. AIX

Create shared libs on AIX (with certain libs which are statically linked)

I want to create a shared lib with certain libs statically linked to it. I can generate a fully shared lib as follows: gcc -maix64 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./src -DHAVE_OPENSSL -I/usr/include/openssl -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/apr-1 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I/usr/java8_64/include -shared -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amandeepgautam
0 Replies
redland-config(1)					      General Commands Manual						 redland-config(1)

NAME
redland-config - script to get information about the installed version of Redland SYNOPSIS
redland-config [--cflags] [--help] [--libs] [--libtool-libs] [--prefix[=DIR]] [--private-libs] [--version-decimal] [--version] DESCRIPTION
redland-config is a tool that is used to determine the compile and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use the Redland RDF library. OPTIONS
redland-config accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of redland on the standard output. --version-decimal Print the currently installed version of redland as a decimal integer. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a redland program. This excludes linker arguments used to build the librdf shared library. --libtool-libs Print the flags that are necessary to link a redland program with libtool. --private-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to build the librdf shared library. This option is not usually needed because the librdf shared library has already been dynamically linked against these libs. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a redland program. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that redland was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. SEE ALSO
redland(3), AUTHOR
Dave Beckett - http://www.dajobe.org/ <http://www.dajobe.org/> 2008-09-07 redland-config(1)