Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File number count
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File number count Post 302316935 by danmero on Sunday 17th of May 2009 11:22:03 AM
Old 05-17-2009
Code:
fileCount=`ls | wc -l`

or on bash
Code:
fileCount=$(ls | wc -l)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of lines in Binary file

Hi Friends Please help me out to count number of lines in binary file. It gives some wrong(less) using wc -l. Is there any other way to count lines of binary file. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

hw can i count the number of character in a file by perl

i want to count the number of character contained in afile using perl cript help me out (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trupti_rinku
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count number of delimiters in a file name

I have a list of files with names as "FULL_abcd_xyz_timestamp.txt" and "FULL_xx_abcd_xyz_timestamp.txt". I am writing a script with a 'for loop' to take each file, strip the "FULL" and "timestamp" from the file name and do some actions on the contains of the file. So I need to know the number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayanbiswas
4 Replies

4. Programming

to count the number of commented lines in a file

can someone guide me how to have a C pgm to count the number of commented lines? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the number of files with only the partial file name

I have 1800 files in a directory. The file name is like out_cpty_XXXX. The "XXXX" vaires from file to file. I want to get the count of files with file name out_cpty_XXXX. How to get the count with just the partial file name? Any help would be appreciated? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sangtha
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count of Number of Lines in a File

Dear Members, I want to count the number of lines in a file; for that i am using the following command : FILE_LINE_COUNT=`wc -l $INT_IN/$RAW_FILE_NAME` if i do an echo on FILE_LINE_COUNT then i get 241 /home/data/testfile.txt I don't want the directory path to be displayed. Variable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the number of lines in a file with one condition

Hi Everyone, 1.txt Mon 08 Feb 2010 12:30:44 AM MYT;1265560244;e164:0000116047275464;T;Central;0; Mon 08 Feb 2010 12:30:46 AM MYT;1265560246;e164:0000116047275464;T;Central;0; Mon 08 Feb 2010 12:30:48 AM MYT;1265560248;e164:0000116047275464;T;Central;0; Mon 08 Feb 2010 12:30:50 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count number of occurances of string in a file?

Gurus, Need little guidance. I have A.txt and B.txt file. B.txt file contains Unique strings. Sample content of B.txt file for which i cut the fourth column uniquely and output directed to B.txt file And A.txt file contains the above string as a fourth column which is last column. So A.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count number of files in directory and write to new file with number of files and their name?

Hi! I just want to count number of files in a directory, and write to new text file, with number of files and their name output should look like this,, assume that below one is a new file created by script Number of files in directory = 25 1. a.txt 2. abc.txt 3. asd.dat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of occurrence of a string in file

if there's a file containing: money king money queen money cat money also money king all those strings are on one line in the file. how can i find out how many times "money king" shows up in the line? egrep -c "money king" wont work. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)