Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SAN Storage to solaris 10 server Post 302316743 by Sun Fire on Saturday 16th of May 2009 08:10:33 AM
Old 05-16-2009
so you're having only two connections.

From your server you have to check that the HBA is working or not... and verify your cables.

From the SAN, just verify that port your connected to is enabled.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Storage Migration on Solaris server

Hi All, I need your help urgently. Below I have given the brief description of the Architecture and the Problem. The brief details of the architecture: We have 5 Containers(Non-Global Zones) running on one T5220 Box. The Global Zone is running Solaris 10. The Non-global Zones are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldeep1986
6 Replies

2. Red Hat

how do we check SAN storage?

Hello, I am using LINUX OS. I want to check what is the SAN storage size. How do i check this in server? Any help is really appreciated.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storage from SAN

hi guys I installed Centos 5.5 (local disk). I am using 2 HBAs Now I mapped 5 LUNs from a Storage. I will be using LVM just to test I assigned a LUN I've read I have to use multipath to avoid my Centos see the LUN twice I enabled mdmpd and multipathd... something else I should do? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
8 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Original SAN to a New Solaris Server: Corrupt Label

I've seen several posts that are similar to what I'm trying to do but no dice. I have a server (SunFire V215) that went belly up. I've set up a new one. I'm getting a corrupt label: wrong magic number error. Everything I'm seeing says label the drives, but if I do I'm afraid I'll lose the data... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnelson
0 Replies

5. AIX

New to San Storage

Can anyone recommend a good book on san storage basics and how it communicates with an AIX server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10, adding new LUN from SAN storage

Hello to all, Actually, currently on my Solaris box, I've a LUN (5TB space) from a EMC storage which is working fine, and a partition with ZFS filesystem is created for that LUN. as further you'll see in the logs, the "c4t6006016053802E00E6A9196B6506E211d0s2" is the current configured LUN in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
4 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to mount a 79TB SAN storage to another server?

Hi Team, How do i mount or connect the SAN storage to a specific folder. I have tried to mount it but each time i can only mount 900GB of the storage to the folder: ipmi1 ~]# df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup-root_vol ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElVista
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris SAN Storage Multipath and Messages Check Script

Hi everybody, i am working on the new script , its job discover the Storage Env ( especially MultiPATH ) and FC cards for solaris 11 sparc systems for now.. script is seem working ( but may contain any mistakes or bug ) on the oracle Qlogic fc cards on Emc_VMAx systems and Solaris 11 Sparc_64... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ygemici
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Advice on allocating SAN storage to a virtual database server on VMware

I am relatively new to Linux and we are getting ready to convert our current oracle database servers from the AIX platform to RHEL7 servers on VMWare. I would appreciate any advice on how best to allocate storage to these machines. I plan on using LVM to maintain the disks/filesystems but am... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkmartin
9 Replies
HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)	      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions		 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_GetBindingCapability, HBA_GetBindingSupport, HBA_SetBindingSupport - return and sets binding capabilities on an HBA port SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_GetBindingCapability(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); HBA_STATUS HBA_GetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); void HBA_SetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY Flags); PARAMETERS
handle an open handle returned from HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) hbaPortWWN the Port WWN of the local HBA through which the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA is returned pFlags a pointer to an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure that returns the persistent binding capabilites implemented by the HBA Flags an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure containing the persistent binding capabilites to enable for the HBA DESCRIPTION
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() function returns the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. The HBA_GetBindingSupport() function returns the currently enabled binding capabilities for the HBA. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function sets the currently enabled binding capabilites for the HBA to a subset of the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. RETURN VALUES
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() and HBA_GetBindingSupport() functions return the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been returned. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. The value of pFlags remains unchanged and points to the persistent binding capabilites. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function returns: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been enabled. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_INCAPABLE The flags argument contains a capability not implemented by the HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API version 1) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 (API ver- | | |sion 2) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.11 1 Sep 2003 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)