Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Apache causing CPU to spike when POSTing Post 302316722 by otheus on Saturday 16th of May 2009 06:22:23 AM
Old 05-16-2009
First, please encapsulate your scripts in [code] tags so we can read them.

Second, is Apache configured to use PHP as a module or as CGI?

Third, this line here might give some trouble:
Code:
$pick = $row[first_number];

first_number is neither a symbol nor string. What is it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Find any spike in CPU usage a hour ago

Folks, I need to find out from the system logs ( or elsewhere ) if the CPU utilization reached say 90% an hour ago from now. Is there a way out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavera
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check CPU spike between certain priod of time

Hi, Does anyone know how to check which process has been used the most CPU between certain time period? say I have noticed CPU spike happend between 1:00 to 1:30 now it is 3:00 o'clock already. Is there anyway to find out what process/PID use the most CPU then? Thanks a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 - script creating huge spike in Kernel CPU

I'm running on Solaris 10, and I have a script that's running on several machines. Basically, what it's doing is: * tail -f | grep one or more log files into a temp file * Every minute or so, copy that temp file to a second temp and zero the first * Sed through the 2nd temp to pull out a user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rorgg
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

CPU high - apache real server OK, virtual server not

Got two RHEL servers - one real and one virtual/cloud. Both run apache web server. When traffic is applied, CPU seems to go quite high on virtual one (20%) but real is not really affected. Worry is that a further increase in traffic will see a problem. Experience of RHEL is limited. Whats... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Load spike

Hi, I would try to find out the load spike of memory utilization in the Servers before 2-3 hours ago., As the alerts are being triggering out by the altering system. I try to find out the utilization via the sar command, but how come I know which user and command is consuming more of memory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
6 Replies
CGI(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  CGI(3pm)

NAME
APR::Request::CGI - wrapper for libapreq2's CGI handle. SYNOPSIS
use APR::Request::CGI; my $req = APR::Request::CGI->handle($pool); DESCRIPTION
The APR::Request::CGI module provides a constructor for accessing CGI request data associated to a pool via libapreq2. This manpage documents version 2.13 of the APR::Request::CGI package. METHODS
APR::Request::CGI - derived from "APR::Request". handle APR::Request::CGI->handle($pool) Creates an APR::Request::CGI object. The argument $pool is an APR::Pool object. SEE ALSO
APR::Request, APR::Pool. COPYRIGHT
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-28 CGI(3pm)