Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Araic Encoding
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Araic Encoding Post 302316904 by habuzahra on Sunday 17th of May 2009 07:28:07 AM
Old 05-17-2009
Araic Encoding

hi folks ,

I have a shell script which contain SQL query that dump some data from the DB in arabic and this data is written to a file in unix machine but the problem that the arabic data is appear like ??????????|111|???????? even when I move it to my windows XP machine.

Any one have an Idea what I have to do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

encoding

Hi, I'm using putty and when I try to write ü it writes | (or when I try to write é , it writes i) I tried to change settings/translation of putty but with no success I have KSH # locale LANG= LC_CTYPE="C" LC_NUMERIC="C" LC_TIME="C" LC_COLLATE="C" LC_MONETARY="C" LC_MESSAGES="C"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: palmer18
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

URL encoding

Hi All, I want to do URL encoding using shell script in my project. I decided that the sed is the correct tool to do this. But I am unable achieve what I wanted using sed. kindly help me to get rid of this. My requirement is , there will be one URL with all special character, spaces etc... ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vichu
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the file encoding

Hello! The system is AIX 5.3 Give please command or script to get the file encoding Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinment
2 Replies

4. AIX

get the file encoding

Hello! The system is AIX 5.3 Give please command or script to get the file encoding (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinment
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding troubles

Hello All I have a set of files, each one containing some lines that follows that regex: regex='disabled\,.*\,\".*\"'and here is what file says about each files: file <random file> <random file> ASCII text, with CRLF line terminatorsSo, as an example, here is what a file ("Daffy Duck - The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tukuyomi
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Encoding Type

Hi, Where can I find the encoding type in a unix server ? Thanks in advance !!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: risshanth
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UTF8 encoding

Hi experts, I have a gz file from other system(solaris), which is ftped to our system(solaris). After gunzip, the file is a xml file and we are using ORACLE built in xml transformiing tool ORAXSL to transform XML to TXT. Now the issue is we come accross issue regarding UTF8 as below:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the file encoding and updating the file encoding?

Hi, I am beginner to Unix. My requirement is to validate the encoding used in the incoming file(csv,txt).If it is encoded with UTF-8 format,then the file should remain as such otherwise i need to chnage the encoding to UTF-8. Please advice me how to proceed on this. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Encoding problem

Hi All, Hope you can help me with the below :). I'm working on a script on SUN solaris and I'm facing a problem with the number encoding as shown below, 1 is encoded to 31 (this is ASCII so it's ok) 11 is encoded as B118 !!! don't know why 111 is encoded as B1580C !!! don't know why ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: /dev/bag
4 Replies

10. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! I´m using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . I´m expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
VOLDUMP(8)						       AFS Command Reference							VOLDUMP(8)

NAME
       voldump - Dump an AFS volume without using the Volume Server

SYNOPSIS
       voldump -part <partition> -volumeid <volume id>
	   [-file <dump file>] [-verbose] [-help]

voldump -p <partition> -vo <volume id>
	   [-f <dump file>] [-ve] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       voldump dumps an AFS volume in the format used by vos dump without using the Volume Server.  It must be run on the file server machine and
       usually must be run as the superuser "root" to have permissions to read the file server data.  It's primary use is to recover data from a
       file server machine where the Volume Server cannot be started for some reason.

The dump output will go to standard output, or to a file if -file is specified.	vos restore can be used to load the resulting dump into a
       new AFS volume.	voldump always does a full dump.

CAUTIONS
       Normally, use vos dump instead of this command.	voldump is a tool of last resort to try to extract data from the raw data structures
       stored on the file server machine and is not as regularly tested or used as the normal vos dump implementation.

If the AFS volume being dumped changes while voldump is running, the results may be inconsistent.  If the File Server and Volume Server are
       running, stop them with bos shutdown or a similar method before running this command.

OPTIONS
       -part <partition>
	   Names the partition on which the volume to be dumped is located.  voldump does not take the normal full range of ways of specifying a
	   partition.  Instead, partition must be either a single letter between "a" and "z", corresponding to /vicepa through /vicepz, or the
	   full path to the file server partition.  "aa" is not recognized; use /vicepaa instead.

-volumeid <volume id>
	   Specifies the ID of the volume to dump.  The volume must be specified by numeric ID, not by name.

-file <dump file>
	   Specifies the output file for the dump.  If this option is not given, the volume will be dumped to standard output.

-verbose
	   Asks for a verbose trace of the dump process.  This trace information will be sent to standard error.

EXAMPLES
       The following command dumps the volume 1936964939 on the /vicepb partition to the file /tmp/volume.dump:

% voldump -part /vicepb -volumeid 1936964939 -file /tmp/volume.dump

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       The issuer must have read access to the file server data stored in the specified partition.  Usually, this means that the issuer must be
       the local superuser "root" on the file server machine.

SEE ALSO
       bos_shutdown(8), restorevol(1), volserver(8), vos_dump(1), vos_restore(1)

COPYRIGHT
       Copyright 2005 Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  This man page was written by Russ Allbery for OpenAFS.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26								VOLDUMP(8)